Setlist Discussion Part II - Spoilers Allowed, Enter At Your Own Risk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Think they are talking about the ending. But I think it's more a LA, LAHHH, LA, LAAAHH, LAHHH

LIB is probably my favorite live song of theirs and was lucky to see them do it 3 times on ZooTV. I don't like Bono yelling EDGE at the end. At some shows getting the crowd chanting EDGE. To me it totally breaks the atmosphere that has been building up over 4 minutes and kinda ruins the beauty going on.

Last edited:
He yells it when the solo is at its end most of the time. It is done tastefully. No big harm.

The nitpicking is reaching its boiling point.

He yells it when the solo is at its end most of the time. It is done tastefully. No big harm.

The nitpicking is reaching its boiling point.

He's just making sure we all appreciate his man to an appropriate level. YEAH, YOU'D BETTER CHEER FOR EDGE. -bono

Forgot to mention earlier, I read over the woman in front of me's shoulder during So Cruel, and she wrote:

"Not impressed. They barely used the screen and they're barely playing any singles I know."

like sure, even I thought the R&H section was too much, but its like dawg, you paid $400 for the achtung baby concert lmao.

Forgot to mention earlier, I read over the woman in front of me's shoulder during So Cruel, and she wrote:

"Not impressed. They barely used the screen and they're barely playing any singles I know."

like sure, even I thought the R&H section was too much, but its like dawg, you paid $400 for the achtung baby concert lmao.

I almost forgot about this, but one of the first two shows, this guy in front of me was writing (with tons of mistakes) all the pre-show songs on his phone. The only mistake one I can remember was Vida Las Vegas, but there were worse ones. /random

Excellent write up!

It's very weird for me to also come away from something as "pure magic" but also have a shit load of notes. I don't think anything they ever do ever again can compare to the feeling of the cement blocks separating during Zoo Station to reveal the high def video feeds of the band, with Bono spinning in the middle. Just an unreal experience. I absolutely wish they did more, and I think the R&H section needed to go yesterday, but overall, just a thrilling piece of concert.

This! Edge’s side about 7 back to start just losing my mind, Zoo Station has such a natural engine to it! So exciting. Actually had to take a moment after Real Thing in bathroom, all those moving parts made me feel like I was in a wave. Further away when I got back but loved absolutely every minute of it. Set definitely loses air, somewhere, so it’s tough getting everyone back in, but where can they can go you think, with it, now?

Overall, impeccable show. Streets especially powerful, and during LIB the blue and then bugs are just SURREAL down there. Sometimes it feels like the roof is open. I keep saying to people, especially down in GA , you’re not at a show anymore with Sphere, you’re in one! I wish I could go back.

After all the reports of casuals in Vegas I felt the crowd was really into it. People singing along to not just the classics but the deeper cuts too.

It looked like most of the levels everyone was standing except the 400 section where pretty much everyone was sitting - and fair enough, really steep and not much space between you and the person in front of you. I almost lost my balance passing in front of people to get to the bathroom before the show and I saw someone behind me get caught before he nearly fell over. It's pretty precarious. But people were dancing in their seats and Bono let the whole place carry the chorus to TTTYAATW and AIWIY.

Weirdest thing I saw was a couple where the woman was super into it - singing and dancing to every song - and they left during So Cruel, to grab a drink or pee I thought, but never came back. Some people are just weird.

Is it just me or in the middle of that LIB solo does Edge get close to part of the solo from Please? About halfway through.

Given the state of the world, could there be a better addition to the set than Please?

Just rewatched the 1997 VMA performance last night — so good.

Not sure where it would fit into the set list, and this crowd really isn’t there for the politics. But …

Weirdest thing I saw was a couple where the woman was super into it - singing and dancing to every song - and they left during So Cruel, to grab a drink or pee I thought, but never came back. Some people are just weird.

Maybe they saw different empty seats that they wanted to sit in. Lots of people were doing that at a recent Springsteen show I attended.

Maybe they saw different empty seats that they wanted to sit in. Lots of people were doing that at a recent Springsteen show I attended.

That’s true. It didn’t look like there were very many empty seats available (if any) but I guess I wasn’t looking.

Given the state of the world, could there be a better addition to the set than Please?

Just rewatched the 1997 VMA performance last night — so good.

Not sure where it would fit into the set list, and this crowd really isn’t there for the politics. But …

A full-on version of Please with full-on visuals in the Sphere would be sooooooo incredible

They didn’t play Discotheque inside a giant ball in Las Vegas. They probably don’t remember Please exists.

Bono mentioned that Bram became a fan with Pop… in 1998. Reader, my eyes rolled.

So I reckon we are set for a rotation of AIWIY, Desire, AOH, LRM, SHF, Pride and WLCTT for the next three shows, and MAYBE the break will give them pause to inject some variation based on known rehearsals. Zooropa focus, Bad - they have done mid-late 80s to death at this point - go earlier or later, but I think they can leave that stuff behind now.

They didn’t play Discotheque inside a giant ball in Las Vegas. They probably don’t remember Please exists.

Turning the whole Sphere into a mirrorball for that song would be brilliant, and they could have it a reflect a virtual CGI audience for added mindfuckery.

Of course, they're dumb. Just feed the sheep Elevation for the 100th time instead.

I would adore it if they dropped some of the R&H and encore stuff for Zooropa/Pop, but, if that happened and I wasn't there in person, I think it would crush me knowing I got Elevation instead.

they have done mid-late 80s to death at this point - go earlier or later, but I think they can leave that stuff behind now.

I really think they are pushing the Vegas/ Americana story for these shows and their current lookie loo Sphere audiences. I see a ton of missed opportunities, but don't blame them for sticking to this set list. I can see why....

Elevation again tonight, woo hoo!

I can finally read setlist spoilers but something tells me it's been pretty standard fare. Please is one of my all time favorites, would be awesome in the Sphere.

Lots of people in the GA who are there to just be there, because it's Las Vegas. Non stop talking and no recognition of the better songs. I had to do lots of moving around. Won't say I regret going, but I'd much rather see them in the state where I live.

I liked when Bono added the Landlady snippets to the song with the balloon, sorry I'm so tired that I can't even remember which song that was. I love Landlady.

He said many family members were there tonight, so maybe Ali was.

I liked when Bono added the Landlady snippets to the song with the balloon, sorry I'm so tired that I can't even remember which song that was. I love Landlady.

Glad you got to go and see it!

The armchair fans are a bit jaded about the static middle set mainly because on the first couple of nights Bono talked about the turntable set being a focus on a different album each night. Through 15 shows it’s been rattle and hum almost exclusively with a bit of SHF or pride thrown in occasionally.

Rumours before the tour were that five Zooropa songs had been rehearsed and the thought was maybe they would highlight lesser known albums. Then it never showed up. When Pride was being rehearsed, so was Bad and we thought TUF would be next, but then SHF showed up and rattle and hum songs rounded out the set.

All things considered, it’s been great to see them dust of Love Rescue Me in the same show they are playing So Cruel and Acrobat. I was at the show in Sydney on 360 where it was played for the first time in 20 years. I hadn’t seen rumours beforehand and it was beyond exciting.

All things considered, AB in full, the visuals and some nice rarities in the middle (despite the lack of follow through on the promise of a focus on a different album each night) it has been a phenomenal “tour”.

Aaaaaaa, I'm gonna have to dl this bootleg.

If Zooropa gets a turntable spot I'm going to eat the cash and go.

The problem with the R&H set is its an energy suck. I, of course, loved it, but I certainly felt a huge momentum loss.

PITNOL has been played twice through this run. I was there for both, cause of course. :sad:

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom