Where the album has a cover? [CONFIRMED]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it kinda looks like an arty version of the HRC symbol.

HRC.gif

What did Paul M say earlier? The concept of an optical illusion is quite interesting but it still needs the name U2 & title on it.

per U2.com

"The album cover artwork is an image of the sea meeting the sky by Japanese artist and photographer Hiroshi Sugimoto."

Gotta go with that for now unless it changes.

I think what we're getting at is that the image could be an interactive image and that this version of the cover could be just a piece of what is communiacted on the actual physical album cover....

What did Paul M say earlier? The concept of an optical illusion is quite interesting but it still needs the name U2 & title on it.

For the life of me I can't remember where but I'm pretty sure it was Paul talking about how even the artwork would break new ground, I'll try and find it, it was back before the delay, but it hinted to something interactive...

it is possible that this is just a static image and the actual cover will have a hologram of some sort in which it appears that the waves in the ocean are actually moving

My thought's that it'll move between this image and an image with the horizon fazed out, like the other picture on this guy's site, and maybe when the horizon is phased out, the equal sign disappears, or the album title and band label appear... I think someone posted an example a bunch of pages back.

all right, and the idea of just a ironic thing, doesn't exist anymore:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

No, I just think that if they were going to settle on one image for the cover they would have gone with the other picture, with no line on the horizon... so I'm speculatuing that they'll use this image to set up the other picture, through some kind of interactive image.

To leave the cover like this wouldn't really be ironic, just a bit lazy, IMO. there's so much potential here...

Well, I think if one of each image, the horizon and non horizon on a hologram were used, it would settle a lot of people.

Eg, "wtf, THERE IS A LINE! *flip* oh, now there isnt. :hyper:" Thus providing one image people can interpret in their own way, and another more to the point one.

Or something.

No, I just think that if they were going to settle on one image for the cover they would have gone with the other picture, with no line on the horizon... so I'm speculatuing that they'll use this image to set up the other picture, through some kind of interactive image.

To leave the cover like this wouldn't really be ironic, just a bit lazy, IMO. there's so much potential here...

i think they're playing with us :lol:

I will for the record, say that I do not like it.
This way when they come out and say: "We were just fucking with you guys!.....here's the real cover""....I won't be one of those people that loved it.

I'll just say, in the grand scheme of things I couldn't give a wahootyfandango about the cover . . . as long as I like the album all will be sweet for me . . . I do however have no strenuous objections to the proposed cover :wink:

:hyper: the album is on its way :applaud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom