The first official 2012 AFL thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And I thought Carlton's percentage was ridiculous!

I guess there has to be a few whippings to make up for all of those great matches last round.

I'm thinking of purchasing VIP tickets for the Gold Coast @ GWS extravaganza. Then again, with air fare and everything, maybe it would be cheaper to just buy both clubs?

Afl.com.au comments are just the best:

Why is it so hard for a team to man up when they are getting so badly beaten. When I coached if the other team got a run on we closed them down by manning up for a period of time, it worked quite sucessfully, it may sound a bit basic but gee whiz melbourne are bloody horrible..

Every time I start losing, I stop losing and start being awesome.

There we go, lead of over 100 has been notched up.

I'm thinking of purchasing VIP tickets for the Gold Coast @ GWS extravaganza. Then again, with air fare and everything, maybe it would be cheaper to just buy both clubs?

Please buy both clubs and relocate them to somewhere more people might care, i.e. Tassie, the Territory, or to be honest, the Trashley residence.

Please buy both clubs and relocate them to somewhere more people might care, i.e. Tassie, the Territory, or to be honest, the Trashley residence.

It would go very much like this:

comic.php

"Hey! HEY! Stop trying to kick goals! You're embarrassing me!"

"Oy um wer sry m8 I'm personly just tryina keep in shape for my missus yea"

:lol:

And god, West Coast end up with a winning margin of 108. Can Melbourne turn their shit around or will they just keep sinking lower?

I believe that, by the end of the season, GWS will have surpassed Melbourne. They have a great deal of young talent that will benefit from in-game experience, and who knows how low the Dees' spirits will be by then...

Wow, if we want to talk about inaccurate kicking, this Collingwood vs Richmond game has got it in spades. 2.8 to 1.6 at quarter time!

Fight at the start of half time > rest of the game so far.

Good god at this inaccuracy. Disgraceful from both teams; Collingwood could have the game won already, or Richmond could be in the lead. Tigers in particular need to remember that you can't win a game with behinds alone!

I want to believe that Carlton can and should beat Collingwood next round. This is not a particularly impressive team they've assembled. In contrast, we're gaining confidence, strengthening our back line (which was previously decimated by injuries), and it really feels as if the experience this roster has had together is beginning to pay off in chemistry and swagger.

At the very least, it should go down to the wire.

Even I'll be hoping you're right, since Carlton vs Collingwood is the one time I choke back the bile and support Carlton.

Quick start to the third by the Pies, damnit.

You can't waste 10 opportunities on goal out of 12 against the Pies and expect to come out on top.

It's the one major area I'm worried about re: Carlton; we've gone on some crippling streaks of inaccuracy that will crush us against top 4 sides. I have no doubt that our midfield can match and even surpass Collingwood's, but those forwards need to settle down when lining up, particularly Betts and Robinson.

I wouldn't worry too much against Collingwood, since they seem to be even more inaccurate than Carlton!

In fact, I think my biggest quibble with teams so far this year is that there has been a lot of inaccuracy. These high-scoring games could've been even higher if only easy attempts had been capitalised on.

Richmond's being blown out of the water here. As for the other game, I see Vladelaide had a strong lead but now the Dogs are back to within two points.

I maintain that losing to the Doggies was the low point of the 2011 season by wide margin. That was a grey morning at the Trashley residence.

You know, if you subtract the burst of Pies goals early in the third, Richmond actually won the game. :lol:

Danny, if you thought Bombers vs Port wasn't a terribly good game, what about that pig's breakfast! Dire football, atrocious kicking, and too much of the game seemed to be played with too little spirit. Crowd was fucking dead for most of it; some of the commentary team's efforts to spark excitement were hilarious. No doubt I'll be tipping Carlton over Collingwood next week. At least Richmond should restore a good degree of pride next week - they've got Melbourne!

Looks like Vladelaide has survived the Dogs too ...

That was ugly, but we did it. We were hungry enough to avoid the recurring Neil Craig lead-then-drop nightmares of yesteryear. And we really should have sauced that match up by 1/2 time. Walker plays a hilarious game yet still manages to save the day with 3 goals. :lol:

"The standard of Collingwood's play was in stark contrast to both team's first half. During that period there were more missed opportunities than chocolate eggs at an Easter egg hunt."

How very topical, afl.com!

Last nights game was horrible from a TV point of view. I usually found games much more entertaining being there. Collingwood still don't look themselevs and are getting used to playing to the new gameplan. Still, the forward line looks rusty and Chris Dawes would do well not to be dropped next week.

Blues have every right to be favourite next week, because the Pies haven't looked at all the team of the last two seasons, yet.

I was just about to post "you people see what the 'Roos are doing to GWS?!" Aaaahahaha, fuckin' wow.

I'm watching it on a livestream. Just about every time GWS get a chance to kick it into their F50 (pretty rare) it goes straight to a North player on his own.

I can't wait when GWS come to AAMI. :wink:

Oh I see North has finally returned from the half time break. Honestly, they probably could've spent a few more minutes on Facebook and still be miles in front.

Back
Top Bottom