September 20, 21 Gillette Stadium, Foxboro Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I myself think the idea of fans making a numbering system early is great,but the way it is often executed is disgusting. It is usually done to suit the needs of a small group of people who often go to a hotel or home and sleep and shower and eat well and drink, and then show up after other people have been waiting in line for 10 plus hours and suddenly say they were numbers 1-20 from last night.

I'm not sure how many of these lines you've been in, but the people up front have usually been in line a lot longer than 10 hours. None of them shows up at the end of the day saying they're number 1-20, these lines don't work that way.

I'm not sure how many of these lines you've been in, but the people up front have usually been in line a lot longer than 10 hours. None of them shows up at the end of the day saying they're number 1-20, these lines don't work that way.

I have been in many and I have organized some, and most of the people past #100 don't even realize that they have been screwed, and it's often the same group of people that were doing it to them. I actually don't camp out or wait more than a few hours anymore because I still always get a great spot by showing up 1-2 hours before the show, and I feel much healthier and cleaner.

So if you've organized some, why are you criticizing other people for organizing this line?

On this tour (including Europe), the hours that people have put in these lines is incredible. No one is showing up at the last minute claiming a spot up front.

So if you've organized some, why are you criticizing other people for organizing this line?

On this tour (including Europe), the hours that people have put in these lines is incredible. No one is showing up at the last minute claiming a spot up front.

I'm not criticizing, I'm giving my opinion as someone who has seen both perspectives, if you don't like it, I'm not forcing you to do anything. Truth is, the system has changed a lot during the vertigo tour with the lottery system, and even more so during this tour with stadiums instead of arenas. In my opinion, you can put in a ton of hours and then I will show up, wait an hour, and stand next to you at the show, so what did you earn from your hours of dedication other than lack of sleep, sore muscles, and lack of cleanliness? Just saying. This has nothing to do with cutting in front of people, just the way the system is now, I have arrived at enough shows 1-2 hours before showtime and ended up on the GA floor next to people who camped out from the night before. Then again, if you love camping out, good for you, the majority of people are nice, just look out for those who try to make friends with you and then disappear only to return by showtime.

the wristbands ultimately mean nothing and if some random folks get in line tomorrow before folks with wristbands do, end up ahead and are told to move back, expect there to be some chaos

I was there earlier and they told me the same thing. They lady in front of the gate of where we line up tomorrow told them they could stay on the steps until 1am. They are staying at the hotel that is right there. Allison they lady with the megaphone told the secruity at the stadium that they are fools into thinking that nobody would show up till 3pm. BTW, I'm #26. The people running the line politely asked me to keep it on the DL because they don't want a ton of people hanging around now

Hey Laura, I got #25 so I must have just missed you today.
Sorry I missed everyone at the meet up but no sitter so I;ll see you all in the am. Please keep posted about soundcheck!:wave:

I guess it was inevitable but lining up tonight is just crazy. I wish they had told the people no they couldn't hang out there. I was hoping this kind of craziness would be avoided. Oh well, we'll be there around noon tomorrow. Resting up in the hotel tonight!

I've been looking at the various show experience threads and it really doesn't seem all that important to line up for god knows how many hours to get a good spot this time around. It seems to be more of a case of "this is what you do at U2 shows" than any logical reason. But as long as the people doing it enjoy it, it's fine.

Great photos Laura. I was tempted to take a drive out there today and check things out, but I was too lazy to drag myself out of bed.

This time tomorrow the guys will be on stage and we'll be singing and dancing along with them. :D

Are you all trying to say that if I follow the rules, show up when I'm supposed to, and end up first in line, I could be kicked out by a bunch of fans with unofficial wristbands?

I'm sorry, but that does not work with me!

Besides, too little, too late... Perhaps if this were planned days in advance so folks like me could plan a ride to & fro & all that then great, but it seems like it only benefits a select group of people.

Completely unfair.

Are you all trying to say that if I follow the rules, show up when I'm supposed to, and end up first in line, I could be kicked out by a bunch of fans with unofficial wristbands?

Besides, too little, too late... Perhaps if this were planned days in advance so folks like me could plan a ride to & fro & all that then great, but it seems like it only benefits a select group of people.

Completely unfair.

:up:

I totally agree

From past experiences with Patriots games, and a knowledge of how things work for soccer games @ Gillette I can add a few things. The Craft family (Patriots owners), working with the local government will, from here on out be tightening up big time when concerts happen @ Gillette. As Im sure someone mentioned earlier in this thread, without going as far back, there was a TON of underage drinking before the "Country Fest" or whatever its been called 2 years ago and an underage girl killed her friend/ passenger in the car on the ride home from here as a result of drunk driving. Since that time, and they have had another country concert, things have changed a lot. If they say they wont open the gates until 3, thats how it is. If you want to stand out on 495 maybe you can do that at 12 but you wont be getting in the parking lot. If you try to go (drive) to a store in Patriots place, on ANY event day, you are given a special sticker/card to put in your car and you MUST leave by a certain time. How they intend to get everyone off the street is beyond me, but if you call their admin. number they claim no wristbands will be handed out prior to lining up. You had better believe that as a Mass. resident I will file some kind of complaint if I see that people have stood in line for hours and someone comes to the front of the line with a wristband from a night before when there was no announcement. I wouldnt be all that suprised if someone, be it a group of workers or some staff were messing with people by handing out numbers or something but I doubt its credible. The outpouring of rage from both parents and residents was HUGE after the incident 2 years ago. People wont put up with anything from people down there anymore and the police will make sure this doesnt get ugly.

Unless all those people who got wristbands tonight are the very first people in line at 3pm when the lot opens, their 'numbers in line' are null and void. Whomever gets there first in line at 3pm when they allow the line to start is first, and so on, as people get in line. If a bunch of people think they can show up and claim a closer spot in line because they made up faux wristbands and proclaimed themselves first the evening prior, they're sadly mistaken. If they want to be there at 3pm, fine, get in line like everyone else. If the first 50 people in line at 3pm are not the people who 'lined up' the night before-tough. People from MA, and New England, for that matter, have no problem telling someone else exactly how their evening line up doesn;t mean squat.
If they want to do it because it's a chance to gather and be excited about the concert and chat and make new friends, then fine. But I seriously hope no one tries to lay claim to an early spot in line without actually getting that spot in line at 3pm tomorrow.
Imagine the thousands disappointed that they're being so strict about the 3pm line up. Then imagine 100 people trying to get in front of the ones who played by the 3pm rules. Chaos.

Milford

Laura, awesome pictures. We are in Milford, there are some german U2 fans a couple doors down. Any interferers staying in Milford?

Yup, coming in from La Quinta Inn in Milford. Let me know if you want to carpool and share the ridiculous parking fee (there's 2 of us - our car can fit 5).

PM Me.

Ok. So, I got mixed things about this line. The one person said not to broadcast it, while every one else wants it to be known that there is a GA system started.

1) Can we all say a little thank you to the weather gods for the next two days!!! Its going to be sunny & dry!! 70's during the day, 50's at night.

2) No setlist party for us.... ! Woo hoo!!

I still cant believe when I wake up tomorrow, it will be THE DAY!!! :hyper::heart::hyper::heart::hyper:

Have fun everyone!!!!

Completely unfair.

They didn't honor the wristbands in Chicago. I highly doubt they will honor them in Foxboro with the rules they have in place.

Ok. So, I got mixed things about this line. The one person said not to broadcast it, while every one else wants it to be known that there is a GA system started.

The simple fact that some folks do not want it broadcast is HIGHLY SUSPECT to me.

If it was really meant to help everyone in GA out, wouldn't you want everyone to know? Wouldn't you have already contacted Gillette Security and/or U2 Security to make it official? Wouldn't you want U2.com to post an official announcement for ALL fans to see?

Where's the equality here?

Bono would not approve.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:
003-2.jpg

These are pics I took today

Oh myyyyyyyyy!!! VERY excited to see the Claw on home turf!! LOL

Thank you for posting these photos!
:applaud::applaud::applaud:

1) Can we all say a little thank you to the weather gods for the next two days!!! Its going to be sunny & dry!! 70's during the day, 50's at night.

2) No setlist party for us.... ! Woo hoo!!

I still cant believe when I wake up tomorrow, it will be THE DAY!!! :hyper::heart::hyper::heart::hyper:

Have fun everyone!!!!

Totally lucked out with the weather this weekend and last in Chicago!!!:hyper:

It is cool outside right now though...i could see my breath! Brrrrr!

Jem and I changed our minds and went to the meetup tonight. It was a blast! So glad I went! Drinks were great and not as pricey as I had expected. I was a little tipsy because I drank my mai tais a bit too fast. :drunk: Met some awesome interferencers. Had fun trading U2 stories too. :) Thanks again to cruzila for giving us a ride to and from there. :up:

Today is the day!!!! I'm tired, but I can't sleep! :hyper:

The simple fact that some folks do not want it broadcast is HIGHLY SUSPECT to me.

If it was really meant to help everyone in GA out, wouldn't you want everyone to know? Wouldn't you have already contacted Gillette Security and/or U2 Security to make it official? Wouldn't you want U2.com to post an official announcement for ALL fans to see?

Where's the equality here?

Bono would not approve.

Just sayin'.

Maybe you missed the subtle difference between "one person" and "everyone else".

U2 fans are going to queue up overnight before the concert. This is so bloody obvious it's farcical that venues don't make allowances for it beyond banishing the queue to illicitly sort themselves out somewhere away from the stadium, thereby creating flashpoints for those who arrive at the official time and those who arrived earlier.

Lovely to meet y'all at the bar in Foxboro earlier! Seems like most of the states of the US are gonna be represented tomorrow!

Wow i just woke up to all this line up nonsense! This is even crazier than the 3pm line up bs.

Do we know the camera policy yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom