The first official 2012 AFL thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From Facebook:

Richmond FC
‎1/4 time at AAMI and the Tiges go in ahead by 12 points.

3.2.29 to 1.2.8

Scrappy affair in slippery conditions so far. Ivan and Cotch off to a good start

29-8 =/= 12 :doh:

3 goals and 2 behinds =/= 29 points, either. Who's drunk and posting for Richmond on Facebook?

3 goals and 2 behinds =/= 29 points, either. Who's drunk and posting for Richmond on Facebook?

I laughed initially - but it's actually just a simple typo. They meant 20. 9 is right next to 0.

Port looks pretty listless in the second quarter. Richmond's slowly but surely extending their lead, and it could be more too. Had one great shot hit the post, and a couple of tough attempts only missed by a little.

I know, but still. It's sort of funny.

Half a lacklustre Blues game is all the footy excitement I can handle at midnight. My body is requiring me to sleep.

Port are getting torn apart hopelessly this quarter. It's almost depressing seeing them like this at home.

CARN TIGES!

OK, I'm done. Good night.

Quick question: What's a "Waffle" game?

Wow, Port are just pitiful. I mean, I thought Richmond would be the better team, but not by this huge disparity. Feels like Port 2011 has come right back.

Port don't even seem to be trying! And this in the game that was meant to announce their revival as A Thing.

On another note, Riewoldt has been very poor so far. Gave away a 50 for throwing a hissy fit at the umpire. Something's not right with him.

Seems to be the only way Port can get a goal. Their attack is just the most drearily haphazard thing. No wonder they're so far down at the moment! No sense of direction, no vision, nothing.

Oh come ON Richmond, just put them to the sword; stop dithering around.

Another soft goal gifted to Port. Don't agree that Richmond's kick right beforehand wasn't 15. Looked to be just far enough to me.

Now countdown to Bruce's obligatory "the next goal's going to be really crucial in the context of this game" ...

By the way, it's really close at quarter time in the West Coast vs North Melbourne game. If North Melbourne win, not only will no team be undefeated at the end of the round, but Collingwood will STILL be outside the eight.

Waffle - WAFL/Western Australian Football League. Probably the second biggest state league in the nation.

Pretty close game over at Subi, wish I could be watching it.

Richmond wins in a very dour game ... kind of glad it's over really. Port look like they've tossed out a fair few of their recent games while the Tiges were hot and cold.

Looks like inaccuracy is hurting West Coast, while the 'Roos are kicking remarkably straight.

Back
Top Bottom