Songs of Ascent / New U2 Music / Soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2 songs from albums under 3 mins , 4th of July, MLK, Promenade - all from TUF. Any more? - been 26 years though

U2 studio songs under 3 mins.:

The Ocean 1:34
A Different Kind of Blue 2:02
4th of July 2:13
Things to Make and Do 2:17
J. Swallow 2:20
October 2:21
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) 2:21
MLK 2:31
Promenade 2:34
Trash, Trampoline and the Party Girl 2:36
40 2:38
Beat on the Brat 2:39
Fortunate Son 2:41
Boomerang I 2:46
A Celebration 2:51
Scarlet 2:53
In God's Country 2:57
Endless Deep 2:58
Desire 2:59
Is That All? 2:59

Well, if you count Passengers as U2 (I do) then their latest song with a lenght closer to Soon is from 95. 15 years, a very very very long time anyway. (And if you count only studio albums songs the number gets really small. So, given the whole teaser feel to this, I would believe Soon is an intro, if not to the album itself, to some song on it. :)

U2 studio songs under 3 mins.:

The Ocean 1:34
A Different Kind of Blue 2:02
4th of July 2:13
Things to Make and Do 2:17
J. Swallow 2:20
October 2:21
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) 2:21
MLK 2:31
Promenade 2:34
Trash, Trampoline and the Party Girl 2:36
40 2:38
Beat on the Brat 2:39
Fortunate Son 2:41
Boomerang I 2:46
A Celebration 2:51
Scarlet 2:53
In God's Country 2:57
Endless Deep 2:58
Desire 2:59
Is That All? 2:59

Well, if you count Passengers as U2 (I do) then their latest song with a lenght closer to Soon is from 95. 15 years, a very very very long time anyway. (And if you count only studio albums songs the number gets really small. So, given the whole teaser feel to this, I would believe Soon is an intro, if not to the album itself, to some song on it. :)

Good list, but definately a long time since we've had one.

I can tell you though that soon definately sounds complete. It definately ends at the end of the 2:05, and it sounds like it starts at the beginning of the song. Intro to album: sure, why not... intro to song: doubt it

Good list, but definately a long time since we've had one.

I can tell you though that soon definately sounds complete. It definately ends at the end of the 2:05, and it sounds like it starts at the beginning of the song. Intro to album: sure, why not... intro to song: doubt it

Lucky bastard :wink:, didn't know you had it already. :D That's interesting. :hmm: Yeah, I can only see it working as an album intro then. However it's quite unsual for an album intro to not have a connection to the following song. Well, guess we'll have to wait and hear.

Yes, very much so. Perfect opener for the next album. On second listen I'm loving that bass in the background. :up:

Listening to it for the 3rd time. I am excite. What is that North African instrument playing in the background that is oh so beautiful?

^ haha, this is what I was trying to avoid by covertly pming it. I have sent it on about 35 times now, so I will send this one on, but others have to take up the load after they get it this time, because it has happened too frequently in the past where a select few people send it to 100's and those who pop up and request just disappear.

^ probably, but that compounds the issue of mooching. I have been trying to spider-network it through the day, telling everyone to send it on to their contacts, and those they think would be interested.

Not being 'postist' but it doesn seem those with fewer than 1,000 or so posts that pop up, get the tunes, then bugger off without sharing.

^ probably, but that compounds the issue of mooching. I have been trying to spider-network it through the day, telling everyone to send it on to their contacts, and those they think would be interested.

Not being 'postist' but it doesn seem those with fewer than 1,000 or so posts that pop up, get the tunes, then bugger off without sharing.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Since it came from you, whatever you decide is cool with me. :up:

For the record, I do have the box set on order. From Live Nation. :uhoh: :lol:

Yeah, I know what you mean. Since it came from you, whatever you decide is cool with me. :up:

For the record, I do have the box set on order. From Live Nation. :uhoh: :lol:

It doesnt bother me, as long as people share it. Wish we could monitor it and then bar those who dont share from the next leak.

oh well, in the end it will get out there some way or another!

well, this thread is a great example... apparently 17 active users viewing the thread, and have been for some time, and 3 maybe 4 are posting. no doubt 10 of the 13 left are just waiting for a link to be posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom