Songs of Experience 36 - Now with 20% fewer acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono on Larry

I am not sure Larry knows what to make of the album. He loved the tour, but he and I are probably the hardest on every U2 recording.... He has that sort of Irish [thing of being] down on all things new. I have had that myself at times, but not with this album. But, you know, we are just like that. It is hard to explain.

Larry 100% isn't on board

On a positive note, I am always impressed by Bono's intellectual curiosity, his breadth of knowledge and his earnest desire to make a difference.

On a more negative note, he can be an extreme bore as this interview highlights all too well.

Finally, re: his favorite subject of American politics, I thought it curious that he completely avoided the inconvenient topic of the Clintons and his very cozy relationship with them. After all, the election of the Idiot in Chief can be traced directly to their incompetence, arrogance and self dealing.

You'd think that if Bono were being honest with himself, he would look in the mirror and ask how that happened - his beloved America turning its back on his good friends even as he campaigned loudly for Hillary.

I'm sure Jan will get to that in part II of the interview...

Bono basically admitted to what some of us have said and longed for

The band has ditched what made them U2, and have instead pursued a more traditional songwriting method.

Spider-Man being what kicked it off.

Sounds like it’s really opened a vein for writing songs, but i still miss that open air, space, sonic magic that only them could make playing together

It wasn’t the best choice of words, using “girly” as a pejorative, especially here in December 2017.

If he had been allowed to elaborate, maybe there’d be more nuance. But it reads bad.

And now we have a ton of articles criticizing Bono for the “girlie music” opinion.
It’s insufferable.

well it was a pretty stupid comment, coming from Woman of the Year especially :D

that attitude is everything that's wrong with this stupid macho world actually

That's a lot of money wasted on spoons
:lol:
NLOTH still holds up well for me, and I love Breathe.

giphy.gif
Yup :shifty:
You are an ageist...stop beating up the little old lady!! She’s just trying to cross the road for God sake!!
Ten points if you hit her.
Not funny, Ax :|
I never understood people's problem with boom cha. Is it supposed to even mean anything? It's not a complete line like "turn it up loud, captain" or "stop helping God across the road..." It just goes along with the village people dance in the end, that's all. If there had been a non vocal sound effect in its place we wouldn't even have batted an eyelid! Think about it.
yeah, really.
I heard he's singing the national anthem. With a megaphone.
:lol::lol:
On a positive note, I am always impressed by Bono's intellectual curiosity, his breadth of knowledge and his earnest desire to make a difference.

On a more negative note, he can be an extreme bore as this interview highlights all too well.

Finally, re: his favorite subject of American politics, I thought it curious that he completely avoided the inconvenient topic of the Clintons and his very cozy relationship with them. After all, the election of the Idiot in Chief can be traced directly to their incompetence, arrogance and self dealing.

You'd think that if Bono were being honest with himself, he would look in the mirror and ask how that happened - his beloved America turning its back on his good friends even as he campaigned loudly for Hillary.

I'm sure Jan will get to that in part II of the interview...

Agree w your first paragraph. But too much negative take on the Clintons.

He just made himself sound like the aging, out-of-touch rock stars they’ve tried so hard to set themselves from.

This is going to have legs, believe it.

This was dumb on his part.

The articles on the Jezebel's of the world make your eyes roll back so far they might fall out of your head, but he should have known better and picked a better word.

It's not as if Jan didn't let him read the article ahead of it's release...

This will likely be blown into a bigger deal than it should be, as it's hard to actually see Bono as a sexist, but it's pretty tiring having to defend stupid decisions they make.

Eh, he would have been better off not making that comment if he's looking to save his reputation. Some people outside of this space are just way too sensitive nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom