The TEMPLE BAR: Let's Close this Bitch Down!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:
I remember them. :mad: School loans?

Yes. :mad: They're a bunch of :censored:suckers. You would think they would send me a billing statement in the mail regarding paying my loan. They had said my payment wasn't due until the end of the year. So I check on the site today and I owe close to $900 by May!!! :happy: :rant:

:ohmy:

That sucks, man. Sorry. If I remeber, they were pretty leniant about late fees and stuff. Felt like it took forever to pay those bastards off. Did you go to school in Mass? I almost went to Stonehill, Holy Cross or maybe BC.

UberBeaver said:
:ohmy:

That sucks, man. Sorry. If I remeber, they were pretty leniant about late fees and stuff. Felt like it took forever to pay those bastards off. Did you go to school in Mass? I almost went to Stonehill, Holy Cross or maybe BC.

Yea I went to a 2 yr private college that cost me an arm and a leg. I wish I never went there. And then I was going to school up until I found out I was preggers. I can't do a forbearance on it because I already did it. They are unhelpful pricks.

4-3 Montreal. :mad:

The online commercials are so :cute: I :heart: Canada. I want to go there.

U2Girl1978 said:

Yea I went to a 2 yr private college that cost me an arm and a leg. I wish I never went there. And then I was going to school up until I found out I was preggers. I can't do a forbearance on it because I already did it. They are unhelpful pricks.

I don't know what a forbearance is, but I''m going to assume that it sucks.

You know, I've had this epiphany regarding colleges recently. There's 2 types of colleges: Ivy league and Regular. If you're not going to Harvard or Princeton, no one gives a fuck where your degree is from. My daughter is going to a SUNY.

That's a slight exaggeration, Beav, re: Ivy or not. Stanford or Cal or Northwestern or Duke graduates would beg to differ, and many employers would agree. I get your point, though. Nothing wrong with SUNY Binghamton or Albany.

This game is officially insane. 5-4 Habs now.

UberBeaver said:
4-3 Montreal. :mad:

The online commercials are so :cute: I :heart: Canada. I want to go there.

I don't know what a forbearance is, but I''m going to assume that it sucks.

You know, I've had this epiphany regarding colleges recently. There's 2 types of colleges: Ivy league and Regular. If you're not going to Harvard or Princeton, no one gives a fuck where your degree is from. My daughter is going to a SUNY.

A forbearance is pretty much the worst thing I could have done. It just postpones your payments but it adds up interest.

A great game. I like the NHL a lot, but, it jumps up a notch when the playoffs start....and this, for all intents and purposes, is a playoff game. CBC is interviewing Ryder right now, bastard and his natural hat trick.

CBC analysts are saying that this is a fun game, and a close game, but an ugly game because both teams suck on defense and are horribly unorganized. Said the Sabres are watching and not exactly worried about who they might play. Can't really argue, but, I prefer an ugly shootout to a tehcnically sound 1-0 game. I aint exactly a hockey purist, obviously. :)

U2Girl1978 said:

A forbearance is pretty much the worst thing I could have done. It just postpones your payments but it adds up interest.

When I went back to school I got relief on my payments, interest free til I finished. Do they not do that anymore?

NSW - I'm with you. I like 6-5 better than 1-0. I think that was what the rule changes were trying to accomplish. And I'm sure Buffalo doesn't GAF who they play at this point. They played the Isles last week and they looked like they can score at will.

5-5. Unreal.

And, yeah, the league (and players) had enough of the left wing lock 1-0 clutch and grabfests, hence the changes. Cannot say it has translated to better attendance or ratings, but I find it more watchable the past 2 seasons.

78, sorry about your loan issues. :( It took me almost 8 years to pay mine off. I cannot say that the loan people were assholes, though..they were always pretty cool with me.

Ha.....I was actually thinking it was like a David Lynch movie a few minutes ago, same deal, cos I'm not sure what exactly is happening but I know I'm enjoying it! :)

Oh - I'm 3 eps into The Wire season 3. So far so good. I actually liked Season 2 alot. Not as good as season 1, but still amazing.

Also3 eps into Twin Peaks. Kyle MacLaughlin is awesome in that.

ETA - These announcers are killing me. So friggin into the game.

UberBeaver said:
Oh - I'm 3 eps into The Wire season 3. So far so good. I actually liked Season 2 alot. Not as good as season 1, but still amazing.

Also3 eps into Twin Peaks. Kyle MacLaughlin is awesome in that.

ETA - These announcers are killing me. So friggin into the game.

I agree. Season 1 = A. Season 2 = B+. Season 3 = A. Season 4 = A++++

Agreed again, MacLachlan is fantastic in Twin Peaks.

So last night, I wake up at 2:00ish to feed the baby. I hit play on the DVD player to watch the last few minutes of Twin Peaks, and they weird freaky midget was on, speaking sorta backwards, and dude, for the first time in years, I was seriously freaked out. Like "afraid to go back to sleep freaked out."

HAHA - The announcers just said,

"So...what are your plans for tomorrow?"
"Well, I had planned to watch the Mass, but that's pretty much off the board."

You could never get away with saying that down here. lol.

snowbunny00774 said:

I wish the game would start...I can't do another night out but temptation keeps texting. If the game has started then I won't want to miss it by heading out :lameplantoconvinceselftostayin:

I am going to assume you listened to your heart and went out cause you knew the Leafs would win. :hug: thank you. I owe you a beer - and not a free one.

GO LEAFS GO!

HAHA - The announcer:
GOOD BYE MONTREAL, YOU ARE DONE!

Now then, ahem:

LET'S GO ISLANDERS!

UberBeaver said:

When I went back to school I got relief on my payments, interest free til I finished. Do they not do that anymore?

I dunno...I went back to school. I'm in my first semester back right now, and I don't have to pay student loans or interest until I'm done again too.

Liesje used to get some mail from the student loan peeps that said she owed over $1000 too. But it wasn't really the case. She only had to pay the $150 or so a month...I dunno. maybe?

:drunk: :applaud: :heart: leafs

I went out - I knew they would do better if I showed my support publicly :D

Forgot my jacket and froze on the walk.run/slide home.

GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:setsupprotectivenetting:

Back
Top Bottom