The first official 2012 AFL thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would wear Carlton gear regularly if I owned any. The color scheme is among my favorites to wear anyway, and the logo is so innocuous that it probably wouldn't even provoke someone to ask what it is.

My tips:

Sydney
Richmond
Hamilton
Melbourne
Adelaide
Geelong
Essendon
West Coast
Port Adelaide

Might as well post my tips, since there was only one game on the weekend...

(Sydney)
Carlton
Hawthorn
Melbourne
Adelaide
Geelong
Essendon
Weagles
St. Kilda

So, according to that Tip-o-meter thing on the site, the closest match is going to be Hawks/Pies, followed by Roos/Bombers... Or does that just reflect how many fans of either team is tipping them blindly? :wink:

My experience with such things in rugby tipping competitions is fans blindly picking their own team!

In Super Rugby tipping contests, the tip-o-meter would be far more reliable for games not involving Kiwi teams (since I was in a Kiwi-based tournament).

Are we back in 2008/2009 again?

Funny, today I saw a rather good painting of Cousins in a YR12 art exhibition.

Also Don Scott has prostate cancer.

Gonna be a big Footy Show tonight.

You know the one thing that sucks about The Footy Show? They have the two most insufferable sports journalists in the business. I literally cannot fucking stand either of them.

Spud should have knocked Purple out when he had the chance.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

536137_263675860386090_258629594224050_573372_1680878693_n.jpg

Woewodin indeed.

For those following football then, was he actually any good back then? Because I remember him being fairly meh for Collingwood.

... here's where I admit I've got no idea what's going on.

Woewodin was a super player back in 2000. Single handedly lead what was otherwise an average Demon midfield to be the second best team in the comp behind one of the most dominant sides in history. Never did that much else though and was never really as good as he was that season.

I can't really remember 2000. All I can recall is Essendon vs Port Rd1 at Docklands, Essendon, Essendon, Bulldogs, Essendon.

I know Carlton were the second best team that year though, and would have made the granny if they didn't lose to Melbourne in the qualis.

Melbourne's form going into those finals made it very likely that they were gonna beat Carlton and they did!

The real stuff starts tonight, none of this Israel Foolau celebrity-watch trash.

Got some seats on the outer wing in a decent position. This could finally be the Carlton-Richmond match worthy of a season opener (even though it actually isn't!)

Also managed to snare tickets to Hawthorn vs Collingwood tomorrow night as well. That too will be super.

I hope Evarn's still got that mullet going strong. He's the only one that makes it look good.

CARN THE TIGES!

Realistic chance of getting a win too, even though I tipped Carlton.

In reality, our defense is completely fucked by injuries, and my hopes aren't all that high.

Regardless, Carlton's won the last 7 over Richmond. We're in their heads.

I can't find it on ESPN3, so that's doubtful (I found one very sketchy link). Probably radio broadcast for me.

Good suggestion, I've got a window open for that too. :up:

Hopefully AFL streams aren't hunted and subsequently removed as quickly as NFL streams.

When I've been streaming AFL, I've generally had stable streams that have lasted the whole game.

Back
Top Bottom