SOE 21 - It comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is another point where the JT tour could really help out SoE promotion-wise.

Remember when they unveiled 'The Miracle' for the first time ever, in a world-wide broadcast live performance which was obviously relatively rusty compared to the final version they ended up with on the I&E tour?

Well, imagine if they debuted a live performance of the lead single of SoE at a few JT shows before the eventual release? By the time it's officially out, they can do some promotional TV/radio etc performances with a song that they've already practiced in front of tens of thousands. It would likely sound stronger than if they keep it wrapped up until September 8, and they can use it to flaunt the live-sound/raw production of SoE.

I realise there are only two shows before the 8th, so maybe they won't bother. But still, conceivably the september leg of the tour could start with the single on the 3rd :hmm:

Also, like many have said - thanks for the updates! Things around here are a lot more interesting with your posts :)
Who's to say that they haven't been rehearsing the lead single the entire tour?

Yep. Good stuff here!

Here's some highlights:

“Red Flag Day” has been mentioned as having been played at one of these sessions in North America. “The Light at Home” (perhaps previously known as “The Light”) has been mentioned by The Edge as one of the songs he’s loving on the new album. “American Soul” has been described as a real rocker of a tune. “You’re The Best Thing About Me” is being heard, but it isn’t the remixed version by Kygo, but a more U2 sounding alternate mix.

And remember those lines Bono sang on “XXX” by Kendrick Lamar? There was some confusion as to why it was listed as U2 on that collaboration, when it appeared that only Bono was present on that song with Lamar. It likely the song was initially credited to U2, because the lyrics have been taken from a U2 song, a song that has now been heard in these preview sessions. But we’re told the lyrics are a bit slower on the Kendrick Lamar track than on the actual U2 version.

The first single from the album was originally rumoured for a July release, but is now being confirmed to arrive in eight weeks. The song should be released to radio the first week of September, just as the band starts the third leg of The Joshua Tree 2017 tour. The single will not be “The Little Things that Give You Away,” nor does it appear to be “You’re the Best Thing About Me” based on these current sessions where they are sharing information about the plan for the fall.

The album will follow this year, but is expected at the end of the year. From previous information shared with us, we expect the release date will be December 1, 2017, which also happens to be WorldAIDSDay"

Interesting that TBT has seemingly fallen out of favor as lead single candidate, compared to this time last year when it was definitely the lead single

So, either the band is less keen on it

Or, something better has emerged in the last year :hmm:

TBT seems like a good tune but not an epic first single that would make a dent. Let's hope they found something better!

TBT seems like a good tune but not an epic first single that would make a dent. Let's hope they found something better!
U2 haven't gone the full blown anthem route for first single for a while now.. Not since Beautiful Day. This would probably do them the most favors

The first single from the album was originally rumoured for a July release, but is now being confirmed to arrive in eight weeks. The song should be released to radio the first week of September, just as the band starts the third leg of The Joshua Tree 2017 tour. The single will not be “The Little Things that Give You Away,” nor does it appear to be “You’re the Best Thing About Me” based on these current sessions where they are sharing information about the plan for the fall.

The album will follow this year, but not until the end of the year. From previous information shared with us, we expect the release date will be December 1, 2017, which also happens to be World AIDS Day. The band has said they will not release it until the Joshua Tree tour is finished, and the tour is currently scheduled to run until October 22, 2017, so it certainly would not be any earlier than that.

We’ve also been told that the Songs of Experience and Innocence tour is expected to restart next Spring, with ticket sales before Christmas.

http://www.u2songs.com/news/songs_of_experience_listening_sessions

Great stuff as usual from u2songs.

Very interesting that Best Thing seemingly isn't going to be the first single... it's a very solid/poppy/catchy song that I think could do well, but as others have said, maybe they found something better.

Also, "first single in eight weeks" lines up with what RD has been saying here. :up:

Also I was messing around with radio at my grandma's house and this random radio station was playing Stuck in a Moment....

My bet: SOE comes out on World AIDS Day and all the sales go towards the cause. They probably perform a gig like they did when Bruce and Chris Martin filled in. They'll play the new single Red Flag Day to be quite literal. It's also an advert for the RED campaign.

Also, if they give the money to the RED campaign no one can make the comparison to the SOI release mess.

My bet: SOE comes out on World AIDS Day and all the sales go towards the cause. They probably perform a gig like they did when Bruce and Chris Martin filled in. They'll play the new single Red Flag Day to be quite literal. It's also an advert for the RED campaign.

I think this would be great, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom