September 16, 17, Rogers Centre, Toronto Canada - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok im dropping tuesday out i wont be there i dont have the energy to do it. but thursday is at overdraught after the show and hell yeah im in

17th Guest list for Overdruaght

1 - Ladywithspinninghead
2 - No spoken words
3 - VintagePunk
4 - Smiley
5 - Mrs Smiley

The 17th party is at overdraught post u2 concert will the time the bar closes

So, for Thursday night at The Overdraught after the show we have:

Me and Sarah
Julie
Mia
Kaf
NSW
Drea and Jem
Bri and Paul
that Smiley dude ;) and Mrs. Smiley
Gabe
Bomac

Am I forgetting anyone?

probably the easiest thing to do would be to quote this, and add your name to the list.

Bomac. Bomac will come. Elfa is lame, so he probably won't. Sigh.

Fine, I'm not going tomorrow if no one else is! :mad:

:wink:

I just talked to more people who bought their tickets in the public sale and they have tickets stating Gate #1. Looking increasingly likely that Fan Club Members have Gate #15, not that I actually think that guarantees any preferential treatment, unfortunately.

Fine, I'm not going tomorrow if no one else is! :mad:

:wink:

I just talked to more people who bought their tickets in the public sale and they have tickets stating Gate #1. Looking increasingly likely that Fan Club Members have Gate #15, not that I actually think that guarantees any preferential treatment, unfortunately.

Aw. :lol: I'm sure I'll see you around the 'dome, and we can go over for a drink!

Me and Sarah
Julie
Mia
Kaf
NSW
Drea and Jem
Bri and Paul
that Smiley dude and Mrs. Smiley
Gabe
Bomac
Beverly

Yeah, but problem with that then is that I'm stuck with my GA. :sigh:

If you liked that photo, here's an even better one (i.e I'm out of the way so you get to see the Claw in its entire beauty!)'

DSC04609.jpg

Thank you for this awesome pic. :hug:
All day at work I was hoping that there would be a picture of The Claw at Rogers!!! woohoo! It is now my desktop.:applaud:

Hmm...well, I bought mine in the fan club sale, and got Gate #1.

What time do you think this will all go down on Thursday night? I have to work on Friday...heh.

By the way, how many of you are going to the Wednesday show? That's the only one I have tickets for.

Mine are both public sales and one says gate 1 another says gate 15..so who knows I don't think it really matters :shrug:

Me and Sarah
Julie
Mia
Kaf
NSW
Drea and Jem
Bri and Paul
that Smiley dude ;) and Mrs. Smiley
Gabe
Bomac
Beverly56
cathalmc

If I leave anyone off the list, I apologize, it's not intentional. I'm so scatterbrained right now. :reject: Just stick yourself on it.

got this in my email from rogers

Thank you for purchasing tickets to the U2 360° Tour. Rogers Centre is thrilled to be hosting the Grammy nominated and platinum-selling artists in what will be the concert experience of the year!

Below is some important information about the upcoming concert. We look forward to seeing you at Rogers Centre - enjoy the show ...

About The Show: This show has been described as "spectacular" and any other description of the show will not do this marvel of production justice. Lucky for you, you'll get to see it live! Here are some interesting tidbits of information to tie you over until show time:

- The stage has no defined front or back and is surrounded on all sides by the audience. The stage design also includes a cylindrical video screen.

- The inspiration for the design, nicknamed "the Claw", came from the landmark Theme Building in Los Angeles. The stage is built by the Belgian company Stageco, and construction requires the use of high-pressure and innovative hydraulic systems.

- The steel structure will be 164 feet tall and can hold up to 200 tonnes underneath it.

Opening Acts: Taking the stage at 7:00 p.m. is Snow Patrol. In 2003, they released their first album Final Straw which surpassed 4x platinum sales in the UK. Following it up with international success in 2006, when Eyes Open sold 4.7 million copies worldwide. The songs "Run", "Chasing Cars" and "Signal Fire" are among the band's biggest hits. Snow Patrol have been nominated for three BRIT Awards and have won five Meteor Ireland Music Awards. In 2008, the band released their fifth studio album A Hundred Million Suns. Worldwide, the band has sold over 7 million albums. Arrive early to make sure you leave plenty of time for gate entry so you don't miss any of Snow Patrol's performance.

Getting to Rogers Centre and Drop-offs: With over 58,000 fans set to descend upon Rogers Centre, public transit will be your best bet. For directions for both public tranit and parking, please click here. Limited underground parking is available off Bremner Blvd., across from Gate 8. Please note that the area surrounding Rogers Centre will be extremely congested. Unless arriving early, you will be best served by parking further away from the building and walking to Rogers Centre to avoid traffic.

Entrance Gates and Seat Map: Gates open at 5:00 p.m., two hours prior to the start of the performances. To help ease access to the venue and ensure guests find their seats quickly, please arrive early and enter only via the gate marked on your ticket. Gate 7 is available for special needs guests. Click here to see the seat map for the event.

Roof Status: Bring a jacket as the roof may be open for the concert, weather permitting.

Posters, Banners, Gifts etc.: We know that U2 fans are very passionate. For the safety and enjoyment of all guests, including sightline concerns, you will not be permitted to bring posters, banners and other such items inside Rogers Centre. Please note any gifts will be collected at the gate, prior to entrance.

Food and Beverage: Take in the opening acts and enjoy delicious food from our remodeled and upgraded concession stands or come early and enjoy a Pre-Show Dinner in the HSBC Club VIP (Level 200). Full hot and cold buffet including fresh salads, artisan breads, carving station, chef's action station, along with a selection of hot entrée items and a fabulous array of signature desserts. Price is $49.95 per person plus applicable taxes and seating is on a first come first serve basis. Groups of up to 8 guests can be accommodated. Full bar and lounge is also available. For reservations, please call 416-341-2600.

Restrictions: Please be advised that the following items are prohibited: video cameras, professional cameras, recording devices, laser pointing devices, cans, glass bottles, banners, flags, flagpoles, balloons, beach balls and any weapons. Please note that guests may be subject to a search upon entrance into Rogers Centre.

Floor General Admission (GA) Tickets: For your own safety and for the enjoyment of all floor guests, please respect those in the space around you during the show. Gates 1 and 15 will be the only entrances to access the GA Floor. All floor guests will receive a wristband distributed upon entrance to access the field.

Smoking Policy: Please be reminded that Rogers Centre is a non-smoking facility.

One of the guys building the stage said 'the roof might be open BECAUSE U2 HAS REQUESTED IT BE OPEN'; he said this would improve the acoustics/sound.

I totally hope this is true. Been to several concerts over the years when it was formerly known as SKYDOME and have never been to a concert with the roof open ever. Has anyone been to a concert where the roof was opened? If so which musical artist was it for?

It's only recently with bands like COLDPLAY that the Rogers Centre has been used as a concert venue again. They simply got used to using the Air Canada Centre because it's been known to have much better sound that the Rogers Centre.

Didn't act quick enough to get tix for the 16th, but I'll see everyone on the 17th. :up::up:

We're going to see if we can reserve tables. Just ask for the Interference gang. :)

Me and Sarah
Julie
Mia
Kaf
NSW
Drea and Jem
Bri and Paul
Gabe
Bomac
Beverly56
cathalmc
Wenda
Alison

Heh...well, count me in, I guess. I can't promise that I'll be able to stay long, but I'd love to, at least, stick around for a drink or two and meet you all.

Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
We're going to see if we can reserve tables. Just ask for the Interference gang.

Me and Sarah
Julie
Mia
Kaf
NSW
Drea and Jem
Bri and Paul
Gabe
Bomac
Beverly56
cathalmc