U2 360 Boxscore Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sold out within an hour. there are only single tickets left in the $250 and $95 price levels. everything else is sold out.

July 2 Nashville Vanderbilt Stadium
$250 p. seating in stands singles
$95 p. seating in stands singles
$55 GA field sold out
$55 p. seating in stands sold out
$55 GA red zone sold out
$30 p. seating in stands sold out

plus considering Robbie Williams is back with them for their tour makes a big difference.

Tom Petty's 27 boxscores range from July to October so I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for u2's boxscores hopefully in the near future..lol

Actually, they sold 1.34 million tickets in 24 hours....

I don't know if any other artist has ever done smth similar in one single country...

EDIT: not completely UK, 2 Croke Park dates, but still...

Curious what they will do in Amsterdam...(actually I can predict it already: at least 2 sell outs...)

sold out within an hour. there are only single tickets left in the $250 and $95 price levels. everything else is sold out.

July 2 Nashville Vanderbilt Stadium
$250 p. seating in stands singles
$95 p. seating in stands singles
$55 GA field sold out
$55 p. seating in stands sold out
$55 GA red zone sold out
$30 p. seating in stands sold out

Red Zone is a straight single $55 price now?

According to billboard.biz :
U2, Lady Gaga, Metallica and Taylor Swift capped off huge touring years by taking home the major awards at the 2010 Billboard Touring Awards, held tonight (Nov. 4) at the Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers.

In honor of their massive 360 world tour, U2 were presented the Top Tour and Top Draw Awards, which recognize the top grossing and ticket-selling tours based on global box office numbers reported to Billboard Boxscore from Oct. 1, 2009 through Sept. 30, 2010.

Well they must have the boxscores then for u2, but they haven't released them yet. I hope they do soon, it will be interesting to see them.

plus considering Robbie Williams is back with them for their tour makes a big difference.

Probably not that much difference, they sold through multiple nights in stadiums (I think in the region of a million tickets but I stand to be corrected) in no time at all back in 2009 without Robbie W.

It is safe to assume the extra dates added to USA tour next summer will surely make up for the lost money from canceling this year. Will they have to pay insurance money back due to being able to recoup there loses?:

They will have played before more people then the pope and rolling stones combined. And they will make more $$ then GM.

Guess they need to cover SPider MAn Broadway show as it looks like that will never make any $$ since production costs are so high.

Hope Republicans look at tours like this and find a way to tax them to secure social security for all the old farts in USA>

:applaud:

It is safe to assume the extra dates added to USA tour next summer will surely make up for the lost money from canceling this year. Will they have to pay insurance money back due to being able to recoup there loses?:

They will have played before more people then the pope and rolling stones combined. And they will make more $$ then GM.

Guess they need to cover SPider MAn Broadway show as it looks like that will never make any $$ since production costs are so high.

Hope Republicans look at tours like this and find a way to tax them to secure social security for all the old farts in USA>

:applaud:

One report had u2 paying $15m out of their pocket for the delay. LN and the inscurance companies would have had to pay a huge chunk as all venues/trucks/travelling crew get paid. Remember that each venue is booked for 7 days. I think the Claw was ready to go up in SLC when word trickled down.

One report had u2 paying $15m out of their pocket for the delay. LN and the inscurance companies would have had to pay a huge chunk as all venues/trucks/travelling crew get paid. Remember that each venue is booked for 7 days. I think the Claw was ready to go up in SLC when word trickled down.

Nope, half of that. The other half of the $15 m was insured. So it's split like $6-7 m for U2, $6-7 m for LN and $15-17 m for the insurers. The $15 m and the 50% split come from Paul McGuinness (video interview), the $6 (or $7) m comes from a LN quarterly report and the $17 m comes from some insurance website.

All those sources all add up nicely with a $2 m or so margin.

Looks like no U2 boxscores this week either. According to Billboard - Bon Jovi ($14 mil) and Roger Waters ($10 mil) are the top earners this week.

Live Nation has not reported any U2 boxscores for their past Euro trek. Billboard said they will post them once Live Nation does report them though. The thing that gets me though is u2 won top draw and top tour for the year, so Billboard must know the grosses but not the actual boxscores for each city/venue.

Bon Jovi played Morumbi in Sao Paulo, River Plate in Buenos Aires, so I don't see why U2 won't be able too. The deal with the seats is stupid, if anything that would make things worse.

Cooking Da books

SOunds like U2/LIVE NATION wants everyone else to report and then they can cook da books so as to have every show a sellout etc...... Propaganda. Just know they made a boat load of $$$ and lots of people spent their hard earn money and went to see them End of story. and they probably set records etc.... But when it comes to being a tour that lights up the fan well this one is a greatest hits tour with 2 -3 new songs thrown in.....

:doh:

SOunds like U2/LIVE NATION wants everyone else to report and then they can cook da books so as to have every show a sellout etc...... Propaganda. Just know they made a boat load of $$$ and lots of people spent their hard earn money and went to see them End of story. and they probably set records etc.... But when it comes to being a tour that lights up the fan well this one is a greatest hits tour with 2 -3 new songs thrown in.....

:doh:

You're a bad U2 fan.

;)

Why would they hold up the publication? Is there any chance the tour will surpass the Bigger Bang tour this year already?

Why would they hold up the publication? Is there any chance the tour will surpass the Bigger Bang tour this year already?

In attendance yes. Conservatively stimating an average of ~60,000 per show would mean ~19200000 on top of the 3,071,290 already reported. That's just a bit more than Bigger Bang (but less than Black Ice).

But total gross (assuming ~$100 p ticket) would be ~ 70 million less than Bigger Bang (but more than Black Ice).

But if it's really truw what Willie Williams suggested (that we are only halfway in this tour), 360 could end up in a total gross of around 750 million(!), with ~7.5 million visitors...

That's what I thought. Even if we're slightly off (let's say 66.000 average attendancy) the Top Grossing Tour of all time is not yet in sight. Don't know what influence the USD exchange rate has in this sort of reporting. I was just wondering if I missed something ;(

Paul McGuinness has said several times that $750 m is what they are expecting to do, so I expect those South American show anouncements anytime now and who knows what more (hoping here!).

In attendance yes. Conservatively stimating an average of ~60,000 per show would mean ~19200000 on top of the 3,071,290 already reported. That's just a bit more than Bigger Bang (but less than Black Ice).

But total gross (assuming ~$100 p ticket) would be ~ 70 million less than Bigger Bang (but more than Black Ice).

But if it's really truw what Willie Williams suggested (that we are only halfway in this tour), 360 could end up in a total gross of around 750 million(!), with ~7.5 million visitors...

Lets hope U2 pay some taxes in Ireland or else other countries will have to bail the Irish out. Will the boys come back home to save the day.

Or what the hell are they going to do with 200,000 million bucks each....

Save the world ?????:rockon:

@Moggio/badu2fan (+ a few nicknames, I guess), don't you ever get tired of bashing u2 on a u2 forum (and a few others):doh:..

It's sort of pointless, you know...

And yes, we're all aware that LiveNation's official sellout isn't always a "capacity" sellout, but U2 numbers (compared to other artists) are still impressive, especially on the last two tours...

Still eagerly awaiting for the europen leg boxscores though...

Regards to all

I´m curious to see what lame excuse he will come up with when U2 smash both RS tour records. Remember that he´s still convinced that RS are a bigger draw than U2.:lol:

@Moggio/badu2fan (+ a few nicknames, I guess), don't you ever get tired of bashing u2 on a u2 forum (and a few others):doh:..

It's sort of pointless, you know...

And yes, we're all aware that LiveNation's official sellout isn't always a "capacity" sellout, but U2 numbers (compared to other artists) are still impressive, especially on the last two tours...

Still eagerly awaiting for the europen leg boxscores though...

Regards to all

311 million gross

2010 (roughly)
Europe-$130 million
Australia-$65 million

2011 (roughly)
Africa-$15 million
S. America-$50 million
USA-$150 million
Europe-$80 million

Total-$801 million

The Rolling Stones will have to tour a long time and exhaust every possible market to reach this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom