U2 360 Boxscore Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
311 million gross

2010 (roughly)
Europe-$130 million
Australia-$65 million

2011 (roughly)
Africa-$15 million
S. America-$50 million
USA-$150 million
Europe-$80 million

Total-$801 million

The Rolling Stones will have to tour a long time and exhaust every possible market to reach this.

RS will never reach that mark and it even doesnt important!
The thing is: we must look quality not just quantity! Stones are best rock n roll band in history anyway so......
But i think that only one band in the future will reach that number :)
We all know who is the closest band to U2 right know.....

not sure about those nz/aus numbers.

only perth has a second sold out show, the others look to be nowhere near sell outs

RS will never reach that mark and it even doesnt important!
The thing is: we must look quality not just quantity! Stones are best rock n roll band in history anyway so......

Best rock n roll band according to who?

But i think that only one band in the future will reach that number :)
We all know who is the closest band to U2 right know

AC/DC? Their Black Ice Tour grossed $441 million. Its not Coldplay as their last tour only grossed around $200 million which is only 25% of what U2 will do with 360.

311 million gross

2010 (roughly)
Europe-$130 million
Australia-$65 million

2011 (roughly)
Africa-$15 million
S. America-$50 million
USA-$150 million
Europe-$80 million

Total-$801 million

The Rolling Stones will have to tour a long time and exhaust every possible market to reach this.

I think the 2nd Leg Europe gross will be higher as will the South American leg gross. I think the USA gross for the 2nd leg will be a little lower.

Remember, the Rolling Stones did tour for a considerable length of time on A Bigger Bang playing 147 shows, the most ever for a Stones tour. They definitely exhausted every possible market, with the band playing many half full stadiums and non-soldout arena's. That massive effort is what brought them to the $558 million gross.

A U2 gross of $800 million for 360 will be achieved through playing ALL STADIUMS in a 360 setup, with nearly every show filled to capacity. When the 360 tour is over, there will still be enough demand for U2 to play arena's and theaters.

As for the the release of the boxscores for the 2nd leg, if the individual boxscores are to be released, we should see them before the end of the year or at the lastest in early January. Billboard will be releasing its year end charts at the end of December which will have the top 25 boxscore concerts for the year which should include 360 shows from Europe provided U2 releases them. Then of course there is the Year end chart for the top grossing tours of 2010 on the last week in November 2009 to the last week in December 2010 time frame. Finally, there is the POLLSTAR top 100 tour chart for 2010 which runs from January 1 to December 31 2010 time frame. If U2 wants to be included on any of these charts, they will have to release some numbers, at least the overall totals.

If for some reason they are not released, it will be a first for U2. I cannot imagine why U2 and Live Nation would not release the figures. It makes no sense. This is the most successful tour in history. If we don't see individual U2 boxscores from the 2nd leg Europe by the end of January, then we're probably not going to get to see them. We should see the overall total though. Even the Stones released their overall totals for the Licks tour even though they did not release any individual boxscore results for that tour.

Best rock n roll band according to who?

AC/DC? Their Black Ice Tour grossed $441 million. Its not Coldplay as their last tour only grossed around $200 million which is only 25% of what U2 will do with 360.

Speaking of pure $ numbers, watch out for Bon Jovi who are just starting a 2 year tour. They also don't take have as many days off as U2/ACDC/Stones. They have stupid high VIP prices and are doing 2 nights in arenas in cities like Pittsburgh and Vancouver. I think they are selling rear stage seating which may be a rarity for them.

JBJ is very aggressively chasing box office records, though it's going to be tough without many stadiums.

BTW, what's Roger Waters anticipated totoal when he's done his 9 month WALL tour? Leonard Cohen also hase me curious for his 2.5 year tour, though lots of off days and theaters, albiet big prices.

bon jovi were also soundly beaten by u2 in new zealand. they moved their auckland show from mt smart stadium (where u2 played) to an arena and don't seem to be adding an extra night, nor is there a big outcry from people about having their tickets canceled.

My $50 million guess for S. America may be a bit low.

From strong rumors we most likely will see this

Mar 25 Santiago Chile National Stadium 65,127
Mar 26 Santiago Chile National Stadium 65,127
Mar 31 Buenos Aires Argentina La Plata stadium 50,000
Apr 1 Buenos Aires Argentina La Plata stadium 50,000
Apr 3 Buenos Aires Argentina La Plata stadium 50,000
Apr 7 Sao Paulo Brazil Morumbi Stadium 73,501
Apr 8 Sao Paulo Brazil Morumbi Stadium 73,501
Apr 10 Sao Paulo Brazil Morumbi Stadium 73,501
Apr 21 Porto Alegre Brazil Beira Rio Stadium 58,306

including field tickets we're looking at over 650,000 and i think this schedule above will be the minimum number of dates we'll see

Well how can i start.....i must say that i am U2 fan, but also i am fan of Springsteen, Jovi.....
You guys look on U2 like they are best rock band in history but isnt that a little to much....
I think right now the closest as far if we check the boxscore are Bon Jovi, not Acdc not Springsteen.
We cant watch just last tour gross, watch all 10 years, from 2000 to 2010. I think Jovi and Springsteen had 5 mega tour(around 500 mega concert), while other have 3 tour (U2), and Acdc just 2 soooo, i think thats a big difference. And they played same staduims as U2
As far as the charts (albums), Jovi are right now no.1 around the world, beaten all others like pop shit stars and also Springsteen!
If we check lifetime legacy Jovi played to 35 mil. peoples in 50 countries and they had 2600 shows....i think nobody cant reach that!
As far as the album sales U2 sold around 160 mil, Jovi sold Around 140 mil (with solo records), soo i think that isnt a big difference while others sold more than 200 mil ( Bruce, Stones, Acdc).
I am trying to say that we cant look just one tour, watch whole lifetime...
And just one more think, to much commercial is not good for concerts becouse there are to many different kind of music lovers from people who are listening rap, pop..thats whats going on with U2, Jovi lately.
And i have seen U2, Jovi and Springsteen and i have to tell you nobody comes even close to Springsteen, becouse there are only real rock n roll fans!
Many peoples who go to U2 or Jovi concert are just folks who want to see a big stage and not intrested for music.....thats what i saw....

And there are not just numbers important in music. Big tour gross does not mean that they are best rock band! ;)
You guys are way to much in boxscore :)

Well how can i start.....i must say that i am U2 fan, but also i am fan of Springsteen, Jovi.....
You guys look on U2 like they are best rock band in history but isnt that a little to much....
I think right now the closest as far if we check the boxscore are Bon Jovi, not Acdc not Springsteen.

I don't think it has anything to do with being biased or somthing. Let's just stick to facts. When the 360° tour is completed, I think it is likely that the 360 numbers alone will beat Bon Jovi's gross and attendance from 2000 to 2010 combined. Bon Jovi are not even close to U2, Madonna or the Stones.

And they played same staduims as U2

They did NOT play the same stadiums than U2, they usually play much smaller venues.

We cant watch just last tour gross, watch all 10 years, from 2000 to 2010. I think Jovi and Springsteen had 5 mega tour(around 500 mega concert), while other have 3 tour (U2), and Acdc just 2 soooo, i think thats a big difference.

Okay, here they are, 2000-2009

01. The Rolling Stones
Total Gross: $869,471,325
Number of Sell-Outs: 190
Total Attendance: 8,236,586
Number of Shows: 264

02. U2
Total Gross: $844,157,925
Number of Sell-Outs: 288
Total Attendance: 9,869,953
Number of Shows: 288

03. Madonna
Total Gross: $801,299,671
Number of Shows: 248
Total Attendance: 6,387,124
Number of Sell-Outs: 244

04. Bruce Springsteen
Total Gross: $688,136,476
Number of Shows: 403
Total Attendance: 8,605,238
Number of Sell-Outs: 248

05. Elton John
Total Gross: $603,804,670
Number of Shows: 541
Total Attendance: 5,789,833
Number of Sell-Outs: 470

06. Celine Dion
Total Gross: $536,593,262
Number of Shows: 792
Total Attendance: 4,099,963
Number of Sell-Outs: 597

07. Dave Matthews Band
Total Gross: $505,447,901
Number of Shows: 547
Total Attendance: 11,230,696
Number of Sell-Outs: 282

08. Kenny Chesney
Total Gross: $477,931,760
Number of Shows: 622
Total Attendance: 9,210,288
Number of Sell-Outs: 409

09. Bon Jovi
Total Gross: $419,481,741
Number of Shows: 249
Total Attendance: 5,384,747
Number of Sell-Outs: 224

Not all Bon Jovi boxscores have been reported, I think it's fair to assume that the total attendance should be around 8.5 million and total gross should be around $575,000,000

As far as the charts (albums), Jovi are right now no.1 around the world, beaten all others like pop shit stars and also Springsteen!

What is this based on? According to musicharts.net, Bon Jovi sold 222,000 units of their new Greatest Hits album in the first week, which is not what I call successful.

If we check lifetime legacy Jovi played to 35 mil. peoples in 50 countries and they had 2600 shows....i think nobody cant reach that!

These numbers are FAKE! I already mentioned it in another forum. Those numbers are impossible. Let's assume that my number of 8.5 million in attendance since 2000 is accurate. That means that they they must have sold 26 million tickets before 2000. They have had 5 tours before 1990. Their first tour basically were concerts as opening act or theater/club shows, the others were arenas basically. So if these numbers were correct, the tours These Days, Keep the Faith, NJ Syndicate, Slippery When wet all must have had a total attendance of 6.5 million. That means that all these 4 tours must have been as big as 360° or Voodoo Lounge or Bridges to Babylon which is ridiculous. Especially because they first started touring stadiums frequently in 1995! It's actually quite pathetic how they try to officially maximize their own numbers. Even the number about 2,600 concerts is not correct. They played about 1,200 concerts in their career.

As far as the album sales U2 sold around 160 mil, Jovi sold Around 140 mil (with solo records), soo i think that isnt a big difference while others sold more than 200 mil ( Bruce, Stones, Acdc).

U2 sold 170 mil and Springsteen and AC/DC did not sell more than 200 million

And there are not just numbers important in music. Big tour gross does not mean that they are best rock band! ;)
You guys are way to much in boxscore :)

It's because this thread is about boxscores ;)

I don't think it has anything to do with being biased or somthing. Let's just stick to facts. When the 360° tour is completed, I think it is likely that the 360 numbers alone will beat Bon Jovi's gross and attendance from 2000 to 2010 combined. Bon Jovi are not even close to U2, Madonna or the Stones.

Ok, lets sticks the facts!

Crush tour: 40 shows 1 mil folks

One wild night tour (beat in America U2 elevation tour, hottest tour of the year) :54 shows, 2 mil folks
Bounce tour :83 shows (tour gross 150 mil) 3 mil folks
Have a nice day tour : 90 shows ( tour gross 200 mil, that time third place in the world ), 2 mil folks
Lost highway tour : 113 shows ( tour gross 230 mil, no.1 tour of 2008), 2, 5 mil
The circle tour : 140 shows (in the end of the year(2010) tour gross will be 200 mil, end of the tour(2011) around 400 mil)-
in the end around 4 mil.
So combined will be around more than 1 billion tour gross!
Check wiki and others sources. Billboard does not write all the show, that 250 are just for North America!!!

They did NOT play the same stadiums than U2, they usually play much smaller venues.
OOO really, In Europe they always do the same stadiums, always from 1995 from 2010 always! check wiki...
Also Australia, South America....and Jovi are much much bigger in Japan, Korea....

Okay, here they are, 2000-2009

01. The Rolling Stones
Total Gross: $869,471,325
Number of Sell-Outs: 190
Total Attendance: 8,236,586
Number of Shows: 264

02. U2
Total Gross: $844,157,925
Number of Sell-Outs: 288
Total Attendance: 9,869,953
Number of Shows: 288

03. Madonna
Total Gross: $801,299,671
Number of Shows: 248
Total Attendance: 6,387,124
Number of Sell-Outs: 244

04. Bruce Springsteen
Total Gross: $688,136,476
Number of Shows: 403
Total Attendance: 8,605,238
Number of Sell-Outs: 248

05. Elton John
Total Gross: $603,804,670
Number of Shows: 541
Total Attendance: 5,789,833
Number of Sell-Outs: 470

06. Celine Dion
Total Gross: $536,593,262
Number of Shows: 792
Total Attendance: 4,099,963
Number of Sell-Outs: 597

07. Dave Matthews Band
Total Gross: $505,447,901
Number of Shows: 547
Total Attendance: 11,230,696
Number of Sell-Outs: 282

08. Kenny Chesney
Total Gross: $477,931,760
Number of Shows: 622
Total Attendance: 9,210,288
Number of Sell-Outs: 409

09. Bon Jovi
Total Gross: $419,481,741
Number of Shows: 249
Total Attendance: 5,384,747
Number of Sell-Outs: 224

Not all Bon Jovi boxscores have been reported, I think it's fair to assume that the total attendance should be around 8.5 million and total gross should be around $575,000,000

These is only for America! Combined they did aroun 520 shows in 10 years, You can count then if you want. Average crowd in around 30.000

What is this based on? According to musicharts.net, Bon Jovi sold 222,000 units of their new Greatest Hits album in the first week, which is not what I call successful.

They are platium in Uk and Australia. And first week they were on the top everywhere in the world. Check other sources, not just billboard....They will be also platium in other contries

These numbers are FAKE! I already mentioned it in another forum. Those numbers are impossible. Let's assume that my number of 8.5 million in attendance since 2000 is accurate. That means that they they must have sold 26 million tickets before 2000. They have had 5 tours before 1990. Their first tour basically were concerts as opening act or theater/club shows, the others were arenas basically. So if these numbers were correct, the tours These Days, Keep the Faith, NJ Syndicate, Slippery When wet all must have had a total attendance of 6.5 million. That means that all these 4 tours must have been as big as 360° or Voodoo Lounge or Bridges to Babylon which is ridiculous. Especially because they first started touring stadiums frequently in 1995! It's actually quite pathetic how they try to officially maximize their own numbers. Even the number about 2,600 concerts is not correct. They played about 1,200 concerts in their career.

These numbers arent fake, all media told it, also their management, billboard, Wiki, Every music awards (ema, ama...) there was all told it, soo!
I also tell you that Jovi are working band with 5 mega tour, so it is a big difference between others. It is easy to do 2 tour in 10 years dont you think...

U2 sold 170 mil and Springsteen and AC/DC did not sell more than 200 million

In Wiki :U2 150 mil
Bruce : 185 mil
Acdc : More than 200 mil

Unless everybody are lying
!

It's because this thread is about boxscores ;)
Yeah you know what i mean... :)

These Billboard numbers are NOT only North America. A lot of European Bon Jovi boxscores have been reported to Boxscore and, therefore, are integrated in these overall numbers. Some shows have not been reported though, which is why I posted my estimation of $575 milion gross and $8.5 million attendance. I did not inlcude The Circle Tour because that 35-million-fake-number does not include The Circle Tour yet as well.

OOO really, In Europe they always do the same stadiums, always from 1995 from 2010 always! check wiki...
Also Australia, South America....and Jovi are much much bigger in Japan, Korea....

They do not. I cannot see Camp Nou, San Siro, Stade de France or Stadio Olimpico anywhere in their tour schedule.
Just because they play big stadiums in Australia and South America doesn't mean that they're as popular there as artist x. I can name a LOT of acts that had higher attendance and gross figures in the SAME Australian and South American stadiums as Bon Jovi and provide the appropriate boxscores if you want. Same goes for Europe.

These numbers arent fake, all media told it, also their management, billboard, Wiki, Every music awards (ema, ama...) there was all told it, soo!
I also tell you that Jovi are working band with 5 mega tour, so it is a big difference between others. It is easy to do 2 tour in 10 years dont you think...

Aaaaah, the media told it. Then it HAS to be correct. Sorry but just because all media tend to copy these numbers doesn't make them any more valid. And I'm sure Billboard has never mentioned them. These numbers are impossible. We don't even have to discuss about that. Maybe not even the Stones sold 35 million tickets since 1985.

We cant watch just last tour gross, watch all 10 years, from 2000 to 2010. I think Jovi and Springsteen had 5 mega tour(around 500 mega concert), while other have 3 tour (U2), and Acdc just 2 soooo, i think thats a big difference. And they played same staduims as U2
Many peoples who go to U2 or Jovi concert are just folks who want to see a big stage and not intrested for music.....thats what i saw....

If you want to know who is CURRENTLY the most popular artist in terms of tours or albums sales or both, you don't go back to 2005 or 2000 or 1995 etc or add up all these tours in between. You look at the latest album and tour, thats it.

360 is headed for a $800+ million gross. Bon Jovi has yet to do a tour that hit above the $250 million mark in gross!LOL End of discussion!

These Billboard numbers are NOT only North America. A lot of European Bon Jovi boxscores have been reported to Boxscore and, therefore, are integrated in these overall numbers. Some shows have not been reported though, which is why I posted my estimation of $575 milion gross and $8.5 million attendance. I did not inlcude The Circle Tour because that 35-million-fake-number does not include The Circle Tour yet as well.

You can count my numbers which i posted before, these numbers are on Wiki..Yeah some European shows are there but not all thats the big difference!

They do not. I cannot see Camp Nou, San Siro, Stade de France or Stadio Olimpico anywhere in their tour schedule.
Just because they play big stadiums in Australia and South America doesn't mean that they're as popular there as artist x. I can name a LOT of acts that had higher attendance and gross figures in the SAME Australian and South American stadiums as Bon Jovi and provide the appropriate boxscores if you want. Same goes for Europe.

Jovi were never so popular in Italy,France and Spain, thats true. But if you check other Europe countries......
England, they always play Wembley, Milton Keynes, Old Trford, Manchester city stadium....
Austria- Erenst Happel stadion
Germany, Olimpic Stadium(always since 1995), and other big stadium, same as U2, check Wiki
Same goes with Sweden, Ireland ( Croke park.....)
Look by yourself, everything is on Wiki.
When was the last time U2 played in Japan, Jovi are playing every tour in Osaka dome, Tokyo dome, these are biggest stadiums in Japan!
Same goes with South and North America, and also with Canada, you can check by yourself!
So there are bigger in some countries and also they are smaller in others.

Aaaaah, the media told it. Then it HAS to be correct. Sorry but just because all media tend to copy these numbers doesn't make them any more valid. And I'm sure Billboard has never mentioned them. These numbers are impossible. We don't even have to discuss about that. Maybe not even the Stones sold 35 million tickets since 1985.

Yeah even billboard sad it. Thats the true and you can torn a half if you want to. These are real numbers, the thing is the U2 fans dont want to admit it. Jovi and Springsteen are known as one of a best live bands around. Everybody are saying that for about 25 years!

So my point is, both of them are great, and somewhere one is bigger than the other.
I would advise you to check my sources first, like wikipedia and check tour by tour from year 2000 to year 2010 and you will see how big Jovi are.
To do 5 tour in 10 years, i think thats amazing and we cant tell witch one is bigger. To do a massive tour after 4 megatours which every single of them made a gross around 200 mil. and do a tourgross around 400 mil(Circle tour), come on thats not bad!
All i am trying to tell that Jovi and U2 are in the same class.
:applaud:

ovi were never so popular in Italy,France and Spain, thats true. But if you check other Europe countries......
England, they always play Wembley, Milton Keynes, Old Trford, Manchester city stadium....
Germany, Olimpic Stadium(always since 1995), and other big stadium, same as U2, check Wiki
When was the last time U2 played in Japan, Jovi are playing every tour in Osaka dome, Tokyo dome, these are biggest stadiums in Japan!
Same goes with South and North America, and also with Canada, you can check by yourself!

Also, it should be mentioned that the majority of Bon Jovi's tour dates in Europe for the current tour are taking place in the spring/summer of 2011, 3 years AFTER the last time they did stadiums in Europe. Three years is all it takes for the market to fully recover in any one area. So with this tour, Bon Jovi has not oversaturated the market.

If you want to know who is CURRENTLY the most popular artist in terms of tours or albums sales or both, you don't go back to 2005 or 2000 or 1995 etc or add up all these tours in between. You look at the latest album and tour, thats it.

360 is headed for a $800+ million gross. Bon Jovi has yet to do a tour that hit above the $250 million mark in gross!LOL End of discussion!

Yeah but dont forget that Jovi have two megatour more than U2. They have 520 concert combined from 2000 to 2010
You can check others tours from Jovi for example Sllipery when wet which had 210 shows and New Jersey which had 240 shows and Keep the Faith witch had 170 shows and these days tour which had 130 shows sooooo thats something aaaaaa! To have a 500 shows just in 4 years!
Thats what made Jovi one of the best reck band around and after 25 years its still the same!

Yeah even billboard sad it. Thats the true and you can torn a half if you want to. These are real numbers, the thing is the U2 fans dont want to admit it. Jovi and Springsteen are known as one of a best live bands around. Everybody are saying that for about 25 years!

So my point is, both of them are great, and somewhere one is bigger than the other.
I would advise you to check my sources first, like wikipedia and check tour by tour from year 2000 to year 2010 and you will see how big Jovi are.
To do 5 tour in 10 years, i think thats amazing and we cant tell witch one is bigger. To do a massive tour after 4 megatours which every single of them made a gross around 200 mil. and do a tourgross around 400 mil(Circle tour), come on thats not bad!
All i am trying to tell that Jovi and U2 are in the same class.
:applaud:

The only source that matters is Billboard Boxscores. So if you have any claims about Bon Jovi and can prove it with actual Billboard Boxscores, then you would have a point.

We don't count random, made up, wishful thinking, estimates on Wiki, or even from Billboard Magazine.

Yeah but dont forget that Jovi have two megatour more than U2. They have 520 concert combined from 2000 to 2010
You can check others tours from Jovi for example Sllipery when wet which had 210 shows and New Jersey which had 240 shows and Keep the Faith witch had 170 shows and these days tour which had 130 shows sooooo thats something aaaaaa! To have a 500 shows just in 4 years!
Thats what made Jovi one of the best reck band around and after 25 years its still the same!

the latest album and tour, thats it.

Also, it should be mentioned that the majority of Bon Jovi's tour dates in Europe for the current tour are taking place in the spring/summer of 2011, 3 years AFTER the last time they did stadiums in Europe. Three years is all it takes for the market to fully recover in any one area. So with this tour, Bon Jovi has not oversaturated the market.

Yeah thats why the Munich is almost sold out, same goes with Austria and Ireland.....
Bon Jovi did play in London 12 shows (250.000 folks) this year! Also they did Netheland, and Paris soooooo. They were in Europe!

The only source that matters is Billboard Boxscores. So if you have any claims about Bon Jovi and can prove it with actual Billboard Boxscores, then you would have a point.

We don't count random, made up, wishful thinking, estimates on Wiki, or even from Billboard Magazine.

Come one are you.....So everybody are laying, people who give award, magazines, The Jovi crew, Wiki......heheheheheheheh
You can also find on billboard about 35 mil. believe me!

the latest album and tour, thats it.

hehe and how myna rock bands do that gross? I can tell you AcDc, U2, Stones, Police, Springsteen and Jovi.
And how many of them had 5 world tours in 10 years?
-Police made a reunion tour
-Stones only had 1 tour
- Also AcDC had 1 tour!

So there are only two of them!

Yeah thats why the Munich is almost sold out, same goes with Austria and Ireland.....
Bon Jovi did play in London 12 shows (250.000 folks) this year! Also they did Netheland, and Paris soooooo. They were in Europe!

Sorry, but playing 12 shows in London, ONE CITY in an arena, and a couple of one off shows in Europe does not really count when your looking at the possibility of oversaturation through out Europe due to frequent touring.

Given that they have NOT played Germany in 3 years, why isn't Munich already soldout? Shouldn't Austria and Ireland be soldout as well? I mean, its been 3 years.

Also, just found out Bon Jovi's highest grossing tour ever is ONLY 210.6 million! LOL 360 will gross FOUR TIMES that amount!

Oh, as far as other media, its not that they are all lying, but that they often fail to do proper research on the subject, and fail to obtain the actual boxscores which is the only factual way to show what an artist has done out on the road.

Again, stick with the facts as reported by Billboard Boxscore!

hehe and how myna rock bands do that gross? I can tell you AcDc, U2, Stones, Police, Springsteen and Jovi.
And how many of them had 5 world tours in 10 years?
-Police made a reunion tour
-Stones only had 1 tour
- Also AcDC had 1 tour!

So there are only two of them!

Either you need to brush up on your english or your ignorant of the facts when it comes to the highest grossing tours.

No other artist has come close to grossing $800 million dollars on a tour. The highest before that is the Stones at $558 million. AC/DC has 441 million, Madonna $408 million. Springsteen is on the same level as Bon Jovi. Springsteen has yet to do a tour that has grossed OVER $250 million.

Yeah even billboard sad it. Thats the true and you can torn a half if you want to. These are real numbers, the thing is the U2 fans dont want to admit it

So you are claiming that the following 4 tours sold about 6,5 million tickets each and therefore are in the same league as major stadium tours like Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge or 360°?

These Days Tour
Keep The Faith/Sleep When I'm Dead
NJ Syndicate
Slippery When Wet

Only These Days Tour was a full stadium tour. How would that be possible? It's not!

ovi were never so popular in Italy,France and Spain, thats true. But if you check other Europe countries......

As I already mentioned, when comparing acts, it is not important what venues they played in, but what they have grossed there and how many tickets they have sold. For example Santiago:
Bon Jovi 2010: Santiago de Chile Estadio Nacional 46,983 $3,069,075
U2 2006: Santiago de Chile Estadio Nacional 77,345 $5,000,589

There are only a handful of markets worldwide where Bon Jovi is even or bigger than U2 in terms of gross and attendance. One of them is Japan, some Canadian markets but definitely not South America. I don't need to check it because I have all Bon Jovi boxscores here to back my claims up ;)

Sorry, but playing 12 shows in London, ONE CITY in an arena, and a couple of one off shows in Europe does not really count when your looking at the possibility of oversaturation through out Europe due to frequent touring.

Given that they have NOT played Germany in 3 years, why isn't Munich already soldout? Shouldn't Austria and Ireland be soldout as well? I mean, its been 3 years.

Also, just found out Bon Jovi's highest grossing tour ever is ONLY 210.6 million! LOL 360 will gross FOUR TIMES that amount!

Oh, as far as other media, its not that they are all lying, but that they often fail to do proper research on the subject, and fail to obtain the actual boxscores which is the only factual way to show what an artist has done out on the road.

Again, stick with the facts as reported by Billboard Boxscore!

Munich and Austria are almost sold out, so as the others.
Yeah 210 mil thats true but do it x 5.
Are you blind or what they did 5 world tour in 10 years, how many time do i have to write it down! And almost every stadium were sold out every time......
We all know that the truth about 35 mil,2500 concert and i am very sory for you guys......
Go on Wiki and count every single tour from year 1983 to 2011!
Please do that for me! You can also find some other source if you want....just count it! OK

Either you need to brush up on your english or your ignorant of the facts when it comes to the highest grossing tours.

No other artist has come close to grossing $800 million dollars on a tour. The highest before that is the Stones at $558 million. AC/DC has 441 million, Madonna $408 million. Springsteen is on the same level as Bon Jovi. Springsteen has yet to do a tour that has grossed OVER $250 million.

Yes i know that numbers very well believe me! But thay are just for one tour in 10 years. What if Led Zepplelin do a tour right know. They would probaly have one of the biggest ever, dont you think, it a little different!

Slippery When Wet
149 arena shows
average attendance 15,000
total attendance: 2.2 million

NJ Tour
222 arena shows
~10 stadium shows
average attendance 50,000
total attendance: 3.8 million

Keep The Faith
148 arena shows
~25 stadium shows
total attendance: 3.4 million

These Days
58 arena shows
68 stadium shows
2 festival shows
2 shows as opening act
total attendance: 3.5 million

Crush/One Wild Night/Bounce Tour/Have A Nice Day
based on Billboard Boxscore and appropriate estimations:
total attendance combined: 6.7 million

Lost Highway
based on Billboard Boxscore
total attendance: 2.1 million

That's ~21.7 million and NOT 35 million. Case closed.

Slippery When Wet
149 arena shows
total attendance: 2.2 million

NJ Tour
222 arena shows
~10 stadium shows
total attendance: 3.8 million

Keep The Faith
148 arena shows
~25 stadium shows
total attendance: 3.4 million

These Days
58 arena shows
68 stadium shows
2 festival shows
2 shows as opening act
total attendance: 3.5 million

Crush/One Wild Night/Bounce Tour/Have A Nice Day
based on Billboard Boxscore and appropriate estimations:
total attendance combined: 6.7 million

Lost Highway
based on Billboard Boxscore
total attendance: 2.1 million

That's ~21.7 million and NOT 35 million. Case closed.

Well thats great, but the case in not closed :)
We all know that billboard dont get all boxscore!
So where are shows from first Jovi tour (Bon Jovi tour) and where are shows from second (7800 fahrenheit ) ?

And officialy Slipery when wet tour had 206 shows, New Jersey had 232.
So in the end that could be around 35 mil. right!
And dont forget that band also had some solo tours around the world, i mean Jon and Sambora had it!
So thanks for that boxscore, which isnt that right, it is close but not to close! Just like total boxscore from billbboard which say that Jovi in 10 years only had 244 concerts! We all know that they dont have all the informations!

Lets just do a simple score.
So:
Crush tour, tour gross around 100 mil.
One wild night tour - tour gross around 150 mil.
Bounce tour- tour gross 150. mil
Have a nice day- tour gross 200 mil.
Lost highway tour - tour gross 220 mil.

Right now the Circle tour have tour gross around 160 mil. and in the end of the year it will have around 200 mil + next year 200 mil, so total will be 400 mil.!

So combined Jovi tour gross will be 1.200 billion!
So that isnt that bad right!

Good night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom