The What In The Fuck Did They Do To Crazy Tonight thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I first heard about the remix version i was really horrified. But after I watched night 2 I totally loved it. I cannot wait to hear it. I hope it stays in until September!

is there an audio file of the remix? not live, of course

BTW, this blows out of the water both the normal version and the EBTTRT Perfecto Mix :love:

There is the version that was recorded from the radio I think. I will send it to you, but we get the actual thing on the single cd when it's released, can't remember when that is tho. Edit: Aug. 17th.
And I can't find anymore where we saw that this was going to be included on the single release. But I remember seeing it somewhere!

I listened to it a lot, but I can't get myself to like that remix. When I heard the original version they played in Barca 2 I was really sad they didn't go with that one. There are some things about the remix I like, but overall it's just ridiculous. It's too fast, I don't like the disco feel, Edge's playful guitar solo isn't there and Bono, while sounding quite enthusiastic, cannot do much with his voice. I want the original version back, I liked the one they performed on 2July. Is it true that it was for a videoshoot?

I think alot of people are feeding off of the energy of the crowd in the remix video, and for good reason, it's moving the people better than the LP version. This screams to me that playing other songs SUCH AS MAGNFICENT in a dancier format would be pure win for U2. Assuming people have actually heard that song in clubs/dance charts as well, there would be an even greater recognition factor.

So they took the catchiest song on the album and turned it into an unlistenable dance track... live? Really?

Can I get a what the fuck?

Yeah, WTF with your comment. :p
For me it was the highlight of the show (or certainly one of them). That remix is excellent, it got the whole crowd dancing, etc. It took me a bit before I recognised the song (as I hadn't heard the remix before), but when I did I just went mental. And so did many others.

On the second night they also played the 'Classic Coke' version (in Bono's words) of the song and that one doesn't even come close to the remix. Now, a 2 hour concert with just that song! :drool:

Kill the Crazy Remix and swap in the revised Discotheque they did in Chicago, 2005.

Discotheque has nothing on this performance of Crazy. It was a highlight of the both shows. You all should hope they don't drop it so you can experience the magic.

As far as it goes, I'm cool with they playing both versions. Pleases everyone and and in my case, pleases me twice. :wink:

Discotheque has nothing on this performance of Crazy. It was a highlight of the both shows. You all should hope they don't drop it so you can experience the magic.

I agree. Everyone around me went absolutely mental when they played the remix version. Plus, the Classic Coke version would not have the bopping heads as a visual, which was also great.

They should defenitly keep the remix version just pure energy!

But as said before this stage is made for POP Muzik. Discotheque, Mofo, Gone, LNOE etc etc etc.

Love it.

Just a guess, but are the people who don’t like this also the ones who whine about anything U2 and ‘dance’ or ‘electronic’, or the same people who used to think having a hip-hop act as an opener was some kind of blasphemy?

Forget how rubbish this will sound on your audio bootlegs (and it will) and take a look at the video again. I bet each and every one of you down in GA for this will have an awesome time, and everyone in the stands – I think this song has the best ‘Claw Show’ I’ve seen yet?

oh give me a break. i'd have loved to see kanye open for u2 but we got keane instead. i love pop, think popmart is their best tour...

are the visuals cool? sure. but they could have picked any number of songs to put those visuals with that would have fit... even better than the real thing, mofo, discotheque, etc. etc.

i for one just don't see the point of taking the catchiest song on the album and their best shot at having a hit song and turning it into this.. mess... just for the sake of visuals.

i love when u2 goes all multimedia clusterfuck on us... but the point is to add to the songs, not take the place of the songs.

Maybe they could swap the Crazy remix for a Magnificent remix for you americans.. will that shut you up?

What makes you think us Americans want any remixes at all? If anything, they should remix the old songs like SBS or BD, leave the new songs alone for awhile.

By the time U2 make it down to australia, they will have probably dropped the Crazy remix, if not skipped your country altogether, so i can understand your frustration and annoyance

I still think that the idea of the song (this is like a all new song) is good but... CT is CT. They should've take this remix and build a new song within (and maybe present it live before releasing it... something unique).

I guess if you hate it so much you could just go get a beer or something? More room for me to dance and enjoy it then

Maybe this has been said, I didn't read the whole thread.

The only issue I see is that they played both versions on the 2nd night (if I'm not mistaken). Pick one or the other. They are only going to play so many songs, might as well not repeat themselves.

Know what I mean? I don't care which version I hear several months from now. The dance mix sounds cool but they could do that with EBTTRT and play the album version of Crazy.

I just don't want to hear that song twice. Kind of silly. U2 has this incredible backlog of songs to choose from, pick a different song, that's all. Vertigo X2 was just as silly, although you could argue, at least it's pretty killer live and it was the big lead single at the time.

Maybe this has been said, I didn't read the whole thread.

The only issue I see is that they played both versions on the 2nd night (if I'm not mistaken). Pick one or the other. They are only going to play so many songs, might as well not repeat themselves.

I think that was a once only occurrence (the song being played twice). They played the 'Classic Coke version' specifically for recording it on video. I'm pretty sure they'll keep the crowd-going-mental version for the other shows.

Back
Top Bottom