September 16, 17, Rogers Centre, Toronto Canada - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Toronto pretty good for taxi's being around the venue at the end of teh night? I just don't want to get stuck looking for one.

Yes you will get a lot of taxis. No probs, you can also walk a bit down to Union Station and you will get even more taxis. Where do you have to commute to

U2 360° Tour

Sept. 16 & 17, 2009

Guest Information ...

Thank you for purchasing tickets to the U2 360° Tour. Rogers Centre is thrilled to be hosting the Grammy nominated and platinum-selling artists in what will be the concert experience of the year!

Below is some important information about the upcoming concert. We look forward to seeing you at Rogers Centre - enjoy the show ...

About The Show: This show has been described as "spectacular" and any other description of the show will not do this marvel of production justice. Lucky for you, you'll get to see it live! Here are some interesting tidbits of information to tie you over until show time:

- The stage has no defined front or back and is surrounded on all sides by the audience. The stage design also includes a cylindrical video screen.

- The inspiration for the design, nicknamed "the Claw", came from the landmark Theme Building in Los Angeles. The stage is built by the Belgian company Stageco, and construction requires the use of high-pressure and innovative hydraulic systems.

- The steel structure will be 164 feet tall and can hold up to 200 tonnes underneath it.

Opening Acts: Taking the stage at 7:00 p.m. is Snow Patrol. In 2003, they released their first album Final Straw which surpassed 4x platinum sales in the UK. Following it up with international success in 2006, when Eyes Open sold 4.7 million copies worldwide. The songs "Run", "Chasing Cars" and "Signal Fire" are among the band's biggest hits. Snow Patrol have been nominated for three BRIT Awards and have won five Meteor Ireland Music Awards. In 2008, the band released their fifth studio album A Hundred Million Suns. Worldwide, the band has sold over 7 million albums. Arrive early to make sure you leave plenty of time for gate entry so you don't miss any of Snow Patrol's performance.

Getting to Rogers Centre and Drop-offs: With over 58,000 fans set to descend upon Rogers Centre, public transit will be your best bet. For directions for both public tranit and parking, please click here. Limited underground parking is available off Bremner Blvd., across from Gate 8. Please note that the area surrounding Rogers Centre will be extremely congested. Unless arriving early, you will be best served by parking further away from the building and walking to Rogers Centre to avoid traffic.

Entrance Gates and Seat Map: Gates open at 5:00 p.m., two hours prior to the start of the performances. To help ease access to the venue and ensure guests find their seats quickly, please arrive early and enter only via the gate marked on your ticket. Gate 7 is available for special needs guests. Click here to see the seat map for the event.

Roof Status: Bring a jacket as the roof may be open for the concert, weather permitting.

Posters, Banners, Gifts etc.: We know that U2 fans are very passionate. For the safety and enjoyment of all guests, including sightline concerns, you will not be permitted to bring posters, banners and other such items inside Rogers Centre. Please note any gifts will be collected at the gate, prior to entrance.

Food and Beverage: Take in the opening acts and enjoy delicious food from our remodeled and upgraded concession stands or come early and enjoy a Pre-Show Dinner in the HSBC Club VIP (Level 200). Full hot and cold buffet including fresh salads, artisan breads, carving station, chef's action station, along with a selection of hot entrée items and a fabulous array of signature desserts. Price is $49.95 per person plus applicable taxes and seating is on a first come first serve basis. Groups of up to 8 guests can be accommodated. Full bar and lounge is also available. For reservations, please call 416-341-2600.

Restrictions: Please be advised that the following items are prohibited: video cameras, professional cameras, recording devices, laser pointing devices, cans, glass bottles, banners, flags, flagpoles, balloons, beach balls and any weapons. Please note that guests may be subject to a search upon entrance into Rogers Centre.

Floor General Admission (GA) Tickets: For your own safety and for the enjoyment of all floor guests, please respect those in the space around you during the show. Gates 1 and 15 will be the only entrances to access the GA Floor. All floor guests will receive a wristband distributed upon entrance to access the field.

Smoking Policy: Please be reminded that Rogers Centre is a non-smoking facility.

what do they mean by weather permitting
Tonight
A few clouds. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low 14.

Tuesday
Sunny with cloudy periods. Wind becoming north 20 km/h in the afternoon. High 22. UV index 6 or high.

Tuesday night
Clear. Wind north 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Low 10.

Wednesday
Sunny. High 20.

Thursday
A mix of sun and cloud. Low 12. High 20.

Friday
Cloudy. Low 12. High 21.

Saturday
Sunny. Low 7. High 17.

Sunday
Sunny. Low 6. High 20.

they won't allow inflated beach balls

they will accept deflated beach balls....people bring as many as you can

i emailed rogers centre telling them 130000 fans would be pissed if they didnt open the roof, and that bono would love ya for it

U2 plane at Pearson International

airbus A320, 64 seater

29820614.jpg

they won't allow inflated beach balls

they will accept deflated beach balls....people bring as many as you can

i emailed rogers centre telling them 130000 fans would be pissed if they didnt open the roof, and that bono would love ya for it

can we bring condoms inflate them and bounce them around like beach balls:hmm:

What time does the band usually do their soundcheck? Where and when is the best time to try to meet the band? Before/after soundcheck? Before/after the show? Where is the best stop at the stadium to try to meet the band?

Thanks!!!!

To summarize for those who may not have caught up:

What: Toronto post-show gathering

Where: The OverDraught Irish Pub, 156 Front St. West (just below Joe Badali's) - across the street and down a bit from The Renaissance Hotel, which is attached to Roger's Centre (see link to map below)

When: Immediately after THURSDAY'S U2 show

Who: All Interferencers and their companions welcome! Seriously, come out and have a drink or two, see old friends, or meet cool new people.

from: 1 Blue Jays Way, Toronto, ON to: 156 Front St W, Toronto, ON - Google Maps

Basically, whichever gate you exit Rogers from, head to the north toward Front Street/the hotel side of the building, and then east/right down Front. The pub is on Front between Rogers Centre and The ACC.

Attendees so far:

Me and Sarah
Julie
Mia
Kaf
NSW
Drea and Jem
Bri and Paul
that Smiley dude and Mrs. Smiley
Gabe
Bomac
Beverly56
cathalmc
Wenda
Alison
Melon

If you'd like to come, please let us know by posting here, we're going to try to reserve enough tables.

Cults :love:

I no longer care about the gate issue, since it appears I have the same gate as my friends. :hyper: Gate 15 FTW!

I have to be on a 6:45am flight after the show, then go right to work from O'Hare....you can do it. Your ancestors want you to do it.

For one brief moment in time, unmeasurable by current science, I thought to myself: You are awesome.

Caps off to you.

To summarize for those who may not have caught up:

What: Toronto post-show gathering

Where: The OverDraught Irish Pub, 156 Front St. West (just below Joe Badali's) - across the street and down a bit from The Renaissance Hotel, which is attached to Roger's Centre (see link to map below)

When: Immediately after THURSDAY'S U2 show

If you'd like to come, please let us know by posting here, we're going to try to reserve enough tables.

^Too bad, I'll be back in Sudbury by that time, :sad:.

I need my fellow U2 fans help!

Tonight I was the closest to Bono I've ever been in my life..he was at the movie premiere of Neil Jordans. I was on the barricade I waited for two hours and I had my U2 dvd cover (had a feeling I should bring it). Well Bono came out stood right in front of me and totally skipped my dvd cover..and I had addressed him and everything...maybe he didn't hear me... But I'm really sad now. I've always wanted to meet him and I don't know how to accomplish that now. I thought about going to the venue hours early and seeing if I could meet him..is that a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom