The first official 2012 AFL thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Let's keep it clean, at least for a little while guys.

To enter your tips each week, all you have to do is go to tipping.afl.com.au, log in or whatever, click on the tipping tab, and enter your tips.

We can all still write our tips in here though.

Sydney
Richmond
Hawthorn
Melbourne
Adelaide
Geelong
Essendon
Bulldogs
St Kilda

I just noticed ThePadSunk, awesome. Hurry up and join inte

I just noticed ThePadSunk, awesome. Hurry up and join inte

:lol:

And yeah, inte and Vlad need to get their shit together and join! Trashley too.

I really am having trouble tipping Melbourne vs Brissie. I've got Melbourne picked right now but ehhh.

GWS vs Sydney
Richmond vs Carlton (sort of tempted to reverse this one too)
Hawks vs Pies
Melbourne vs Brisbane
Gold Coast vs Adelaide
Freo vs Geelong
North vs Bombers
Bulldogs vs West Coast
Power vs St K

Also, is there ANYBODY out there who thinks Sydney will win by any less than fifty points tonight?

I'm tipping an eighty point trouncing myself.

I told you I don't have a phone so I can't do anything. :lol:

Sydney
Carlton
Hawthorn
Brisbane
Adelaide
Geelong
Essendon
WCE
St Kilda

...but you have the internet, so you can open your email and tipping.afl.com.au?

I've sent emails to you and Trashley, just follow the prompts. Alternatively, go on the site, click "join an existing comp" and enter the code SWV52YUH4U.

It asks for my mobile phone number. I don't have a mobile phone? Or is it optional?

Make up one.

0400 256 851 - I think that's the old number I had ten years ago, or however long ago it was that OneTel still existed. You could use that.

I'm not the only one without one! I have a friend in the same position. I've been awesome enough to manage without one for a while and even if I had one I'd get annoyed at people calling me. :lol:

It seems more than a little archaic for somebody to not have a mobile in year 12 when I see kids who can't be any older than year 4 on the tram with iPads and shit.

Trust me Vlad, when you get to uni, you'll get left out of everything everybody's doing if they can't text you. Know a couple of people who ended up so out of the loop just because they didn't have a mobile.

I'm in.

It seems more than a little archaic for somebody to not have a mobile in year 12 when I see kids who can't be any older than year 4 on the tram with iPads and shit.

Trust me Vlad, when you get to uni, you'll get left out of everything everybody's doing if they can't text you. Know a couple of people who ended up so out of the loop just because they didn't have a mobile.

I'll do my best to get one soon. As even I do think it's becoming increasingly necessary.

Sweet.

And honestly, the reason I like my mobile the most is because I like to be punctual, and if I'm late and can't send somebody a text to let them know, I feel really bad. :lol:

Anyway, even though I tipped a thrashing, I'm very excited for the game tonight.

I reckon every band room in Melbourne should have a TV behind the stage so that we can watch the band AND the footy simultaneously.

ERROR

PLEASE ENTER A VALUE THAT DOES NOT CONTAIN FOUL LANGUAGE

Well shit, that limits my comments a bit.

At one point, I'd picked none! I figured there was no chance all the away teams would win, so I made a couple of changes.

Don't feel bad Vlad, I didn't have a mobile till halfway through year 12. Although that was normal in 2005 ;)

Can't remember my tips, but I've done 'em. Sydney by 63 tonight, hopefully a bit of rain might save GWS.

Able to watch a few minutes of the game before going out - was hoping Sydney would score five goals in the first two minutes to make the result thunderously clear before we left. GWS look vaguely reasonable so far but I imagine they'll fade badly like Gold Coast did basically every game last year.

Oops, forgot to post my tips. I put them on the tipping site earlier in the week, but all I can remember about them is I picked the obvious winner, mostly based on what all the other tips said. :reject:

GWS not disgrased, Izzy had a good play at the end, otherwise...not much a difference to the real season opener. Instead this time somebody else besides Richmond got mauled by 63 points.

My shirt came in the mail today. Hopefully someday I'll lose the weight necessary to actually be able to wear it. I have it on now and it's....snug. Perhaps I'll share a photo with my closest friends and neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom