'Vertigo' allegedly will be played today on Southern CA radio station - pt2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
martha said:

That's no way to play the first new single in four years by the world's most popular band.

Not if you want anything else by them anyway.

You're right. And if you aren't, then this is one crazy way to introduce a new single.

Elvis said:
The only thing that leads me to believe this could be true... is that Intercope is in Santa Monica, CA... - I've been there - and is close to INDIE...

if the album truly is somewhat of a travel back for U2's music, and more guitar driven... it truly would appeal to a great deal of the listeners that listen to INDIE. Great PR for the band, and great PR for INDIE.... and it's this sort of 'grassroots' things that Interscope is known for.

Right On!!! I'm probably repeating myself here, but I think it's plausible that they would let a fresh sounding new rock station debut the single from their fresh sounding new rock album.

The way this station is run, I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't even mean to have a U2 marathon, but rather all these U2 songs in a row is just a coincidence.

ok
so what the time where this station is based now and what time was everyone expecting it to get played??

who was it who said the BBC are planning on playing it and how did they find out? i just looked on bbc website and saw nothing. i'll be really annoyed if i miss out tho!

You know, I think we should come up with a corny code-name for VERTIGO and the new album. That way...we will have code names...? Just an idea....

di_g said:
ok
so what the time where this station is based now and what time was everyone expecting it to get played??

It's a little after 5 L.A. time. I think it's gonna be played around 8 or 9 L.A. time and a real D.J. will introduce it.

Does anybody ever listen to that Zoo Radio? Wouldn't it be funny if it debuted there.

another 3-4 hours!!! i've got to be up for work in about 6 hours time, i'll never last that long:drool:

still, anyone got the website for the radio staion where i can listen while i sleep...?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom