The first official 2012 AFL thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Theoretically, we should all get 9s this week. Carlton, Essendon, Sydney, West Coast, Collingwood, Adelaide, North, St K, Hawthorn.

The only one of those I'm not sure about is Geelong/Hawthorn.

I'd say Hawthorn easily on paper. Fremantle vs Sydney is the impossibility. You've got the emerging powerhouse away to the most unpredictable team in the competition.

No way Freo wins in Sydney. No way.

This Polis guy is absolute fucking moron. How the fuck has he built a multi-million dollar company? I don't think I've been this disgusted in a long time.

"jokes to my mates on facebook" I hope this asshole loses every fucking cent he has. Cunt.

I went with Geelong and Hawthorn. Geelong is a stronger side than Collingwood and the Pies took Hawthorn to the brink. With homefield advantage, yeah, I'll take Geelong.

Freo over Sydney, because the Swans annoy me.

LemonMelon said:
With homefield advantage, yeah, I'll take Geelong.

I love how you have embraced the sport, but a kind reminder there is no home ground advantage in that game. The only time a Victorian team has a home ground advantage when playing another Victorian team is Geelong at Kardinia Park.

It's more that I completely forgot where Hawthorn was.

What, are there like 3.4 teams not from Melbourne? I should have guessed.

Fuck it, I'm still not sold on the Hawks. They're great, but this round is arguably the most challenging test they'll see all season. If they pull through, I'll tip them every match from here on out.

Technically, the MCG is the home ground for Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn, Richmond and Melbourne, and Etihad is home for Essendon, St Kilda, North, the Bulldogs and Geelong (against high-drawing sides).

Geelong and Melbourne are the only Victorian clubs that still play at their traditional home grounds.

I remember when Etihad/Telstra Doma/Colonial/Docklands/justfuckingstickwithaname opened, but I don't remember how they determined which teams got it as their home ground and which got the MCG. How'd that happen?

No way Freo wins in Sydney. No way.

I'm going with Freo. Sure, their win over Geelong was at home, but Sydney don't impress me. Even if they weren't taking the GWS game seriously, a 63 point win is less than I expected and it just seems to me that Freo have come out with a newfound hunger this year. I'm kind of expecting them to do the same this season as last: start really strong and then fade hard towards the end.

But then I originally tipped Sydney before changing my mind. I just don't know, really.

This Polis guy is absolute fucking moron. How the fuck has he built a multi-million dollar company? I don't think I've been this disgusted in a long time.

"jokes to my mates on facebook" I hope this asshole loses every fucking cent he has. Cunt.

But Cobbler, he can't be racist because he once dated a half-Aboriginal woman. :happy:

(And probably dumped the Aboriginal half of her first.)

AGL-wide-420x0.jpg

EYKIW thread about U2 fans being bogans commence now please

I think the bogan alert was him alerting the U2 audience to his impending boganity.

This game is so frustrating to watch. Besides the absolutely unacceptable behinds, I have no idea if we're even struggling against a good side. No clue what to think of Brisbane. They look horrendous, but they're MUCH more accurate. They've had about 5 shots on goal vs our 804504957405744 but made the most of them and are leading after 1.

Thrilled to see Brisbane snare the lead at quarter time!

Shame Carlton's now wrested it back.

Brisbane's backline is looking very vulnerable. Wouldn't surprise me if Carlton were to break away soon.

Great mark by Betts, you could see it coming from a mile away. It was just a perfect ball to go for.

Brisbane's got the hunger and desperation in attack, but yeah, their defence - well that goal just there as I'm typing by Mr Stylish Pink Shoes proves it!

Huge missed opportunity for the Lions there. What a dire quarter for them.

:dance: Can't wait to get Jamison and others back next round for the big match against the Pies.

What to take away from this game: Melbourne is BAD. Gold Coast bad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom