The first official 2012 AFL thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has GWS given up and Carlton are just not even trying anymore? this feels like a very half-assed game right now.

yeah, that looked painful.

So, like, if someone gets a free kick and it doesn't even come close to the posts, it's free game to knock it down and steal?

Awful game this Carlton vs Wests. Carlton can't challenge for a premiership if they're gonna play like they are against a truckload of rookies and has beens.

West Coast have to be far and away premiership favourites now, and why not.

Betts is fucking magic. Shame he touched the footy about five times in the first three quarters.

I see that the Blues finally figured out how to open up a vaguely decent margin in my absence.

Time for Tiges vs Port!

Now the Giants are having injury issues too.

Speaking of injuries, poor Gold Coast! They're just starting to look competitive and they've lost a bunch of good players.

If I remember correctly, it's GWS vs Gold Coast next round. Could be interesting to see which of the new teams can snare the win.

Streaming the Blues game now. The Aussie commercials are almost more of a treat than the game.

I hope you haven't yet copped an awful Jamiee Rogers live betting odds ad. Though on a related note, Sportsbet's ads are so bad they're actually good.

It's a stream direct from Foxtel. getting Macca's and car commercials.

West Coast have to be far and away premiership favourites now, and why not.

Let's hold back a bit, we're good but so far the Eagles have mainly beaten pretty average sides, not to mention both GWS and Melbourne. Not saying I'm not happy with where the team is at the moment, far from it, but there will be bigger tests. I think this is an outstandingly even comp this season, and the game is all the better for it. I honestly have no idea who the top 4 could be.

Kudos to Adelaide for beating the Swans away, looked like a great game. Once/if they win in Melbourne we should have a better idea of where the team's at, but they're looking impressive.

Great to see GC competitive, and GWS for at least most of this game. Hopefully next week's a cracker.

Oh sweet jesus, one of those awful Macca's poem ads? I've luckily only seen them a handful of times ... had an aneurysm EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Oh sweet jesus, one of those awful Macca's poem ads? I've luckily only seen them a handful of times ... had an aneurysm EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

The ones in america are about "reclaiming your lunch break".

GWS has scored practically nothing since half-time. Now, sure, Gold Coast struggled to play more than a half of footy in their first season too, but this is bad even by those standards.

And yeah, what Bonnie said. Every week we've got a new favourite for the flag; every week we're writing off the old favourite. I think let's just be honest right now and say NOBODY is a favourite by any stretch of the imagination.

Axver said:
I hope you haven't yet copped an awful Jamiee Rogers live betting odds ad. Though on a related note, Sportsbet's ads are so bad they're actually good.

She has copped it every time I've had the boys round to watch the footy. Terrible ads.

The Sad Punk said:
I think this is an outstandingly even comp this season, and the game is all the better for it. I honestly have no idea who the top 4 could be.

:up: Absolutely loving it. The first five rounds have been better than the entire summer of cricket.

well, hot damn, Blues. Scored 67 to GWS's 10. And did it while playing with your heads half up your asses. I can only imagine how hard you could have trounced them if you had tried.

"It's heaven versus hell today with the Saints taking on the Demons!" I nearly threw the telly out the window.

:lmao:

I remember the one in the lead up to the Showdown. Those cliches. I can't.

Back
Top Bottom