shear brilliance: a rock oddysessy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
i'm forming a band. i don't know how to sing, write music, or an instrument. (ok, that's a lie. i've been taking beginning guitar for three months.) don't know anything about music or the music industry. got a shot right ear. and no friends.

what's our genre? (ie, product category)
what's our sound? what's our image? (ie, b(r)and positioning)
what's our b(r)and? (ie, a band is a brand; and brand is king.)
dunno.

an audiophile's wet dream: put bad poetry in barely tolerable elevator Muzak.

my first single will be a rhythmic one power chord rock ballad... so solemn and monotone... Mtv teenyboppers will think it's brilliant.

when i finally master my second chord on the guitar.... i will rip off Bob Dylan songs and make them my own with a White Stripes edge.

by the time i learn my third chord, i will start a punk band with inexperienced beginner musicians like me: an Attention Deficit Drummer who has no sense of tempo... and a cool jazzcat bass player who's so lazy, he takes his time with his bass lines to come in "conveniently late"... then a lead guitar player who's all fire and no taste.

when we learn our next music lesson and our fourth chord, we'll start going into post-punk with a political stance against terrorists :S (Since it's no longer cool to rebel against the American authority, unless you're European.)

when we take our fifth music lesson and learn our fifth chord in our 3rd year existence, we'll experiment shoe-gazing pop. We'll take our $321.37 made from club performances, and buy our lead guitarist his first pedal.

sixth lesson, sixth chord; 2 years later. hire a dj. go post-nu-metal. plug in guitar to a dj module for the dj to control and manipulate guitar sounds at the dj's discretion.

7th lesson, seventh chord; 4 months later. numetal's dead. move on to space post-rock... throw out all our conventional instruments and just find electronic equipment to tweak and make indecipherable sounds.

by the time we're all 75 years old, deaf, and dyscoordinated... we all finally mastered our instruments... and no more lessons or learning chords... we play avant-garde folk soft rock music a la James Taylor meets John Cage.

oh yeah, we'll also mobilize hardcore fans to do marketing and promotions... tour across the nation and making disciples out of fans... and we'll be like the Beatles-- bigger than than... well you know.

the lineup:
drummer- "Twitchy"
bass - "Slug"
guitar - "mastervader"
me - "Big O" (named after deeply soulful, loud tenor voice when set up to a mic)

In the spirit of rock 'n' roll--
The virtual essence of rocknroll--
A name, even dj's would blush before pronouncing over the air waves.
The explosive chemistry of musicians--
We shall be known as COITUS.
And we will take the world by storm.

Last edited:
I better read this tomorrow when I'm sober...or maybe not :hmm:

We shall be known as COITUS.
And we will take the world by storm.

for those about to rock...we salute you :headbangersmilie:

I don't want to read all of that right now.

I will later though.

I WILL!

Don't look at me like I'm a liar.

:mad:

Back
Top Bottom