SOI physical release + tour info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be a strange and different track listing on the deluxe cd available at Walmart - no acoustic sessions and all on one disc, apparently???

Songs Of Innocence (Deluxe Edition), U2: Pop : Walmart.com

Might be incorrect info on their part, I'd imagine.
Wonder what happened to the rumoured 3 additional songs available for select retailers we heard about a while back?? You would think that would be for the biggest retailers worldwide? Amazon, Walmart, Target, best Buy, any others????

Wonder what happened to the rumoured 3 additional songs available for select retailers we heard about a while back?? You would think that would be for the biggest retailers worldwide? Amazon, Walmart, Target, best Buy, any others????

That thing with the "three additional songs" is a misinterpretation by some people. There WON'T be any new songs besides those listed on the Deluxe Edition of Songs of Innocence.

There are 2 new songs:

- Lucifer's Hands
- The Crystall Ballroom

.. and there are 2 alternative versions:

- The Troubles (Alternative version)
- Sleep Like a Baby Tonight (Alternative Perspective Mix by Tchad Blake)

Guy Oseary was talking about the physical release of SOI in general, which will offer exclusive material to retailers which won't be available with the iTunes release.

Here you can (once again) re-check the official info about the physical release:

U2 > News > Songs Of Innocence

That thing with the "three additional songs" is a misinterpretation by some people. There WON'T be any new songs besides those listed on the Deluxe Edition of Songs of Innocence.

There are 2 new songs:

- Lucifer's Hands
- The Crystall Ballroom

.. and there are 2 alternative versions:

- The Troubles (Alternative version)
- Sleep Like a Baby Tonight (Alternative Perspective Mix by Tchad Blake)

Guy Oseary was talking about the physical release of SOI in general, which will offer exclusive material to retailers which won't be available with the iTunes release.

Here you can (once again) re-check the official info about the physical release:

U2 > News > Songs Of Innocence

No. This Billboard article (which certainly could be wrong) reports that there are three additional tracks set aside for select retailers. Not everyone will be getting them. This happens all the time. Target or Best Buy will offer a deluxe edition that has ADDITIONAL bonus tracks beyond what is available on the standard deluxe edition. The relevant quote from the Billboard article:

U2 Album Downloads Off To Decent Start | Billboard
To entice retailers, Universal is offering four tracks that iTunes will not have until November, according to sources. Some retailers could walk away with more tracks, as sources say Universal has three additional tracks for select retailers.

The point here is the repeated emphasis on "some retailers" and "select retailers," which suggests that not everyone will get the same thing.

Having said that, there is no indication at this point of any retail exclusive, so maybe the plan has been abandoned since that Billboard article was written.

Regardless of which company gets which exclusive, I am paying for ONE deluxe edition from a single retailer. The other bonus tracks will be easy to "acquire" within a matter of days after the release date.

The point here is the repeated emphasis on "some retailers" and "select retailers," which suggests that not everyone will get the same thing.

Having said that, there is no indication at this point of any retail exclusive, so maybe the plan has been abandoned since that Billboard article was written.

I forgot about that specific article - but the wording shouts tentativeness, but for sure I'd take three more songs.

For now I'm waiting for the physical release - all those alternative/additional tracks should keep me busy for some time.

I forgot about that specific article - but the wording shouts tentativeness, but for sure I'd take three more songs.

For now I'm waiting for the physical release - all those alternative/additional tracks should keep me busy for some time.

I'm kind of hoping they scrapped this plan. I'd rather just enjoy the very generous 10 (or 11 if you count Invisible) tracks on the "regular" deluxe edition without having to track down extras at various stores.

Regardless of which company gets which exclusive, I am paying for ONE deluxe edition from a single retailer. The other bonus tracks will be easy to "acquire" within a matter of days after the release date.

Same. If they even have that as an option. It may just be the 2 disc deluxe with the acoustics and the other songs. And I'm happy with that. More new songs!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Release here (Germany) is also the 10th. Pre-ordered....:applaud:

Me, too :up:

I usually buy most of my cds locally, but most of the times, the limited edition box sets aren't available here, so I'm going with Amazon (again) this time. It's strange, though, that Amazon Germany still doesn't have the final tracklist and no info on the actual acoustic tracks.

Just ordered the vinyl in my local hmv. They were only getting 4 copies. £22 i paid

Just ordered the vinyl in my local hmv. They were only getting 4 copies. £22 i paid

We've got a small local record shop that already said they're carrying the vinyl so I am going to get my vinyl from them instead of ordering from one of the chain retailers. :up:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Who's Dave Griffith and who is he talking to? :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Who's Dave Griffith and who is he talking to? :shrug:

I have him on Facebook from a while back - can't remember his handle on interference, but those comments are surprising for someone who reads this forum.

I have him on Facebook from a while back - can't remember his handle on interference, but those comments are surprising for someone who reads this forum.

Agreed. Even the hive likes the album.

The media likes to twist things, clearly. I don't think they have much insight into what music fans in general and U2 fans in particular really think. And if they do, they often ignore it because it doesn't fit their agenda when it comes to U2. When the stories about U2 doing a smaller arena tour were starting to get more real, I immediately thought that in the media some will try to make it looks as if U2 cannot fill stadiums any more, which is, of course, crap. Along with the negativity surrounding the SOI album release, there will be a lot of cynical reactions to a smaller scale tour. Whatever U2 is doing these days, they simply cannot win.

My conversation with Dave Griffith:

Dan Smee - Saw the quote Dave. Are you serious when you suggest most fans are underwhelmed? I think 90% of the feedback on interference is glowingly positive or better.
3 hrs · Edited · Like

Dave Griffith - Putting the fans tbar would think nurzey rhymes on a banjo would be a cool album, yes , lots and lots of "good runes. Pretty meh overall" is,what im being fedback. If you think its a R&H to AB change, and love it, thats good. Whats not good,is,thinking everything they release is brillianr, especually when it aint
52 mins · Like

Dan Smee - What the majority of fans are saying is that it's the best since pop, probably since Achtung baby. And to say that it isn't a reinvention like R&H to AB means nothing. Why does it have to be? If the songs are great why does it matter? To say that the fan community as a whole are underwhelmed would be a huge misrepresentation
37 mins · Like

Dave Griffith - Wrong. The 120+ international fans ive given u2 tours to in dublin since woukd also disagree. A change to stat relevant as per bonos rules are reqiired. Hardcore u2 forums will.always think any new release is,great, even when clearly it aint, so id take what tge fans say on interference, @u2, and the likes as purely thatt. Hardcpre fundementalist u2 fans, incidetially, alot agree with mysekf. I guess I ain't a sheep!
15 mins · Like

Dan Smee - Lol. Liking something makes you a sheep. Most of the people on those forums are more critical than the media. It's the people who hated bomb and NLOTH that are loving this album. If you don't like it, you're entitled to that opinion, but to claim that the fans are underwhelmed is totally off base. And it makes those who say it appear to have poor credibility.
3 mins · Like

Love the spelling and punctuation there!

I must say that the initial euphoria for this album seemingly hasn't worn off like previous albums.

See, to me the fan reception of SOI seems more middle ground than the previous couple of albums. There haven't been the howls of disgust or endless arguments caused by people flinging shit at significant chunks of the album (the NLOTH middle three, for example). At the same time, I also feel the adulation has been in general more tame and reserved. Obviously there are people here who really like the album, but I feel the last two evoked stronger responses both positive and negative.

See, to me the fan reception of SOI seems more middle ground than the previous couple of albums. There haven't been the howls of disgust or endless arguments caused by people flinging shit at significant chunks of the album (the NLOTH middle three, for example). At the same time, I also feel the adulation has been in general more tame and reserved. Obviously there are people here who really like the album, but I feel the last two evoked stronger responses both positive and negative.

I agree - but I think the general feeling us that it will settle down to a pretty positive overall rating (3.5 to 4 stars) - hardly underwhelming as Dave describes.

Love the spelling and punctuation there!

I must say that the initial euphoria for this album seemingly hasn't worn off like previous albums.

Ha, it's been what, three weeks? The honeymoon ends after the tour.

Or, in No Line's case, the day the next album is released.

Ive noticed on amazon all the u2 albums have been slashed in price. Im sure i read that all the record stores will be doing the same when the album comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom