U2 360 Boxscore Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but that 35 million attendence if it is true and I don't know why anyone would believe MTV anyways, includes not just Bon Jovi's solo shows that number includes festivals. here is a list of just a few of them. sorry you can't count these and these are only the ones in the 2000's. Remember u2 doesn't hardly play festivals and when they play Glastonbury next year those numbers will not be counted into u2's total numbers.

• HullabaLOU Music Festival, Louisville, KY, USA (July 23, 2010)
  • Rock in Rio Festival, Madrid, Spain (June 2010)
  • Summerfest 2009, Milwaukee, WI, USA (June–July 2009)
  • New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, New Orleans, LA, USA (April 2009) [30]
  • Rock in Rio Festival, Lisbon, Portugal (May–June 2008) [30]
  • Live Earth 2007, East Rutherford, NJ, USA (July 2007) [30]
  • Summerfest 2007, Milwaukee, WI, USA (June–July 2007) [30]
  • Live 8, Philadelphia, USA (July 2, 2005)
  • Heineken Jammin' Festival, Imola, Italy (June 14, 2003)

also, in 2004 bon jovi flashed out there that they reached the 100 million album mark which yeah i can believe, but now they are saying 130 million (Wiki source). there is no way they have sold 30 million albums in the past 6 years! but i guess Wiki is the best source we can go by right? lol

also, in 2004 bon jovi flashed out there that they reached the 100 million album mark which yeah i can believe, but now they are saying 130 million (Wiki source). there is no way they have sold 30 million albums in the past 6 years! but i guess Wiki is the best source we can go by right? lol

No they reached that mark earlier, thay just do a boxset with that album cover like Elvis Presley did! They sold more records than 130 mil, with Solo records and latest CD they sold close to 140 mil.

YouTube - Bon Jovi Hall of Fame Introduction

YouTube - bon jovi receiving MTV Global Icon Award

For you guys :)

I need to correct myself wiki said 130 million RECORDS not albums. i was confusing the two. there is a difference. the 100,000,000 bon jovi fans cant be wrong box set is saying that's how many albums they've sold by 2004. so how many albums have bon jovi sold by now?

Yes i know that numbers very well believe me! But thay are just for one tour in 10 years. What if Led Zepplelin do a tour right know. They would probaly have one of the biggest ever, dont you think, it a little different!

Well, the 360 tour is just ONE TOUR as well. Think about it. Why can't Bon Jovi gross $800 million from a single tour? Because they simply are not popular enough to do so. The best they have been able to do is $210 million.

How can you be comparing U2 to Led Zep? U2 is an active band that releases albums and tours on a regular basis and has been doing that since 1980.

!

Lets just do a simple score.
So:
Crush tour, tour gross around 100 mil.
One wild night tour - tour gross around 150 mil.
Bounce tour- tour gross 150. mil
Have a nice day- tour gross 200 mil.
Lost highway tour - tour gross 220 mil.

Right now the Circle tour have tour gross around 160 mil. and in the end of the year it will have around 200 mil + next year 200 mil, so total will be 400 mil.!

So combined Jovi tour gross will be 1.200 billion!
So that isnt that bad right!

Good night

Well, we don't know if that is actually correct, but even if it were, your talking about 6 tours over an 11 year period to get to 1.2 Billion.

U2 is going to get $800 million plus from just ONE TOUR! Sorry, but there is no comparison and no contest at all. Until Bon Jovi does a tour that grosses at least $600 million, you can forget comparing them to U2!

Munich and Austria are almost sold out, so as the others.
Yeah 210 mil thats true but do it x 5.
Are you blind or what they did 5 world tour in 10 years, how many time do i have to write it down! And almost every stadium were sold out every time......
it! OK

1. They didn't gross $210 million dollars each of the 5 tours.
2. How many times they toured in the past ten years is essentially irrelevant. What matters is how they did on the LATEST TOUR!
3. Bon Jovi had to enlist the help of Nickelback to help fill stadiums in the United States! LOL

We all know that the truth about 35 mil,2500 concert and i am very sory for you guys......
Go on Wiki and count every single tour from year 1983 to 2011!
Please do that for me! You can also find some other source if you want....just count

Wiki does not count as a source. We use Billboard Boxscores, understand?

Remember that U2 can outgross Bon Jovi in every market around the world with the exception of Japan. Remember that U2 is playing STADIUMS in all markets and not only that but STADIUMS in 360 which is more difficult to do since it requires that you sell seats that are normally behind the stage.

We all know that billboard dont get all boxscore!

Which is why I took realistic estimations for the missing shows.

So where are shows from first Jovi tour (Bon Jovi tour) and where are shows from second (7800 fahrenheit ) ?

Irrelevant because they are all club shows or shows opening for KISS, Judas Priest and ZZ Top.

And officialy Slipery when wet tour had 206 shows

I'm going to correct that.

Crush tour, tour gross around 100 mil.
One wild night tour - tour gross around 150 mil.
Bounce tour- tour gross 150. mil
Have a nice day- tour gross 200 mil.
Lost highway tour - tour gross 220 mil.

Right now the Circle tour have tour gross around 160 mil. and in the end of the year it will have around 200 mil + next year 200 mil, so total will be 400 mil.!

So combined Jovi tour gross will be 1.200 billion!
So that isnt that bad right!

Where do you have these numbers from? There's no way in hell the Crush tour grossed 100 million or the One Wild Night Tour grossed 150 million. That would mean an average gross of over 2 million per show. But we know from official individual boxscore numbers that they grossed about $650,000 each night in North America. My guess for these three tours combined is $370 million at most. Lost Highway grossed $209 million. The Circle Tour will gross $300 million. So in total that would be $879 million.

So far Bon Jovi has made from the circle tour $146,507,388 to 1.591 million fans in their first 69 concerts. U2's 360 tour has made $311,637,730 to 3.071 million fans from their first 44 concerts. Paul M said u2 grossed more than $120 million to 1.25 million people in their past 22 stadium shows in Europe aug/oct 2010. That puts the u2 360 tour at more than $431 million gross to 4.321 million people to 66 shows. You can't even compare the circle tour to the 360 tour!!!! The Circle tour will have 135 shows and is Bon Jovi's longest tour since the syndicate tour. But to make you happy once both tours are over and boxscores have been released then we can do an analysis of both tours and we will come to a conclusion of who is the more popular act.

Which is why I took realistic estimations for the missing shows.

Irrelevant because they are all club shows or shows opening for KISS, Judas Priest and ZZ Top.

They were not just support act. And it doesn t matter anyway.There were shows, and people saw it.
I think it is just simple possible that they played at least to 30 mil...
I'm going to correct that.

Where do you have these numbers from? There's no way in hell the Crush tour grossed 100 million or the One Wild Night Tour grossed 150 million. That would mean an average gross of over 2 million per show. But we know from official individual boxscore numbers that they grossed about $650,000 each night in North America. My guess for these three tours combined is $370 million at most. Lost Highway grossed $209 million. The Circle Tour will gross $300 million. So in total that would be $879 million.

Ok i would say 350 mil for first 3 shows, but you forgot a Have a nice day tour which was around 200 mil. Lost highway was 230 mil. And the circle is right now around 160 mil and they have 12 more shows, so it will be around 190 mil. and next year there will be 60 shows (Europe stadiums+ some arena shows in USA). So around 350 mil to 400 mil.
Ok in the end 1.100 billion.

So far Bon Jovi has made from the circle tour $146,507,388 to 1.591 million fans in their first 69 concerts. U2's 360 tour has made $311,637,730 to 3.071 million fans from their first 44 concerts. The Circle tour will have 135 shows and is Bon Jovi's longest tour since the syndicate tour. Once both tours are over and boxscores have been released then we can do an analysis of both tours and we will come to a conclusion of who is the more popular act.

And again also boxscore for 5 shows in South America is missing on Wiki or Billboard so there is around 160 mil. But dont forget that Jovi played most part arena shows in Usa. In the end of theyear will be 190 mil.
But yes we can t analysis.
U2 last tour was in 2006 while Jovi had in 2008 (100 shows).
I agree that there were to much of touring by Jovi in the last decade
Many people are sick of Jovi and thay rather see U2.

And finally Wiki was wrong. The Circle is the longest tour since Keep The Faith which had 170 shows, while These days had 130 show. The circle is the longest in last decade!
And i told you before, dont look just last tour, check whole lifetime of the band!!!!! Remember 35. mil ;)

Ok off the top of my head here is how many people U2 has played to for these tours.

Joshua Tree tour 3.4 million
Zoo t.v tour 5.4 million
Popmart tour 4 million
elevation tour 2.6 million
vertigo tour 4.6 million
360 tour 8 million by the time its done

Total- 28 million

of course we are missing 857 other shows between these
lovetown tour
conspiracy of hope tour
unforgetable fire tour
war tour
october tour
boy tour
early days
various dates

if Bon Jovi's 35 million is correct once you add up u2's 857 other shows, u2 has probably played to 35 million as well..lol

oh yeah lets not forget Live 8 in front of 250,000 in hyde park and the few other festivals they have played in the 80's which are not being counted...haha CASE CLOSED.

Ok i would say 350 mil for first 3 shows, but you forgot a Have a nice day tour which was around 200 mil. Lost highway was 230 mil. And the circle is right now around 160 mil and they have 12 more shows, so it will be around 190 mil. and next year there will be 60 shows (Europe stadiums+ some arena shows in USA). So around 350 mil to 400 mil.
Ok in the end 1.100 billion.

Ok I just went over it again:

Crush
Attendance: 1,000,000
Gross: $45,000,000

One Wild Night
Attendance: 1,400,000
Gross: $60,000,000

Bounce
Attendance: 1,900,000
Gross: $116,000,000

Have A Nice Day
Attendance: 2,000,000
Gross: $140,000,000

Lost Highway
Attendance: 2,100,000
Gross: $210,000,000

The Circle Tour
Attendance: 3,100,000
Gross: $300,000,000

The numbers of the first three tours consist of estimations based on the few boxscores that are available. HAND and LH are based almost 100% on individual boxscores, because all of them have been reported.

Ok off the top of my head here is how many people U2 has played to for these tours.

Joshua Tree tour 3.4 million
Zoo t.v tour 5.4 million
Popmart tour 4 million
elevation tour 2.6 million
vertigo tour 4.6 million
360 tour 8 million by the time its done

Total- 28 million

of course we are missing 857 other shows between these
lovetown tour
conspiracy of hope tour
unforgetable fire tour
war tour
october tour
boy tour
early days
various dates

if Bon Jovi's 35 million is correct once you add up u2's 857 other shows, u2 has probably played to 35 million as well..lol

oh yeah lets not forget Live 8 in front of 250,000 in hyde park and the few other festivals they have played in the 80's which are not being counted...haha CASE CLOSED.

The Unforgettable Fire
Gross: ???

The Joshua Tree
Attendance: 3,176,952
Gross: $54,000,895

Lovetown
Attendance: 706,000
Gross: ???

Zoo TV
Attendance: 5,350,554
Gross: $151,447,281

Popmart
Attendance: 3,870,803
Gross: $166,877,613

Elevation
Attendance: 2,162,282
Gross: $142,844,463

Vertigo
Attendance: 4,615,035
Gross: $389,060,537

360°
Attendance: 8,000,000
Gross: $800,000,000

Vertigo, Elevation and Popmart are based on individual boxscores 100%. Joshua Tree and ZooTV are based on boxscores only in North America, for Europe there are Pimm's numbers from the book U2live. The European (and for ZooTV Australian) grosses have been calculated with the average North American ticket price. Unforgettable Fire and Lovetown are 100% based on Pimm's numbers.

Ok I just went over it again:

Crush

One Wild Night

They played to over 1.9 million fans in 54 arena's and stadiums
So.....

Bounce

Have A Nice Day

According to boxscore from billboard a total gross was 191 mil. and it was third of the year.

Lost Highway

The Circle Tour

A the Circle will be more than 300 mil. And dont know where did you get attendance 3 mil ? They havent played yet....

The numbers of the first three tours consist of estimations based on the few boxscores that are available. HAND and LH are based almost 100% on individual boxscores, because all of them have been reported.

So lets face it, they played to 35 mil. in 50 countries in 2500 concerts and that was published in 2006 so the number is even bigger now :).
Both of them are just f***ing great!
A would say that they are biggest rock bands in last decade.

Just one more think about popular or should i say silly thing.
Which group does more fans on Facebook ?
OR which group sold more records in last decade?
bon Jovi hold a record in album charts. They had a 5 hard rock songs in a top ten charts in year 1989! :lol:

So lets face it, they played to 35 mil. in 50 countries in 2500 concerts and that was published in 2006 so the number is even bigger now :).
[/B]

I didn't know the number was from before the Lost Highway Tour. That makes it just even more ridiculous. Assuming the number was correct, it should be by 40 million by the end of The Circle Tour.

Slippery When Wet
149 arena shows
average attendance 15,000
total attendance: 2,200,000 million

NJ Tour
222 arena shows
~10 stadium shows
average attendance 50,000
total attendance: 3,800,000 million

Keep The Faith
148 arena shows
~25 stadium shows
total attendance: 3,400,000 million

These Days
58 arena shows
68 stadium shows
2 festival shows
2 shows as opening act
total attendance: 3,500,000 million

Crush

One Wild Night

Bounce

Have A Nice Day

Lost Highway

The Circle Tour

Total attendance: ~24,400,000

Where do the other 15,600,000 come from? From nowhere? That's ZooTV x3!
I don't get how anyone here can STILL believe that this 40 million fantasy number is correct. :doh:

From my Jovi friend from Bon Jovi Forum:

" You are fighting a losing battle here
icon_smile.gif
Even if you provide credible references for your claims, don't expect most of those hard core fans to believe them. Anyway for Billboard figures, go to Google books. Almost all the previous edtions of Billboard magazine dating back to many, many years are available there. So if you are willing to spend a lot of time on there, good luck.

For concert / attendance figures, I remember Billboard had done a couple of cover stories on Bon Jovi in 2004 upon selling a 100 Million albums, and also during the HAND era, describing how BJ were the centre of a huge bidding war between AEG and Live Nation for getting them onboard. It had also surprised quite a few people how big a touring juggernaut Bon Jovi have been, and continue to get bigger every tour.

When comparing with U2, keep in mind that prior to HAND tour, Bon Jovi never reported the entire tour grosses to Billboard. Back then, they used to work with many independent promoters. Hence the reason that despite doing HUGE tours from 1986 onwards, they are not listed in any of the top grossing tour stats until the HAND tour.

While we are at it, try telling those U2 fans that the trend of a show being reported as "sold out" despite not being full was started by U2 management. During the Popmart tour, they largely played to half empty stadiums in the U.S. This was reported negatively in the media at that time. So from then onwards, U2 made sure that every show they played was reported as "sold out". Now this has become the industry norm. To add to it, during the 360 tour, many shows were played in front of half empty, or half full, stadiums, but still reported as sold out (mostly in the U.S.) "

Case closed! We all know thats posssible that they played to that many peoples!
Have a nice day ;)

i take it this was from the bon jovi version of everything you know is wrong?

To add to it, during the 360 tour, many shows were played in front of half empty, or half full, stadiums, but still reported as sold out (mostly in the U.S.)

where were these locations? have you got any proof of this? will it be a realistic as your bon jovi is the biggest band ever stats?

Even if you provide credible references

I haven't seen any.

Anyway for Billboard figures, go to Google books. Almost all the previous edtions of Billboard magazine dating back to many, many years are available there. So if you are willing to spend a lot of time on there, good luck.

I have all Bon Jovi Boxscores reported since 2000 which totally back up everything I mentioned about the tours after 2000 in this thread. For the other tours, come up with your own estimations to disprove mine. I even took an average attendance of 15,000 for arena shows, which might be too high.

To add to it, during the 360 tour, many shows were played in front of half empty, or half full, stadiums

Many? Norman, Moscow, Istanbul, that's it.

We all know thats posssible that they played to that many peoples!

It is not. It seems to me that your only argument in this discussion is "We all know thats possible..." instead of disproving my last post which you seem to ignore.

You guys know that billboard dont get all the informations about the tours, you also sad it, soooo....
My friend from Jovi forum sad it nice why they dont get it!
That wasn t my idea that they played for so many peoples.
Ask other sources like, Mtv, Wh1, Wiki, Live Nation, Jovi Management......
I just say it is possible and that everybody are saying that!
Nobody reply on my question about album sales and silly facebook about popularity.
And by the way i never sad that U2 are bigger than the Jovi. I just sad that they are in the same class.
Its the same if you ask somebody who is better Stones or Beatles, its hard, different music style......
I still think that best rock band in history are Stones, Zeppelin, Beatles....
But in the new age there are Jovi and U2. :lol:

You guys know that billboard dont get all the informations about the tours, you also sad it, soooo....
My friend from Jovi forum sad it nice why they dont get it!
That wasn t my idea that they played for so many peoples.
Ask other sources like, Mtv, Wh1, Wiki, Live Nation, Jovi Management......
I just say it is possible and that everybody are saying that!
Nobody reply on my question about album sales and silly facebook about popularity.
And by the way i never sad that U2 are bigger than the Jovi. I just sad that they are in the same class.
Its the same if you ask somebody who is better Stones or Beatles, its hard, different music style......
I still think that best rock band in history are Stones, Zeppelin, Beatles....
But in the new age there are Jovi and U2. :lol:

You just don't get it. The above numbers are a combination of official billboard numbers and estimations based on these numbers for the missing shows. Not a single concert is left out in my post.

By the way, I just found some random Bon Jovi boxscores from 1993.

1993-02-24, Montreal, Forum
$268,568

1993-02-26, Pittsburgh, Civic Arena
$194,584

1993-02-20, East Rutherford, Meadowlands Arena
$442,310

1993-02-19, Worcester, Centrum
$192,033

1993-02-18, Hartford, Civic Center
$174,248

Those numbers prove that even my estimations (average attendance for arenas 15,000) were way too high! lol

You just don't get it. The above numbers are a combination of official billboard numbers and estimations based on these numbers for the missing shows. Not a single concert is left out in my post.

By the way, I just found some random Bon Jovi boxscores from 1993.

1993-02-24, Montreal, Forum
$268,568

1993-02-26, Pittsburgh, Civic Arena
$194,584

1993-02-20, East Rutherford, Meadowlands Arena
$442,310

1993-02-19, Worcester, Centrum
$192,033

1993-02-18, Hartford, Civic Center
$174,248

Those numbers prove that even my estimations (average attendance for arenas 15,000) were way too high! lol

Yeah you are a real doctor of science,lol
So call Vh1 and Mtv and Wiki and Live Nation and tell them that they have wrong!lol
Or better, call Jovi management!
Battle is lost, you guys wont admin that some band are big just like your U2. Typical for U2 hard core fans!

LOL

From my Jovi friend from Bon Jovi Forum:

" You are fighting a losing battle here
icon_smile.gif
Even if you provide credible references for your claims, don't expect most of those hard core fans to believe them. Anyway for Billboard figures, go to Google books. Almost all the previous edtions of Billboard magazine dating back to many, many years are available there. So if you are willing to spend a lot of time on there, good luck.

For concert / attendance figures, I remember Billboard had done a couple of cover stories on Bon Jovi in 2004 upon selling a 100 Million albums, and also during the HAND era, describing how BJ were the centre of a huge bidding war between AEG and Live Nation for getting them onboard. It had also surprised quite a few people how big a touring juggernaut Bon Jovi have been, and continue to get bigger every tour.

When comparing with U2, keep in mind that prior to HAND tour, Bon Jovi never reported the entire tour grosses to Billboard. Back then, they used to work with many independent promoters. Hence the reason that despite doing HUGE tours from 1986 onwards, they are not listed in any of the top grossing tour stats until the HAND tour.

While we are at it, try telling those U2 fans that the trend of a show being reported as "sold out" despite not being full was started by U2 management. During the Popmart tour, they largely played to half empty stadiums in the U.S. This was reported negatively in the media at that time. So from then onwards, U2 made sure that every show they played was reported as "sold out". Now this has become the industry norm. To add to it, during the 360 tour, many shows were played in front of half empty, or half full, stadiums, but still reported as sold out (mostly in the U.S.) "

Case closed! We all know thats posssible that they played to that many peoples!
Have a nice day ;)

I would like you to find one show U2 played in the U.S. in 2009 that was in front of a half-empty stadium. You won't because there wasnt any. Your friend is full of crap. Sorry to say. GO ahead look at every video on youtube of all their shows but I'm telling you wont find any. Besides how can they when the average attendance for the U.S. leg in 09 was 65,000 per show. Again your BJ fans are full of false hope just like their 35 million tickets fantasy.

Here is a fact not Bon Jovi numbers
u2 360 tour USA 2009
20 concerts
1,312,068 tickets sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom