U2 to Perform First Concerts at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not ideal, but still closer than the folks who paid $500! There will be some front-of-stage if the seating chart is to be believed; looks like more than what appears in the other illustration. It may be a skewed view thing (oh shit did I just summon clerks??)

View attachment 13745

Where did that diagram and note come from? Is that something the venue sent out to ticket holders?

Listen, you guys and gals must be on 10 other sources as you know so much, but break it down for us idiots.

What seats do we want?

Clerks is an animal, what can I say

I had Creepy Jason tattoo an imagine of a bigger, thicker member on my little prince so now I'm twice as big!

My balls will be next -- tattooed to light up like the sphere.

God I miss Ink Master.

Where did that diagram and note come from? Is that something the venue sent out to ticket holders?

Listen, you guys and gals must be on 10 other sources as you know so much, but break it down for us idiots.

What seats do we want?

The render showing the view from the back 100s was sent to ticket holders in those seats, as the venue has now identified them as having an obstructed view of the screen.

As for the seats you want, depends on the experience you want to have.
Close to and focused on the band, or a bit more set back and taking in the production?

If the latter - how much do you want to spend to get this PLUS proximity to the band? Those central seats in the 200s and 300s are noticeably more expensive than the sections to their sides and we’ve seen some sketches of a moving stage...

Last edited:
I'm looking for best sound. Beacon sounded so good. MSG behind the stage I think sounds best. I may be wrong, but I think my last few GA shows at U2, I loved for many reasons, but the sound was sometimes weird down there... maybe it was just too fucking loud.

I've been wearing ear plugs the last 5 years or so and it helps. I brought them to the beacon and I didn't need them. That was so wonderful.

I've seen smaller venue and aritsts, so freaking loud - needed them.

So old and cranky man doesn't want to have a seizure from the visuals, wants to see Bono sweat, but I think my main goal is to hear AB as clear as possible so I can explode in my pants.

Sound is supposed to be the same everywhere, but we won’t know until the shows start up and we get a bunch of, uhh, feedback

I'm looking for best sound. Beacon sounded so good. MSG behind the stage I think sounds best. I may be wrong, but I think my last few GA shows at U2, I loved for many reasons, but the sound was sometimes weird down there... maybe it was just too fucking loud.

I've been wearing ear plugs the last 5 years or so and it helps. I brought them to the beacon and I didn't need them. That was so wonderful.

I've seen smaller venue and aritsts, so freaking loud - needed them.

So old and cranky man doesn't want to have a seizure from the visuals, wants to see Bono sweat, but I think my main goal is to hear AB as clear as possible so I can explode in my pants.

Beacon is a test venue for the Sphere's audio system.

yea they really recovered from the original Ultra / Violet fuck up quite well.

and i do believe the original F' up was a U2.com thing, not a ticketmaster thing.

I think a large part of the F'up was Ultra members only requesting GA, and only the opening weekends. Even now after round 2, there's still Ultra members bitching that they didn't get tix (again) after asking for GA (again) for early weekend dates.

I think a large part of the F'up was Ultra members only requesting GA, and only the opening weekends. Even now after round 2, there's still Ultra members bitching that they didn't get tix (again) after asking for GA (again) for early weekend dates.

Nah.

It was largely due to the idea that Violets and even verified fans got tickets that Ultras asked for.

There were always going to be some people shut out, which means there would always be some complaining.

But something seemed legitimately not correct about how the first one was done, and apparently there was.

Clerks is an animal, what can I say

animal-the-muppets.gif

There are people on the Sphere Facebook group who are literally writing their congressperson over the P1 overhang and, sigh, god someone needs to tell them that their congressperson doesn't give a turkey about their first world problem.

I understand if you're pissed off and you have every right to be, but this is not a national security concern

There are people on the Sphere Facebook group who are literally writing their congressperson over the P1 overhang and, sigh, god someone needs to tell them that their congressperson doesn't give a turkey about their first world problem.

I understand if you're pissed off and you have every right to be, but this is not a national security concern

I lasted in that group for about a day. Utter insanity and I can only imagine how much people will have lost their shit over this world-ending news.

I'm sure I'll take in during the gig to look up and around. Everyone is going to have a slightly different perspective depending where they are, but that's always the same at gigs - this is just going to amplify it I guess.

Just think how pissed off the Postcards from Earth Facebook fan page will be when they find out their December dates have been cancelled for U2.

Just think how pissed off the Postcards from Earth Facebook fan page will be when they find out their December dates have been cancelled for U2.

Boom.

If they discount the tix I could consider going on the Thurs before a Fri show to get a sense of the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom