Shuttlecock XXX: Now With More Labor Inducing Sex Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd like to walk down the aisle to Brian Eno's "Baby's On Fire."

And then make the grand entrance at the reception to that one bit from Carmina Burana.

There are so many Roxy Music songs that would be highly unsettling at weddings, but early Eno does the job too.

For the record, my parents' wedding song was More Than This. That's like picking One over Promenade, but still kinda cool.

:hug: It's going to be all right!

I was surprised to find a physical copy of Feed the Animals at my local indie record shop. I thought that was the greatest thing ever. I got a used copy of Night Ripper off Amazon.

I couldn't believe how much I loved Feed the Animals. I got my hands on a copy of Night Ripper, but don't like that one nearly as much.

I have more fun with Feed The Animals, but I don't think it's as well done as Night Ripper. FTA has eleventy billion samples per song, and there are a ton of really random transitions, while Night Ripper cuts it in half and sounds a lot smoother. Only included the former on my new iPod though, so that tells you something.

:hug: It's going to be all right!

I was surprised to find a physical copy of Feed the Animals at my local indie record shop. I thought that was the greatest thing ever. I got a used copy of Night Ripper off Amazon.

I wanted one, but it took forever to come out, and Christmas had passed at that point (was going to get my sister a copy).

I have more fun with Feed The Animals, but I don't think it's as well done as Night Ripper. FTA has eleventy billion samples per song, and there are a ton of really random transitions, while Night Ripper cuts it in half. Only included the former on my new iPod though, so that tells you something.

It's not that I don't like Night Ripper, it's just it has way more rap and less rock to distract me from it.

It's not that I don't like Night Ripper, it's just it has way more rap and less rock to distract me from it.

This.

True story: when I first heard some of the stuff on FTA, I assumed the rap bits I was hearing were original, that it was this Girl Talk guy doing his own raps over the music.

I know so very little about hip hop. :reject:

This.

True story: when I first heard some of the stuff on FTA, I assumed the rap bits I was hearing were original, that it was this Girl Talk guy doing his own raps over the music.

I know so very little about hip hop. :reject:
True Story: When I first heard Feed the Animals, I thought that was how "Walk It Out" really went, at that point I'd only heard it on the radio a few times and didn't know who sang it, and almost turned the album off.

I would like you all to know that I owned the Rick Astley album on cassette.

Together forever and never to part
Together forever, we two!
And don't you know I would move heaven and earth
To live together forever with you!

I loved my youngest, "cool" aunt's record collection.

She had really random albums:

Led Zeppelin IV
Shaun Cassidy
John Denver
Journey (lots of Journey)
Abbey Road

She also had a turntable that had a 16 speed on it. My cousins and I loved playing all our records at that speed.

Prince's "Erotic City" (B-side to ... I think it was "When Doves Cry"?) at 16 speed sounds like a sick, slow frog. TRUE STORY.

Greatest record player ever.

I loved my youngest, "cool" aunt's record collection.

She had really random albums:

Led Zeppelin IV
Shaun Cassidy
John Denver
Journey (lots of Journey)
Abbey Road

She also had a turntable that had a 16 speed on it. My cousins and I loved playing all our records at that speed.

Prince's "Erotic City" (B-side to ... I think it was "When Doves Cry"?) at 16 speed sounds like a sick, slow frog. TRUE STORY.

Greatest record player ever.

Why would that speed ever be necessary? lol.

My record collection is at least a bit less random.

My prize possession:
SH105366m.jpg

Ha ha haaa! I had that album on cassette tape, too.

For a brief time, it and the Moonlighting soundtrack were my two favorites.

You know, I never really stopped to think about that 16 speed. What they hell WAS it for? :hmm:

Entertaining the youth of America, I guess. Mission accomplished!

Back
Top Bottom