Shuttlecock XXXII: I know it was you, Bono. You broke my heart.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And then if you have a lot of books and/or CDs, whoever helps you move starts with their constant barrage of "God, why do you have so many damned books/CDs? Why don't you get rid of some of them!?"

And then I get all appalled and offended and junk.

I usually stay in places for a year or two longer than I"d prefer because I hate moving so much. Even thinking about moving makes me sick to my stomach.

Stop being so negative, Elfa.

I've lived in the same place for 9 years. :crack:

I might be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel if it wasn't obscured by the stacks and stacks of boxes everywhere.

3 more days then I'm Chicago bound...

I've enjoyed moving in and out of college, albeit for one year. When I pack, it's the only time I'm organized.

My family's been in our current home for fourteen years next week.

I've been in my current apartment for ... geez, 6 years? I think? 5 or 6. Pretty sure it's 6. It's the longest I've ever been in one place since I lived at home with the folks.

I mostly like it. There are a few things I could do without, but for the most part, apartment living doesn't bother me.

I was toying with the idea of moving to a nicer place a while back, but a) what a pain; b) harder to find a place that takes cats - especially new buildings, I think; and c) I'd really rather spend all that money on stuff like travel and buying U2 stuff, since they release giant box sets like every other month or something these days. (har har har)

I'd like to think that my next move will be a move into a place I own, but to be honest, I don't see that happening any time in the near future. Which means I'll be in my current apartment at least another few years.

Some of my moves were from one city to another, some were just within the same city. Some were done with a few friends and a U-Haul, some were done by professionals, etc. I don't like the act of moving, but I have enjoyed experiencing different places.

And, yes, Elfa, you failed each and every time.

It wasn't until 7 or 8 years ago that I found out you guys didn't have bags of milk. It was about 7 or 8 minutes ago that I found out you guys didn't have ketchup chips. whats up with that?

Anybody who says they want a job where they sit around and do nothing all day is a goddamned dirty liar, whether they realize it or not. You know what I did today that was productive? I printed coloring book pages of The Wiggles and foudn some random crayons and coloured those in, then read Cracked.com for three hours. Call me crazy, but that's not a good day at work for me. I'd rather do actual productive stuff, like...my job.

It wasn't until 7 or 8 years ago that I found out you guys didn't have bags of milk. It was about 7 or 8 minutes ago that I found out you guys didn't have ketchup chips. whats up with that?

I remember bags of milk in my Wisconsin home town when I was in ... grade school? We didn't have them around much.

I remember my mom dropping one on the garage floor and it exploding, and I remember the tiny-child hell of trying to drink your lunchtime milk at school. Lay small bag flat, try to stab it with pointy end of straw, be mocked by cruel children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom