Songs of Ascent / New U2 Music / Soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something here? :scratch:
"Songs of Ascent: map of the album, Last Update: April 14th 2010" ? :D

In your defence, there was obviously something wrong with my post because the boards wouldn't recognize it as the latest input (instead of Acrobatic's post) in that thread for some reason.

If no one beats me to it - as I've stated before that it's not my responsibility to maintain the post, and I have welcomed anyone to help me out - I could probably get time to update it in about a week at the latest.

It appears you already knew what you were missing. :wave:
That is very odd, I've never seen that happen before? Anyhow, as you suspected, I was just glancing at it from the top (without clicking) I've been seeing that March 4th post since...well, March. So I doubt that I've even opened it up since then.

I'd help you out if I was up to date with everything but I'm not.
But maybe if everyone made a more concerted effort to post specific pieces of information in that thread, it would be easier on you and better for all of us.

The extent of my addition/help (trying to wrap things up since April 14th) would be copying and pasting whatever atu2 has on their new album page. I'm definitely not fishing back through all these pages of talk, that's for sure.

BTW, excellent work on everything you've already done. :up:

Disappointed that it's only one song.

You know what I think?
I think the original idea was for two songs, but since the tour was postponed it ended up being Kingdom/Soon only. Still, I can't wait to hear it, hopefully it's longer than what we've heard already.

The tour only got postponed about a week ago - I can't imagine that was enough time to change plans with the vinyl.

Soon...soon....soon can't wait for the whole song, it worked great as an intro.

The tour only got postponed about a week ago - I can't imagine that was enough time to change plans with the vinyl.

Well, Bono had surgery 13 days ago - and it explains the delay of the Super Deluxe version in certain regions. Remember, the Super Deluxe version isn't exacly put out there in huge numbers...

Et en parlant d'eux justement habitant dans les alpes maritimes maintenant je suis allez faire un petit tour a Monaco et forcement en revenant un petit passage sur Eze sur mer et
bono.gif
edge.gif
larry
adam.gif
etait en repetition a la villa de bono etant meme un peu surpris suite a son operation il y a peu de temps

posted 29/05

He just says that he lives in the South of France and that in passing has eze (what he makes regularly) he heard(understood) the whole group to play

the 7' Vinyl from the super deluxe ed of the dvd has one song only : "Soon"
it's the official release for the intro song that came after Space Oditty during the shows, we all knew as 'Kingdom'
so Kingdom=Soon

i think this is the first annouce

It's all just further teasing and intrigue, promotional poking. Soon may still in fact be Kingdom. Kingdom may in fact be 8 minutes long for all we know.

i have read that the song is during just 1min30 (exactly the same you have listening during the concert)

I highly doubt that what you heard is true. That would make NO sense at ALL. Put a 1.30 min snippet of a song into a 7" vinyl and absolutely nothing else would be the biggest waste ever. If U2 did that then they REALLY lost their marbles! But I am not at all worried, the full song will be on the 7" vinyl guaranteed!

Since this song is called 'Soon', they should have leaked/released this for free when they announced the album delay back in late 2008, assuming the song was finished by then. It's cool we're getting it and all, but the method of release seems pretty blah.

Since this song is called 'Soon', they should have leaked/released this for free when they announced the album delay back in late 2008, assuming the song was finished by then. It's cool we're getting it and all, but the method of release seems pretty blah.

For free, maybe, but back in 2008, heck no.

Don't you remember how awesome it was when a new, never-before heard U2 song opened the 2009 gigs?

I was blown away.

I like their way of releasing it, though maybe it should be available from U2.com as a free download as well...

OFFICIAL : an "enormous surprise" concerning U2 is anounced by AZ/universal on facebook and twiter page for the next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom