SOI physical release + tour info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So two different shows. By U2's standards then, they will drop an encore song and call that the 'other' show.
If U2 are to play 2 setlists that only share 50% of the same songs, they better start practicing straight away if they want the tour to start before 2017.

Night 1: In A Little While (full band)

Night 2: In A Little While (acoustic)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I've put together a bit of an article of what we know so far about the tour from interviews: U2's next tour: what do we know? - U2gigs.com

Looks like Iceland even has an arena of reasonable size: Egilshöll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's a more recently used big venue - the Kórinn hall in Kópavogur, a suburb right next to Reykjavik - 17,000 (that's 5% of the entire country) turned out for Justin Timberlake there in July. I have been to the country a few times and have some pals there, including a domestically well-known musician, and it always amazes me the turnouts they have for events, like literally half the country will come out for the big ones, and virtually whole towns for local fests. Iceland would actually be a good place to open a tour, I think.

Well I certainly won't be able to afford either the expense or the time to see consecutive nights at say the O2 in London. Which raises the awful spectre of having to make a decision and getting it wrong, so I end up seeing a mainly acoustic set with songs drawn mainly from the last 4 albums and the night I don't go they do full band versions of Twilight, I Fall Down, Drowning Man, Promenade, Red Hill Mining Town, Heartland, and Acrobat.

I work at a new amazon shipping warehouse. I can't wait to see the new deluxe edition when we get them in next week. Too bad I won't be able to get it for another week after I see it lol

Sent from my PS4 using U2 Interference

I work at a new amazon shipping warehouse. I can't wait to see the new deluxe edition when we get them in next week. Too bad I won't be able to get it for another week after I see it lol

I'd be petting them and muttering "my precious, my precccciouuuussss" under my breath. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

SOI is a LOTR rewrite?

Am I the only one who, upon seeing LOTR out of context thought of this?
Neil_Diamond_Love_on_the_Rocks.jpg

There's a more recently used big venue - the Kórinn hall in Kópavogur, a suburb right next to Reykjavik - 17,000 (that's 5% of the entire country) turned out for Justin Timberlake there in July. I have been to the country a few times and have some pals there, including a domestically well-known musician, and it always amazes me the turnouts they have for events, like literally half the country will come out for the big ones, and virtually whole towns for local fests. Iceland would actually be a good place to open a tour, I think.

Oh really? That's pretty cool!

It'd be nice for U2 to expand their horizons and visit Iceland and other places they haven't been (like how on 360 they finally went to Russia and Turkey). It's surprising and a bit disappointing how few countries U2 have performed in over their career, especially when compared to some other bands of similar stature and longevity.

I'd be petting them and muttering "my precious, my precccciouuuussss" under my breath. ;)

I will be.... Trust me. For 20 seconds, before I have to get back to work lol.

I stand to be corrected:lol: as the aforementioned Iceland arena is not in the list from wikipedia.

But these are all European arenas, in cities the band have NEVER played a show. There are of course many more cities that the band have not played for a good while with suitable arenas. I've picked a cut off point of 12,000 capacity. Also I would guess a few of these arenas are actually not on the 'gig circuit'

Add the obvious cities in and who says U2 can't do a proper European arena tour!

Won't happen but it gives you an idea of the scope available.

Kombank Arena 25,000 Belgrade Serbia
Baku Crystal Hall 25,000 Baku Azerbaijan
Ethias Arena 20,000 Hasselt Belgium
Bizkaia Arena 18,640 Barakaldo Spain
Kraków Arena 18,000 Kraków Poland
Žalgiris Arena 17,500 Kaunas Lithuania
PostFinance-Arena 17,131 Bern Switzerland
Fernando Buesa 15,504 Vitoria Spain
Malmö Arena 15,500 Malmö Sweden
Arena Armeec 15,000 Sofia Bulgaria
Minsk-Arena 15,000 Minsk Belarus
Jyske Bank Boxen 15,000 Herning Denmark
Arena Stožice 14,480 Ljubljana Slovenia
Romexpo 14,000 Bucharest Romania
Atlas Arena 13,805 Łódź Poland
Sørmarka Arena 13,000 Stavanger Norway
Elmia Eventcenter 13,000 Jönköping Sweden
Adriatic Arena 13,000 Pesaro Italy
Flanders Expo 13,000 Ghent Belgium
Arēna Rīga 12,500 Riga Latvia
Galaxie d'Amnéville 12,200 Amnéville France
Palais des sports 12,000 Grenoble France
Ice Palace 12,000 StPetersburg Russia
Siemens Arena 12,000 Vilnius Lithuania
Spaladium Arena 12,000 Split Croatia
ČEZ Aréna Ostrava 12,000 Ostrava Czech Republic
Bolshoy Ice Dome 12,000 Sochi Russia

I will be.... Trust me. For 20 seconds, before I have to get back to work lol.

Mine's been preordered since the 27th. Deluxe edition with 2 day shipping, guaranteed to be here on the 14th. Well worth the extra shipping. :)

Mine's been preordered since the 27th. Deluxe edition with 2 day shipping, guaranteed to be here on the 14th. Well worth the extra shipping. :)

Nice. The facility is 5 miles from my house so either way it shouldn't take long to get to me!

I stand to be corrected:lol: as the aforementioned Iceland arena is not in the list from wikipedia.

But these are all European arenas, in cities the band have NEVER played a show. There are of course many more cities that the band have not played for a good while with suitable arenas. I've picked a cut off point of 12,000 capacity. Also I would guess a few of these arenas are actually not on the 'gig circuit'

Add the obvious cities in and who says U2 can't do a proper European arena tour!

Won't happen but it gives you an idea of the scope available.

Kombank Arena 25,000 Belgrade Serbia
Baku Crystal Hall 25,000 Baku Azerbaijan
Ethias Arena 20,000 Hasselt Belgium
Bizkaia Arena 18,640 Barakaldo Spain
Kraków Arena 18,000 Kraków Poland
Žalgiris Arena 17,500 Kaunas Lithuania
PostFinance-Arena 17,131 Bern Switzerland
Fernando Buesa 15,504 Vitoria Spain
Malmö Arena 15,500 Malmö Sweden
Arena Armeec 15,000 Sofia Bulgaria
Minsk-Arena 15,000 Minsk Belarus
Jyske Bank Boxen 15,000 Herning Denmark
Arena Stožice 14,480 Ljubljana Slovenia
Romexpo 14,000 Bucharest Romania
Atlas Arena 13,805 Łódź Poland
Sørmarka Arena 13,000 Stavanger Norway
Elmia Eventcenter 13,000 Jönköping Sweden
Adriatic Arena 13,000 Pesaro Italy
Flanders Expo 13,000 Ghent Belgium
Arēna Rīga 12,500 Riga Latvia
Galaxie d'Amnéville 12,200 Amnéville France
Palais des sports 12,000 Grenoble France
Ice Palace 12,000 StPetersburg Russia
Siemens Arena 12,000 Vilnius Lithuania
Spaladium Arena 12,000 Split Croatia
ČEZ Aréna Ostrava 12,000 Ostrava Czech Republic
Bolshoy Ice Dome 12,000 Sochi Russia

Good list, and it goes to show that U2 now have no excuse for their poor record of touring Central and Eastern Europe. Next tour I'd particularly hope they tour the Baltic states, as they have never been to any of them.

Off the top of my head I think U2 have played in about 35 countries worldwide. That leaves a lot of scope for wider touring!

Edit: Just checked, and there have been full tour concerts in 34 countries.

We should all be thankful Bono didn't star in a 90s remake of The Jazz Singer with Pete Postlethwaite in a Bob Hewson-esque update of the father character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom