September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART FOUR!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seth, Dan and everyone else going to the show- Have a great time! And keep updating us, please! :hyper: :hyper:

cameras?

Does everyone have their cameras with them? I have an old, clunky, chunky digital that I want to bring but am not sure how that'll go down @ security... thanks!

Seth, Dan and everyone else going to the show- Have a great time! And keep updating us, please! :hyper: :hyper:

Sdunn:wave:

Thanks

My only problem is once we leave the hotel room I will be Laptopless:ohmy:

I do not have the patience to learn how to do things via a phone:der:

Does everyone have their cameras with them? I have an old, clunky, chunky digital that I want to bring but am not sure how that'll go down @ security... thanks!

KitKat:wave:

We have a small digital camera/video thingy w/ us & I have heard small camera's with lenses no bigger than three inches will be fine but I hope that is correct:ohmy:

:wave:

In case anyone missed the earlier post

3p.m. today outside Oprah Winfrey's Studio there will be a Block Party for 90 Minutes w/ VertigoUSA U2 Tribute Band that are really really good:up:

Greg(The Edge) told me last night

"Bono might might might be there....." again I stress the word

MIGHT:ohmy:

Washington Street I believe from what Google said

:wave:

In case anyone missed the earlier post

3p.m. today outside Oprah Winfrey's Studio there will be a Block Party for 90 Minutes w/ VertigoUSA U2 Tribute Band that are really really good:up:

Greg(The Edge) told me last night

"Bono might might might be there....." again I stress the word

MIGHT:ohmy:

Washington Street I believe from what Google said

they performed at my bar mitzvah :up:

You are the young guy right?

How is it going so far? Aren't you in the GA Line now?

Saw VertigoUSA twice this year in Fisher's Indiana & they are really good!

Women were dancing on top of the bar:drool:

yeah im the 16 year old, and me and my friends are going tomorrow. by the looks of whats going on today, 4 AM is the way to be

Interferencer's :wave:

Those in GA Line now

Any Major Romi Sightings

Is he ok after two days and nights camping out well kinda:shh:

Can you confirm:ohmy:

10:45a.m.

Stacey just woke up

What is the first thing she asks for

"Can you drive down to Speedway & get me some coffee...":flirt::der:

She is HardCore Coffee Drinker I am talking make a pot of coffee & 9p.m. & be asleep by 11p.m. coffee drinker:ohmy:

Thanks Seth & Trev!

I can confirm that's correct.

Now maybe I can Photoshop myeslf into the claw 'cause we're still sitting in bed in the Travelodge recovering from a late night out. I guess we'll check out the Oprah studios thingy, and go from there. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I can't see myself dragging my DH into line for too long, and I've already dragged him 4 hrs from home just to be here for OPENING NIGHT!!!! woo hoo! and well, that's good enough for me! 2 years ago, that would be blasphemous talk, but hey, the whole reason for the huge 'stadium' shows is so everyone there can have a great time. Can't wait! But really, if anyone has some cheap binoculars I can buy off you lemme' know :wink:

Now maybe I can Photoshop myeslf into the claw 'cause we're still sitting in bed in the Travelodge recovering from a late night out. I guess we'll check out the Oprah studios thingy, and go from there. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I can't see myself dragging my DH into line for too long, and I've already dragged him 4 hrs from home just to be here for OPENING NIGHT!!!! woo hoo! and well, that's good enough for me! 2 years ago, that would be blasphemous talk, but hey, the whole reason for the huge 'stadium' shows is so everyone there can have a great time. Can't wait! But really, if anyone has some cheap binoculars I can buy off you lemme' know :wink:

I hear ya loud & clear I just turned 40 getting there around 5p.m. sounds good to me:up:

Are you all posting from your phones? :nerd:

Laptop in hotel room:wave:

Ok guys

I have to get ready to depart at Noon:applaud:

Full report either tonight or early tomorrow morning depending on:madwife::blahblah:

PLEASE STAND BY FOR TRANSMISSON:cabbagepatch::cabbagepatch:

Yes :D I don't know how much longer the battery is going to last.

I already ordered a backup battery for my phone($2.96 on Amazon! :hi5: )so I'll be able to post while in line. I need to have enough battery power to use my phone to call my mom and stuff, but I can't resist the blue crack/facebook. :reject:

Copied this from the previous thread--and I can't remember who posted it! :reject:
But it is so sweet! I hope you (and everyone) else have a beautiful day! We're just about to depart for the drive to CHI from west central Indiana.

"Hopping in the shower. Eating breakfast. Packing up some cool stuff to do during the day. Heading to Chicago. Getting in line around 9 AM. Hanging out by myself and other fans during the day. Dancing and singing my face off to the best show on earth. Losing my voice. Buying a t-shirt. Driving home. Doing it all again tomorrow (in the Red Zone).

And this... the day I have been waiting for - for four years. Yes, for those reading this out loud, it did sound like I said the same word three times in a row. Hopefully everything this weekend will be that awesome!"

I already ordered a backup battery for my phone($2.96 on Amazon! :hi5: )so I'll be able to post while in line. I need to have enough battery power to use my phone to call my mom and stuff, but I can't resist the blue crack/facebook. :reject:

Haha me too.. I bought an external battery backup for the iphone on ebay for like $10. :hi5:

Someone here had posted the Soldier Field rules on cameras. It said no cameras with lenses longer than 6 inches. There is nothing on the tickets that says you can't bring them in. So if stopped by security I would offer that fact if you want to bring your camera.

I am in a good spot tonight, but I decided against brining in my camera. People all over the internet are posting brilliant pictures, so I will just enjoy theirs. I have a really nice wide angle lens on my D70 now that would certainly be fun for taking shots before and during the show, but I decided to just engross myself in pure musical and visual bliss.

I might pack a camera for tomorrow night with the family.

Anyone have an idea about Will Call? Do you think it will be a zoo during the day? I would like to get their around 5 pm. Any thoughts.

I will be in Section 113 row 13 by myself tonight. If anyone is near me feel free to say hi to this newbie on the board.

Have fun and stay safe, everyone.

And this... the day I have been waiting for - for four years. Yes, for those reading this out loud, it did sound like I said the same word three times in a row. Hopefully everything this weekend will be that awesome!"

Just keep track of the first song they sing! (MsPurrl has a habit of going catatonic when the boys open the show!) :lol: Wish I were with you to keep track! :heart:

:hyper: I just woke up an hour ago in my nice comfy bed at home. We're taking the Metra in today. Gonna get there around 3:30. My mom had to have her gallbladder taken out on Tuesday, but they did it laparoscopically, so she's still able to go. We're just going to have to take a cab from LaSalle station because she's still sore. I CAN'T WAIT!!! :hyper::hyper::combust:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom