Songs of Innocence - Album Discussion Pt.2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the cover photo is in the tube, and the story is on the beach. They are the two shoots they did before the abort button was pressed months ago. I wonder how long Q have been sitting on this story

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I noticed the cover photo is in the tube, and the story is on the beach. They are the two shoots they did before the abort button was pressed months ago. I wonder how long Q have been sitting on this story

The photoshoot was last October! I'm thinking we will see the ice cream van shots in this story too.

Yep, one of the greatest segues......
There's also a great one coming out of RTSS on the ZOO TV Tour.

That one always makes me cry. Mostly because ZooTv is one of the most emotional performances of Streets in my eyes. That night really could have been their last as a band and you almost choke on the raw emotional weight of Streets. It's a baptism and a prayer all at once. Still gives me chills to this day.

Hm, could someone post a link of Please>Streets?

Also, can I say how stoked I am to see CK and Nick agreeing on something? I think just for that, the band will make it happen. :D

PopMart should have Please/Streets if memory serves. (My VHS nearly bit the dust so I finally retired it and havent picked up a dvd copy yet due to the move we did this month. :shh: )

And yeah, somebody tell the band that Nick and I agreed. Its an SoI miracle and MUST be documented!!

Adam looks rather bad ass these days

Yeah. He does. Makes me one proud missus. ;) ;)

Seriously though? He's always rocked. I am loving the direction he's going in and am right there with him!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

If you want to see positive comments regarding SOI, I don't suggest visiting atease.

Was just going to say something along the same lines.

Radiohead is one of my favorite bands ever, but atease is hard to read sometimes. Someone there actually referred to SOI as "inoffensive supermarket-ready mom-rock".

Pearl Jam's forum seemed split over it, but fairer than atease.

There's no way anyone can up-res the Q interview page, is there? :hmm:

This is just a tiny bit better than the one in that previous link, but it is readable.

q340-U2.jpg~original

Also the cover

Q9-30-14U2.jpg~original

"The experiments and excursions we took with Danger Mouse at the start of the album recording were unashamedly unhinged and free of all critical judgement," says the Edge. via e-mail. "We were happy to suspend disbelief just to see where we could get to. Those early sessions were some of the most productive and fun U2 studio sessions I can remember."

Read more: After 'Innocence': U2 Look Ahead to Tour, New LP 'Songs of Experience' | Rolling Stone
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Did this make it onto SOE ? :hmm:

Also from Q interview, posted in a thread on atu2.com,

In the new issue of Q, there's an article and interview with U2 and Adam makes some interesting comments about the 'markedly different approach' to the next tour:
"We're booking the tour in pairs of shows" and "we want to have two different shows. That's the plan at this point, but it could all change"

:hmm:

Interesting :up:

Hope to get my hands on the new Q when it comes out.

The Rolling Stone story is a great read. I like how Bono is now sending out the link to "SOI Delete" :lol:

In the new issue of Q, there's an article and interview with U2 and Adam makes some interesting comments about the 'markedly different approach' to the next tour:
"We're booking the tour in pairs of shows" and "we want to have two different shows. That's the plan at this point, but it could all change"

This could be really interesting. A night of warhorses with a few new songs thrown in followed by a night of new stuff & obscurities with a few warhorses thrown in?

I'm sure they're struggling right now with what they always do...balancing the desire to play the new songs and material that interests them, with the obligation to play the classics that most of their audience wants to hear.

Sounds great! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom