Songs of Experience vol. 29: No More Acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the cat video rank against SOI?

:applaud:

I listened to the “cat song” and it’s so short and I can’t really make anything out from it. Not sure how anyone can say this might be great, bad, the best or the worst anything.

Then again, maybe I need my hearing tested because these days people seem to be able to hear snippets of songs and make full blown declarations about the song and the album and I’m sitting here asking people what Bono is even singing because I can’t really make it out.

I tried to listen to it earlier but got interrupted, so I had to paws it.

I don't like the Breathe comparison. For me, Breathe is clunky and struggles to find a melody. Cedarwood Road is a better version. Hopefully, Lights Of Home builds on and surpasses both. I like that Haim riff.

I don't like the Breathe comparison. For me, Breathe is clunky and struggles to find a melody. Cedarwood Road is a better version. Hopefully, Lights Of Home builds on and surpasses both. I like that Haim riff.

I agree. That was sort of my thinking as well. Breathe is cool in concept, but in execution it doesn't flow like it could or should. I do like the "sound" though and if the bass and drums are similar to the Haim track, that's a damn good start.
I wish Cedarwood would have kept that heavy bass and guitar more throughout the song. It blasts out of the gates and then sorta gets undercut and goes into the softer stuff. Hoping that's not the case here.

I agree. That was sort of my thinking as well. Breathe is cool in concept, but in execution it doesn't flow like it could or should. I do like the "sound" though and if the bass and drums are similar to the Haim track, that's a damn good start.
I wish Cedarwood would have kept that heavy bass and guitar more throughout the song. It blasts out of the gates and then sorta gets undercut and goes into the softer stuff. Hoping that's not the case here.

I agree! Cederwood started out absolutely amazing! One of my favorite moments in many many years, then the energy just dies off and kills the mood! I also wished it would have carried over the heaviness throughout the song. I still like cederwood but could have been so much more!

Haim may have succumbed to industry pressure/trends, but talentless scum they are not.

he's not actually serious. just making a joke at the talentless scum interference meme from awhile ago. was it beyonce that was labeled as talentless scum?

he's not actually serious. just making a joke at the talentless scum interference meme from awhile ago. was it beyonce that was labeled as talentless scum?

Yea it was Beyoncé. I dont remember it ever becoming a picture gif or meme just a user saying she was talentless scum.

I like the music to Breathe, but the lyrics and delivery of said lyrics just made it seem like a bloody weird song.

Is it possible it’s just a woman singing along to the song and not in the actual recording? It’s hard to tell

According to U2Song they think it could be Angel Deradoorian.

Deradoorian’s vocals were present in the background of “Ordinary Love”, and also in the alternate recording of “The Troubles” where they were much more in the background than the version eventually released with Lykke Li. That leaves two other songs that she worked on, that have not yet appeared. One of these may be the opening track to the new U2 album Songs of Experience. That song, “Love is All We Have Left” had a voice that sounded like Deradoorian’s in early mixes. If so, she’d be yet another guest on vocals on the new album if she’s made it through to the final mix of the song.

Is lady gaga on any of the tracks or was that just a rumour?

I was just about to ask that. I'm not even sure where that started. Someone at @U2 forum at one point said she sang a big pre-chorus in the song... But that was after the initial rumor.

"your wok is on my skin"? wtf?

6yTFgbD.jpg

You remember the video right?

Breathe is probably my 3rd fav on NLOTH. I really like it. Love the energy, love that it has a different feel than almost anything they have done. Just doesn't flow well for me in some spots. To hear the new song reminds someone of Breathe but pushed further, is exciting.

+1 for the Breathe is awesome tally. It's one of NLOTH's highlights and I think it could've been a real monster with a different set of lyrics/vocal delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom