U2.com Subscriber Gift?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who is "them"? I want to contact them, to find out if I can still get the current gift. I don't mind getting the next one in 11 months or whatever. especially if it's a live CD of Stingray, Glastonbury, Mercy, etc :angry: Chocky :angry: * SPOILER *

Go to "help" at U2.com. Submit a customer service form. Then the magical and occasionally helpful "Barbara" will reply (hopefully). I'm pretty sure you can still get From the Ground Up, since the new gift hasn't been announced yet.

I emailed the other day regarding the shipment of the 2012 gift. I got a response right away:

"Thank you for contacting Live Nation Member Services. We apologize but the old gift has already been sent to you. We will note your account and add the order to our waiting list to ship the new gift once it has been announced.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Barbara
Live Nation Merchandise Customer Service"

Not sure if I will actually receive anything when a new gift does come out but at least it sounds like I'll be able to get it without renewing my membership again.

Could never rejoin as a subscriber as my one year with U2.com was what's well known to be the worst in its history (2005). We were given a shitty keyring that says U2.com member and the presale was totally fucked over since Ticketmaster/the venues didn't want to allocate a large number of GA seats, resulting in a lot of fans utilizing their only benefit of a $60 membership to purchase an expensive seat. Like many others, I went and got a GA ticket with ease for the second night's show nearest my house. A total waste of money and disrespect to the fans.

Could never rejoin as a subscriber as my one year with U2.com was what's well known to be the worst in its history (2005). We were given a shitty keyring that says U2.com member and the presale was totally fucked over since Ticketmaster/the venues didn't want to allocate a large number of GA seats, resulting in a lot of fans utilizing their only benefit of a $60 membership to purchase an expensive seat. Like many others, I went and got a GA ticket with ease for the second night's show nearest my house. A total waste of money and disrespect to the fans.

But Larry got mad, so at least you had that going for you.

BZEdUYaIQAAV0sB.png:large

North Side Story, specially commissioned from Ireland's Hot Press Magazine, is our 2013/14 subscription gift. This handsome, large-format publication offers the inside story of the band's rise and rise in Dublin from Out of Control to Under A Blood Red Sky. Includes 260 pages of rare photos, original interviews, diaries & letters, profiles from early European tours (translated into English for the first time) with dozens of new interviews bringing the story right up to date. Comes with bespoke, pull-out map charting U2's Dublin over 35 years. Regular subscribers know we also aim to offer exclusive music in our subscription offer such as U22 (2011/12) and From The Ground Up: Music Edition (2012/13). We anticipate that during this next 12 month subscription term we'll be bringing subscribers more exclusive access to U2's music.

BZEdUYaIQAAV0sB.png:large

North Side Story, specially commissioned from Ireland's Hot Press Magazine, is our 2013/14 subscription gift. This handsome, large-format publication offers the inside story of the band's rise and rise in Dublin from Out of Control to Under A Blood Red Sky. Includes 260 pages of rare photos, original interviews, diaries & letters, profiles from early European tours (translated into English for the first time) with dozens of new interviews bringing the story right up to date. Comes with bespoke, pull-out map charting U2's Dublin over 35 years. Regular subscribers know we also aim to offer exclusive music in our subscription offer such as U22 (2011/12) and From The Ground Up: Music Edition (2012/13). We anticipate that during this next 12 month subscription term we'll be bringing subscribers more exclusive access to U2's music.

Not bad.

Looks good!
(But too bad it doesn't include a CD with U2's contract demo's, as previously only released in the iTunes boxset... :shifty: )

Soooo is there any music coming with this gift at all?

that's a good question. Unfortunately the last book, while visually spectacular, was rather boring. While the CDs were great the story was the same shit repeated over and over. I didn't get very far in the reading aspect of it, but overall im happy with it. Hopefully this new one is well written and engaging.

Perhaps the music offered to subscribers will be digital and tour connected.

Dang. I renewed earlier today and asked them to suspend shipment until the new gift was announced. A few hours later, I received a shipment notification from UPS. But I'm guessing it's for the old gift, not this new one. :(

Might be just me, but I'm not quite impressed... yay, another book on their history. :shrug: as if we don't have enough of those yet.

it Glorifies the past when the future dries up...

I always wonder why people continue being U2.com subscribers if they're fed up with the site so much and don't like anything they do. I'd never spend money on something that I'm so dissatisfied with. Just an idea for those (rightfully) moaning about u2.com all the time :shrug:

Along with this special annual gift, subscribers access a range of other benefits including exclusive music, editorial content and as usual, access to take part in ticket presales if the band announce a tour.

If they announce a tour ?

It's not a bad subscriber bonus, just kind of dull. I like U2 and their music, I don't really care to learn that much more about their personal lives and history. Mostly well worn territory.

I do find it odd though...the band could drop a digital download or CD of any random show from any one of their tours each year and I'd consider that worth my subscription - it would be far more interesting to me than a book.

Besides, the band told us we got the definitive story in U2 by U2... :)

Along with this special annual gift, subscribers access a range of other benefits including exclusive music, editorial content and as usual, access to take part in ticket presales if the band announce a tour.

If they announce a tour ?

I saw somewhere else that it's being reported as being "semi ominous".

It's just common sense these days to protect you in case you get some trumpet suing U2.com saying they promised a tour which in the end didn't happen.

It's not a bad subscriber bonus, just kind of dull. I like U2 and their music, I don't really care to learn that much more about their personal lives and history. Mostly well worn territory.

I do find it odd though...the band could drop a digital download or CD of any random show from any one of their tours each year and I'd consider that worth my subscription - it would be far more interesting to me than a book.

Besides, the band told us we got the definitive story in U2 by U2... :)

That's what I was sort of wondering when I heard what they were giving this out. Still, it holds the possibility of some exclusive content, which wouldn't be a total loss by any means.

No music is a bummer. I'm sure it's a good book, but I've gotten used to getting a CD from them every year! :(

So people can complain about the "same stuff" being released again? :lol: Seriously though, I really didn't mind it myself. A lot of those tracks weren't ones I had previously, and the live material we got over the past two years have been great gifts all around.

Going back to what Marshall said, I wouldn't mind the idea of having a new live show every year. But does any band really do that in the end? I know the fan clubs I've been a part of never really did anything like that before, so I'd be curious to hear if some actually do...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom