Shuttlecock XXX: Now With More Labor Inducing Sex Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is sad, and a damned shame. My parents (and me, by default, since I guess my name tag is still there for me to take whenever I go home) have a really nice church. It's all Presbyterian and junk. Nice people there - at least from what I've experienced.

They were always "church going" folk, and always made us go to Sunday school and the like, but they've definitely gotten a lot more involved with the church as they've gotten older.

They seem more religious than they used to (although definitely not in an obnoxious way), but they're also so much more socially involved than they used to be. I swear, growing up, they hardly had any friends, never seemed to do anything socially, outside work holiday parties.

Now my mom's in a book club, a cooking club, all through the church, and they always seem to be doing something with people from church. I'm really happy for them - good to see they have a social life. :)

That is sad, and a damned shame. My parents (and me, by default, since I guess my name tag is still there for me to take whenever I go home) have a really nice church. It's all Presbyterian and junk. Nice people there - at least from what I've experienced.

They were always "church going" folk, and always made us go to Sunday school and the like, but they've definitely gotten a lot more involved with the church as they've gotten older.

They seem more religious than they used to (although definitely not in an obnoxious way), but they're also so much more socially involved than they used to be. I swear, growing up, they hardly had any friends, never seemed to do anything socially, outside work holiday parties.

Now my mom's in a book club, a cooking club, all through the church, and they always seem to be doing something with people from church. I'm really happy for them - good to see they have a social life. :)

Yeah, people who have the most ambition and work on the brain tend to have the thinnest social lives. Funny how that works; it's hard to fit in both. Who knows, maybe in 5-10 years, GAF will relegate his blackouts to office Christmas parties. Or, you know, the gutter. Don't want to put too much pressure on him.

Dear God. I'm listening to my Desert Island II playlist for laughs. White Rabbit > Walking in Memphis.

I'm a mad genius.

Who are you, the new Bon Iver?

I always wondered where in Wisconsin he went to record that album. I always wanted to know if it was anywhere I'd heard of or even been.

The deepest pit of despair in Wisconsin

AKA: Miller Park.

I've seen your attempts to grow a beard.

Excuse me while I laugh.

Hence "parallel dimension Travis."

Who are you, the new Bon Iver?

I always wondered where in Wisconsin he went to record that album. I always wanted to know if it was anywhere I'd heard of or even been.

In reality, he probably snorted too much cocaine at a Brooklyn discotheque one night and went to chill out in the Adirondacks. Wisconsin just sounds more authentic.

(The girl was actually a pink elephant.)

Did he also play Bernie Brewer for an inning?

Best part of Brewer games - Roll Out the Barrel during the 7th inning stretch!

:heart:

this is on our list of potential-but-not-really-though-it-would-be-funny-wedding-songs-should-we-move-into-DC.

So glad a lot of idiots back in the heyday of Limewire mistagged that as a Springsteen song, or I might not know it now.

Did he also play Bernie Brewer for an inning?

Best part of Brewer games - Roll Out the Barrel during the 7th inning stretch!

No, but he won a lawsuit against Randall Simon after "Sausagegate" YouTube - Sausagegate

I've never been to Miller Park, it sounds like so much fun. Hopefully Travis, my sister, and I are going for the June series against the Cubs this summer.

I'd like to walk down the aisle to Brian Eno's "Baby's On Fire."

And then make the grand entrance at the reception to that one bit from Carmina Burana.

Baby's on fi-yahhhhh!

Better throw her in the wat-ahhhhh!

It's pretty awesome.

I think I've been to Miller Park once since it opened. Went to many games at the old County Stadium.

It's all about the tailgate parties. Nothing like being on hot asphalt, surrounded by tons of metal in cars and trucks, and everyone grilling, when it's 90 degrees out.

I love thinking of completely weird or inappropriate songs to have at my hypothetical wedding.

here's one that's currently in the running for us:

YouTube - On the Wings of Love - Jeffrey Osborne With Lyrics

also, we'll write our own vows, and mine will be:

Memphis, with this ring, i promise
i'm never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down
never gonna run around and desert you
never gonna make you cry
never gonna say goodbye
never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

here's one that's currently in the running for us:

YouTube - On the Wings of Love - Jeffrey Osborne With Lyrics