The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whats dad rock?? Thats as stupid as corporate rock. Who makes these terms up?? Im 28,not a dad but love miracle.

Isnt mom rock someone like the osmonds,lots of moms rock out to them ?

Kids rock is 1D considering as they are flavour of the month at the moment.

Bloody dad rock ??

Sounding like trying too hard, but it lacks spontanneous bright idea, therefore it usually ends up sounding like generic classic rock song. Clumsy, forced, made of mediocre power riffs...

Actually I don´t mind Miracle, what made me upset was their choice to make it a single, when there are 10 better songs on the album. What is also annoying when people compare it to obviously better songs like Vertigo/Boots/Elevation :)

Vertigo better? Yes
Elevation better? Yes (not lyrically but it's more fun)

Boots better? BONKERS! The Miracle is lyrically and sonically superior.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Sounding like trying too hard, but it lacks spontanneous bright idea, therefore it usually ends up sounding like generic classic rock song. Clumsy, forced, made of mediocre power riffs...

So basically you're the dad rock of posters?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not for nothing, but the term Dad-Rock has been thrown around here for several years. It's not like thavidesco, with his 427 posts, introduced us to it.

I was just reading that about Tweedy.

Anyway, apparently Dad-Rock, if such a thing exists, is just Zeppelin and Stones and shit like that. Music your daddy blasted while dropping you off at junior high in embarrassing Uncle Buck-like fashion.

So after living with the album for a few weeks (and loving it), I am miffed with the amout of sibilance in The Miracle (both iTunes and CD versions). Oddly enough the song came on the radio (98.7 here in LA) and it sounded better! I could really crank it without it hurting my ears. Anyone else noticing this?

So after living with the album for a few weeks (and loving it), I am miffed with the amout of sibilance in The Miracle (both iTunes and CD versions). Oddly enough the song came on the radio (98.7 here in LA) and it sounded better! I could really crank it without it hurting my ears. Anyone else noticing this?

There is a smaller dynamic range in radio broadcasts, so you are just not hearing the higher frequencies in the original track. Just fiddle with your equalizer to lower the higher frequencies.

Not for nothing, but the term Dad-Rock has been thrown around here for several years. It's not like thavidesco, with his 427 posts, introduced us to it.

Yeap. I remember, about ten years ago, half-Interference complaining about the way U2 sounded in many songs in HTDAAB, using... The "Dad-Rock" term.

Is dad rock better or worse than corporate rock and how does cock rock fit into the equation?

It's a good thing U2 is mostly playing in acoustic settings nowadays.

Less dad rock, more chamber music.
Everybody happy.
As long as Bono can tone down his delivery to a whimper.

Back
Top Bottom