The lonely annual AFL thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Short lived victory. We're hosting the Saints next Sat night.
I'm going out on my increddibly biased limb and will say we will win, home ground advantage plus they have to falter eventually. If not, I will start rumours that they're cheating or on performance enhancers or something.

We're going to be steamrolled.
:sigh:

3 wins in a row for the pies, is it alright if i mention the big F world?......Finals :)
at this stage we wont make it, unless we play a second half of the year like we did last year....we won every game execpt round 18 or 19 when we we hammed by the lions.....

i hope sydney win today, but i think the saints will be too good....

hey what are the odds of this happening!!

Essendon 24.10.154 Defated
Hawtorn 12.8.80
and
Kangeroos 24.10.154 Defated
Richmond 12.8.80

pretty pointless posting it, but i thought it was interesting

it was gloomy and bleak here in perth where the fremantle / melbourne match was held

the match was far from a spectacle with the rain making the match played on melbourne's terms

and has anyone noticed that the two team's uniforms clash?

where is melbourne's away strip?

i must say, we SHOULD have Won that one.....another last quater fade out...it seems we leave the game at 3 qtr time.

our season, well making the finals is over (although you will hear until the end of the season thats its mathmaticly possible)

is anyone doing fantasy footy on the AFL site?

Angela, good to see both our teams had a win this week

and adeliade!!! geez...i would so hate to be Gary Ayres right now...hes team plays crap underhim and the smahes a side in the top 4 with there new coach Jenny Craig (i just heard someone call him that)

i also think the saints are on the way back to there usrualy spot...:)
i think a simalar thing happened to Richmond in 1995. they won there first 8 games and ended up finishing between 6th & 8th.

Brisbane will win the flag....and for the first time....2 interstate teams in the grand final....IF Port Adeliade have been exorcised of there Finals demons.

Last edited:
Interstate final!
:hyper:
How grand it will be. I completely missed Friday's game, I thought we played yesterday :der:
I love and hate this part of the season.

Shwabby decided to hang up the 'Coaching Board' tonight....i think its sad , cause he loves the club....just hasnt been able to get the winning feeling going (although they did make the Prelim Final in 2001, and only JUST! Lost)

Terry Wallace now has 3 Jobs open for him, Hawks, Tigers and the Crows me thinks he'll end up with Adelaide or Hawthorn...

:ohmy: Adelaide 5. 19. (49) def. Kangaroos 5. 12. (42)

Adeliade didnt score in the first half.....conditions were about perfect, it wast pooring with rain or snowing or anything......
who needs those 2 big posts in the middle hey?

jolly gings..I haven't been folowing the AFL this season. Hub just visited the score web site
:faint:
The Hawks are having a misery fo a year, bottom of the ladder:lmao:
My father-in-law must be almost suicidal:eek: the Hawks were on top in the years I met hub, the good old days of Wratten and Dermie, big Justin. I'm right out of touch with the game now.

i tipped those swannies, great game for the bloods!

pity about the roos :huh:

darn it...
i did my tippiing at the start of the year....

i've got 7 out of 8 the last 2 weeks....
Round 17 - i tipped hawthron to beat the kangeroos
Round 18 - Brisbane to beat sydney.....

i've been robbed of 2 tips :) . my season total is 80 odd.

Kangaroos play St.killda this week....Maggies play essendong, i'm on my way down in about 10 mins to melbourne.

FoxSportsnews website says carlton are after Shane 'Hank' Crawford'......but that will never happen...if Shane wants to win a premiership, he'll have to go to brisbane.

Best and Less are holding a competition to win tickets and airfares etc to the grand final. Or $5000, whichever you prefer.

I couldnt stop in today to read the details but im guessing you would need to buy something in the store, which shouldnt be too difficult as they are cheap. :up:

Freo finished 9th i think...

Carn the Saints, i will barrick for you for the 2nd week of the finals (wanted them to beat lions and now Port)
same for the Cats....bring back the all Victorian Final....and the saints will win it, as much as i'd like to see Geelong win.

bono_man2002 said:
and the saints will win it, as much as i'd like to see Geelong win.

I don't want to see the Saints OR Geelong win. But that being said, I don't want to see Port or Brisbane win either. :wink:

The only team I like out of the four left really is Brisbane, but I don't want them to win again. Urgh. Looks like I'll have to cheer on whichever Vitorian team gets through... and re-evaluate if they both somehow manage to [as unlikely as that is]. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom