The 2008 MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crisp is great defensively and he'll steal a few bases, but he's an average run-producer, especially for an outfielder. Crisp will never be in Kendrick's league hitting-wise.

Schilling is a shadow of his former self. No way the Sox are banking on him for a big year at this point in his career.

The problem is that Kendrick hasn't done anything hitting-wise in the majors yet. Yes, he's got potential, but right now, he's really not any better, so missing him while we are missing Crisp is fairly even, I'd say.

And that "shadow of his former self" still won in the playoffs last year. And he even had an ERA under 4 last year, which as I recall was better than yours, wasn't it?

Sorry to say both teams will be about even strength in terms of injuries. The fact that the Sox have more good players than the Angels will be why they'll continue to win, not because of health.

phanan said:

And that "shadow of his former self" still won in the playoffs last year. And he even had an ERA under 4 last year, which as I recall was better than yours, wasn't it?
:wink: Nope. I had the best ERA in the league last year (3.01).

Oh wait, playoff ERA?

A lot of that has to do with the fact that Fenway is a sandbox, i.e., it's a minor league field with the stupid Green Monster out there.

The Sox formula for winning is to get a fat guy (Ortiz) to muscle check-swing doubles off the wall all day. Oh, and to get a lot of home cookin' from the umps. :wink:

Somebody remind me never to bet on a team managed by Clint Hurdle under any circumstances.

John Lackey said:
Eh, well, we're coming into Fenway banged up like we always are when we play the Sox.

Howie Kendrick: DL
Me: DL
Torii Hunter: banged up

One day the Sox will face an Angels team at full strength. :waiting:
I believe the technical term for this post is "prepare for embarassment".

Forgot about Escobar...the Halos really are beat up. See, all the obnoxious running they do, it's bad for them :wink:

John Lackey said:
Well except that you've got one key player (Lowell) out and we've got three of our best out or banged up. :(

Waa%20cry%20baby2.jpg

Hewson said:
How could somebody have watched him last season and said, "Hey lets give him $10million"?

Well, the whole thing was that we were hoping for the Texas Gagne, not the Boston Gag-me. Actually, he would have gotten the save today if not for Rickie Weeks botching the double play. Quite frankly, right now our entire bullpen is gassed, and this with 14 pitchers on the staff:huh:

John Lackey said:
Eh, well, we're coming into Fenway banged up like we always are when we play the Sox.

Howie Kendrick: DL
Me: DL
Torii Hunter: banged up

One day the Sox will face an Angels team at full strength. :waiting:

Had the perfect opportunity to steal a win tonight with Beckett getting scratched. Tough break, John.

John Lackey said:

Two words: sand box.
So does the Red Sox' ace being scratched in favor of a journeyman AAA pitcher who had to be called up a few hours before the game to face the ace of your Angie staff even out the early season injury woes of the 2 teams John?

And did the " sand box" lead to Ellsbury having the speed to score from first on a ball hit down the left field line, where your inadequate left fielder has less ground to cover than in any other park in MLB yet still couldn't get to the ball quick enough nor have enough arm to prevent a runner from scoring from first??

Don't look now John, but 3rd place in the west awaits you by the weekend...be thankful for the Tejas Rangeros, cause they will keep your Eastern Japan Angels of Western Luxembourg out of the cellar...at least for a while.

Yeah, scoring from first on a double to left at Fenway, not something you see every day. Speed kills...bitter pill to swallow for the runnin' Angels though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom