The What In The Fuck Did They Do To Crazy Tonight thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having just watched the Barcelona II performances of both the remix and the normal version, I know which one I'd prefer to hear in concert, and it's not the normal version.

I'm leaning that way...it certainly seems they are figuring out the remix..I think they need a chord change in the verses and in the chorus though...just feels like the lyrics/vocal melody is a bit forced upon that chord progression they have going on..maybe it's just me.

Were they filming both the remix and the album version? I watched U2006's video earlier and at the beginning of the Remix, Bono said the crowd would be recorded. Maybe they will release the remix as a singe? :hmm:

The first time, I whole-heartedly agreed with the title of this thread, the second time around it sounded damn cool (Bono sang a lot better this time), the video I saw this time was a lot better, and it was great to see Larry having some fun, a lot of fun it seemed.

That said, I like this album version and think the promo performances of it were great, but we don't need both on a given night.

As much as I love the remix, I must say what my real wish is:

I wish they took that bad-ass base riff and used it to make a flat out crazy rocker. What an amazing riff that could create a song totally different from Crazy. Can you imagine the amazing song that could come out of that riff (like Discotheque or mofo part II) :drool::drool:

I didn't hate it the 2nd time around -- but my god -- i love the normal version.... it's awesome and deserves to be done properly.

BY THE WAY -- how is the sound/video so great from this guy? Does he have a FLIP video with him? It's amazing. I want whatever it is.

I can't get over the remix, I keep on watching it on YouTube.
I think my unborn child is in for a bumpy ride on Tuesday!!! :hyper:

Having just watched the Barcelona II performances of both the remix and the normal version, I know which one I'd prefer to hear in concert, and it's not the normal version.

:up:

i really can't believe people would prefer to see the album version over the remix version. imo, it's the equivalent of saying you'd rather sit down the entire concert.

I reckon when Larry kicks in with the main drums afterr 5mins it could potentially be one of the best moments of the whole concert.

i really can't believe people would prefer to see the album version over the remix version. imo, it's the equivalent of saying you'd rather sit down the entire concert.

I guess some people would prefer remixes of other song as well (Magnificent, etc) :shrug:. It's personal preference.

I guess some people would prefer remixes of other song as well (Magnificent, etc) :shrug:. It's personal preference.

yeah, but U2 just made a bland, boring song into an incredible live experience. it's not really about preference, it's just reality.

Im sorry but the remix version is almost 1000x the better live song. Im sure the prawn sandwich brigade will be up in arms over the remix.

yeah, but U2 just made a bland, boring song into an incredible live experience. it's not really about preference, it's just reality.

The entire board is opinion (except for news items). I guess I'm more of a lyrics person - it still has the same lyrics.

is there an audio file of the remix? not live, of course

BTW, this blows out of the water both the normal version and the EBTTRT Perfecto Mix :love:

Think about it this way: If you were not a huge U2 fan and have like 1 or 2 albums and went to the show,
this song would be one of the highlights.

i get chills when the song explodes and everyone goes crazy at around 5:30! holy crap,
how cool is this remix with the bongos and partying!! How can anyone not appreciate how wild this is?

i love the album version its a really good song...but live it doesnt have the umph as the remix does!! plus we all ready have one "baby baby baby...":wink:

If you're gonna entitle a song with the phrase "crazy tonight" and not perform it in a manner live in which the crowd goes crazy, why play it?

Remix kills the original live - but I'm just crazy that way. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom