U2 to Perform First Concerts at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I didn't know this. Why would a section start with row 4? Glad I'm not afraid of heights!

some sections are bigger than others. if there's a curve to the section - it may cut out some rows. the first few rows of the 100s, for example, are taken out to allow for GA - so the technical "first row" of the 100s for these shows is somewhere in the lower teens.

from the Las Vegas Review Journal...

Construction costs are rising again for the entertainment venue MSG Sphere at The Venetian, which is set to open in September.

Representatives of Sphere Entertainment Co., a spinoff from Madison Square Garden Entertainment Inc., announced Wednesday that construction costs had climbed to $2.3 billion, which includes core technology and soft costs, from its prior estimate of $2.18 billion. The company said the increases reflect the “overall complexity of the project.”

Through Tuesday, it has spent an estimated $2.08 billion on the project, which was net of $65 million received from The Venetian.

It also announced that the installation of the interior screen at the Sphere is expected to be completed this month.

Located just east of The Venetian Expo, the 17,500-seat performance venue will open Sept. 29 with the start of a five-week, 17-performance run of U2.

and another tidbit, in case there was any lingering doubt...

According to Sphere officials, Formula 1 will also have a "multi-day takeover of the Sphere" for its inaugural Las Vegas Grand Prix.

They need more U2 dates to keep this thing humming until they land a KPop group/package tour

So does that last quote suggest that there might not be any shows on November 8th, 10th and 11th. To get ready for that multi-day takeover? :gah:

Thanks, I didn't know this. Why would a section start with row 4? Glad I'm not afraid of heights!

You can see there is a little indentation in this section, so starts at 4

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-11 120449.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-11 120449.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 24
from the Las Vegas Review Journal...

and another tidbit, in case there was any lingering doubt...

The article makes the point that bands can't bring their own rig/stage design into this venue, so the band would have to create a show specifically for the Sphere. It wouldn't be worth it for just a show or two so that could hamper who all comes to play in it. Most residencies don't play to 18k people.

You can see there is a little indentation in this section, so starts at 4

Yeah something in the design has a gap in the front of sections 404, 406 & 408 and they all start at row 4 while the adjacent sections start at row 1. Should be a spectacular unobstructed view of the whole shebang from 406 row 4.

346072928_1368147467095668_7800564954118535268_n.jpg

Thank you for posting that, especially since I didn't get it (yet?). :)

ETA: am slow, assumed that was an email at first. I SEE IT.

Last edited:
There's a lot going on around the Sphere for F1. Grandstands and a GA standing area for fans. I doubt that will be all completed before September 29th.

maybe. but construction is due to begin on the Sphere zone grandstands on Aug 7, with construction pivoting to West Harmon by September 7. That's been reported out.

i'm sure there will be some work left to do - but the majority will be complete. what's left will likely be more cosmetic.

Go get 'em.

They better not fuck this one up. Cautiously optimistic seeing how this last Ultra-only thing went but really think they should break out the Ultra and Violet request periods, so Violets only request once Ultra fulfillments are confirmed. Would help Violet group get a realistic view of the remaining inventory, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom