Setlist Discussion Part II - Spoilers Allowed, Enter At Your Own Risk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw clips of audience interaction during UTEOTW....'bout time!.....this song screams for Edge/Bono interactions and the occasional biting audience members.

I saw clips of audience interaction during UTEOTW....'bout time!.....this song screams for Edge/Bono interactions and the occasional biting audience members.
I think initially there were COVID concerns, so the interaction was limited.

But, uh, I think they've all had it by now so hey time to loosen up the reigns!

Ditto…was with you there. :wave:

Round #2 in feb - hoping for a mid-set mix up btwn now and then.

Going back 12/1 and 12/2 and hoping that the break will allow them some time to try a new mid section. It won't happen, but I can hope.

My stats are fun.

* First time I didn't see Pride live
* I've seen Acrobat played live an equal amount of times to the amount of times I've seen Streets played live.

My "favorite" stat is that I have seen 36 shows plus one Surrender. I have heard Vertigo 39 times. :lol:

Beautiful Day: 37 times. Pride: 36 out of 36. All of these beating Streets (35) and

Going back 12/1 and 12/2 and hoping that the break will allow them some time to try a new mid section. It won't happen, but I can hope.

My "favorite" stat is that I have seen 36 shows plus one Surrender. I have heard Vertigo 39 times. :lol:

Beautiful Day: 37 times. Pride: 36 out of 36. All of these beating Streets (35) and

right there with you lol

i've seen U2 29 times in total - but 26 since Vertigo debuted.

I've seen Vertigo played 28 times.

My stats are fun.

* First time I didn't see Pride live
* I've seen Acrobat played live an equal amount of times to the amount of times I've seen Streets played live.

In the same boat as you on both stats! Guessing we have a similar concert history.

Where'd y'all get all those double Vertigos? European Vertigo tour?

2005-05-21 - Madison Square Garden - New York, New York, USA
2005-06-24 - Dublin, Ireland - Croke Park
2005-06-25 - Dublin, Ireland - Croke Park
2005-06-27 - Dublin, Ireland - Croke Park

Was wondering about this. Maybe they were recording or something. I don't think that happened in SoCal.

Nah, not recording... It was done as an homage to their "punk" roots/when they didn't have enough songs and repeated a song at the end of the setlist/encore in the true opera tradition of repeating a song...

Vertigo on Vertigo tour was quite fun. Felt like a bit of a ride.

I am shocked that they are not trying to make us barf by doing video at the Sphere in the same vein as to what we had during that tour. :lol:

I am about to attend my 7th show since 2011 and I believe Bono has been at every one of them.

I am about to attend my 7th show since 2011 and I believe Bono has been at every one of them.

Had to go back and check... my stats are 2 shows without Larry. Bono, Edge and Adam were at all the other ones though. :hmm:

:wink:

Bono, Edge and Adam were at all the other ones though. :hmm:
:wink:
Bono did have to cancel the one show a while back due to vocal issues.....does that count?

And the one show with Adam's tech for Zoo TV.

I was thinking about this today. The U2 performance consistency over the years and their massive catalogue and the many demos that most likely exist.

And the Beatles today with the new song! Macca and Ringo are using tech to isolate Lennon's vocals for a new song from an old demo.

What if U2 needed a Bono vocal?....the Peter Jackson technology is now making it possible for lower quality recordings to be utilized.

I don't want to think about what that would mean though.

Last edited:
Bono did have to cancel the one show a while back due to vocal issues.....does that count?

Yeah, I think it was somewhere in Germany? And then this: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...ll-bonos-shoes-at-times-square-benefit-69823/

What if U2 needed a Bono vocal?....the Peter Jackson technology is now making it possible for lower quality recordings to be utilized.

I don't want to think about what that would mean though.

Me neither. :no:

Apparently Bono pulled a Bad last night. He went down into the rail gap during UTEOTW. Video is on FB group.

Yeah I saw this too. It's what this song has been missing. Everyone loves an occasional crowd interaction /Bono bite and the interplay with The Edge.

Back
Top Bottom