Which song do you think will be the best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which song will be the best?

• No Line On The Horizon

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • Magnificent

Votes: 55 19.2%
  • Moment of Surrender

Votes: 82 28.6%
  • Unknown Caller

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Get On Your Boots

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Stand Up Comedy

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • Fez – Being Born

Votes: 23 8.0%
  • White As Snow

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Breathe

Votes: 38 13.2%
  • Cedars Of Lebanon

Votes: 10 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really? people are voting for best song on a collection nobody has even heard yet?

u guys are loco :coocoo:

(that means "...crazy tonight" should be the winner) :beer::cocktail:

Who is voting for Crazy Tonight?? :wink:

I hope I'm horribly wrong....but I just get this overpowering, gut wrenching feeling (kind of like when I've had a bit too many martinis and shots to drink) that Crazy Tonight or whatever other words are part of the new title is going to blow donkey balls. I'm envisioning "A Man and a Woman" part deux.

God I hope I'm wrong.

I remember hearing the title "A Man and a Woman" and thinking how cool it sounded....but the rest is history.

I have a sinking feeling that Moment of Surrender is going to be overlong, underwritten mush.

The whole "completed in 1 take!" thing about MoS worries me.

"Unknown Caller", however, I heard over a year ago, and it is still a piece of music I love. That one's going to be one for the ages.

Overall best? Eh...I went for Magnificent, but of course that's only based on the BC. Personally, though, I'm eager to hear Stand Up Comedy, based on the description.

I hope I'm horribly wrong....but I just get this overpowering, gut wrenching feeling (kind of like when I've had a bit too many martinis and shots to drink) that Crazy Tonight or whatever other words are part of the new title is going to blow donkey balls. I'm envisioning "A Man and a Woman" part deux.

God I hope I'm wrong.

I remember hearing the title "A Man and a Woman" and thinking how cool it sounded....but the rest is history.

I know...even if it doesn't suck, I'm pretty sure it's physically, chemically, biologically, mathematically impossible for it to be the best track on the album.

The voting pattern looks about right to me. Tracks 2-4 are look frighteningly good.

I chose Unknown Caller, based on BC1 and the old Fez-Lanois clip. Unless they messed up the production completely, I know I will love this song--totally amazing and unique chorus.:heart:

I must say I'm a bit surprised to see all the love for MoS... we haven't heard anything at all from this song! Just descriptions and comments that it sounds like a U2 classic etc. For sure that makes it promising but still... I remember there was huge hype for Stuck and Sometimes, and they both turned out average IMO (not bad by any means, but not classics). At least for some of the other songs we have a general idea how they will sound like, what is the melody, etc

I have a sinking feeling that Moment of Surrender is going to be overlong, underwritten mush.

That whole electro thing doesn't help either. I'm pegging this one as a song that I will have high hopes for then upon first listen be disappointed, then after a month or two I'll come around to it and it'll finally resonate....or not.

I know...even if it doesn't suck, I'm pretty sure it's physically, chemically, biologically, mathematically impossible for it to be the best track on the album.

The voting pattern looks about right to me. Tracks 2-4 are look frighteningly good.

and we all know that popular vote says it all. :up:

Call me crazy but I'm going to wait until I hear them!

crazy

:wink:

I chose Unknown Caller, based on BC1 and the old Fez-Lanois clip. Unless they messed up the production completely, I know I will love this song--totally amazing and unique chorus.:heart:

I must say I'm a bit surprised to see all the love for MoS... we haven't heard anything at all from this song! Just descriptions and comments that it sounds like a U2 classic etc. For sure that makes it promising but still... I remember there was huge hype for Stuck and Sometimes, and they both turned out average IMO (not bad by any means, but not classics). At least for some of the other songs we have a general idea how they will sound like, what is the melody, etc

Yeah MoS has a lot of potential based on the descriptions, but we have nothing substantial to go on. For that reason, I went with Magnificent, which I'm fairly certain will be a classic. Unknown Caller is also amazing. And I love that both those tracks are around 6 minutes. 3 songs in a row that total 19 minutes...on a U2 album?? At the beginning of the album?? This could be very special.

I voted for Magnificent. But really, wtf would any of us really know about what these are gonna sounds like? Even with descriptions and beach clips, we have no real idea. I'll reserve judgement on the whole thing till I hear it. Magnificent and Fez-Being Born have the most promising sounding titles but they mean jack shit if the songs don't live up. I'd be happier without expectations.

Breath...I still have the beach clip chorus running through my head, and I haven't listened to it in over a month.

If Cedars Of Lebanon is still Jimi Hendrix inspired, I know I'm going to love it. I've also got alot of hope in Unknown Caller based on the descriptions.

I voted for Magnificent. But really, wtf would any of us really know about what these are gonna sounds like? Even with descriptions and beach clips, we have no real idea. I'll reserve judgement on the whole thing till I hear it. Magnificent and Fez-Being Born have the most promising sounding titles but they mean jack shit if the songs don't live up. I'd be happier without expectations.

Eh, this thread will be fun to look back on in hindsight. It will give us an idea of how accurate song descriptions, and the resulting hype, actually are.

Still, the results should have been made public.

My vote is for Breathe...from the Beach Clip it just sounds like Bono is finally angry...he tried to be the nice humanitarian rock star and it backfired in his face...

Bring it on.

I refuse to vote... :wink:

Because I think all of them will be equally awesome.

Back
Top Bottom