September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART FOUR!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and just to brag because I can...

Here's my Honda Civic Hybrid averaging 50 MPG (over 354.7 miles driven) on the way home from Chicago.
WOO!!! :nerd: HOO!!!

DSCF0043.jpg

Dang. We broke down like 3 times before we got home!

Looking for chris from minnesota

Hey ... I'm looking for Chris from Minnesota ... met you at the Chicago Sunday show ... you had Larry's drum head ... please send me a message if you get this ...

peace and love!

Well, I haven't made it through *every* post in this thread, but thought I'd chime in. I'm surprised to hear how bad GA was for so many people on Saturday. I can't imagine my experience being any better.
Showed up about 11:30am Saturday, friend dropped us off and went to park the car (found a free spot on the street!). Had a great time in line, played frisbee, cards, chatted.
All of my friends (there were 8 of us) commented on how amazingly well organized the GA line was. Stadium staff came by to inform us where water was, where the restrooms were, ask us if we were all doing ok.
People around us in line were very friendly, helped us carry the ridiculous amount of gear (chairs, coolers, games, food) that my friends brought when the line got a little jittery after 3pm.
Was amazed for several reasons upon entering the stadium:
  • The Claw!
  • the field seemed so small
  • no one was running or pushing...i was expecting to sprint for the stage

We were about 7 or 8 people back from the stage right in front of Edge. Again, the people around us were great and we had plenty of space. During Snow Patrol (as others have said, they were really, really good - made me a fan) I made a run for the loo and discovered how fortunate we were. Other parts of the pit were ridiculously packed. I'm not sure why this was. My apologies to kafrun, CloserToKnowing and anyone else on the back rail of the pit on Edge's side. I was the guy apologizing profusely as I stepped on toes and tried to squeeze through that mob on my way in and out. I seriously thought about telling people to follow me to some breathing room. We weren't crowed at all. We were able to jump and generally rock out without knocking anyone in the face.

I know most of you are say outside the pit is the place to be, but I definitely wouldn't have traded this. At one point I just kept turning around with band members in all directions, Bono going overhead on the bridge...Edge played his Magnificent solo almost right above us...so fun.

Loved the show...absolutely amazing. Had no idea UV would be played, Bad was great (so hilarious watching edge try unsuccessfully to get Dallas to fix his delay at the start). If I go again, I would consider hanging back by the soundboard for a different experience and to see the full claw in action. We stopped there after the show and it really didn't feel that far back.

Sorry to hear the GA line and pit didn't go this smoothly for everyone...I won't take it for granted.

can you please hurry up and post again...you are currently on 666 and it's freaking me out

-dan

The funniest thing I saw the whole time we were in ChiCLAWgo was on Saturday night Stacey & I right before One started got out of inner circle/pit & went Outside Rail Adam's side where there was actually some room... I saw these two guys one looked Mexican & the other was bald w/ a black shirt on & I am tellin you guys he had to be at least 60 y/o & he was dancin his ass off:applaud:I am talkin dancin like he was 20:up::up:

The funniest thing I saw the whole time we were in ChiCLAWgo was on Saturday night Stacey & I right before One started got out of inner circle/pit & went Outside Rail Adam's side where there was actually some room... I saw these two guys one looked Mexican & the other was bald w/ a black shirt on & I am tellin you guys he had to be at least 60 y/o & he was dancin his ass off:applaud:I am talkin dancin like he was 20:up::up:

Let's not be doggin' us old folks, Seth! :lol:

:corn:

Ok so it has officially been one week since ChiCLAWgo Uno & I still am wearing the green wristband given to me for GA on night one:shh:

Stacey said to me "take that thing off boy or I will cut it off while you are sleeping.....!!!":madwife::der:

Holy Lorena Bobbit:help:

Ok so it has officially been one week since ChiCLAWgo Uno & I still am wearing the green wristband given to me for GA on night one:shh:

Stacey said to me "take that thing off boy or I will cut it off while you are sleeping.....!!!":madwife::der:

that's funny and a little gross at the same time.

at least these wristbands are plastic, the ones in 2001 weren't and i wore them until all the color faded out, you couldn't read them and they damn near came off on their own

-dan

at least these wristbands are plastic, the ones in 2001 weren't and i wore them until all the color faded out, you couldn't read them and they damn near came off on their own

-dan

Dan:wave:

I really hope you saw my apology to you some pages back I was so frustrated/aggravated @ trying to navigate in ChiCLAWgo:huh:

Plus I should have went to The Hardrock meetup b/c The Abbey Pub's Soundboard guy must have been deaf it was so loud in there our heads were throbbing during the opening act & she & I were up in the balcony at the very back of the joint

Stacey went o/s to call the kids & said it sounded much better out there:ohmy:

how cool is it to see the pittsburgh/chicago game and be able to know what everything is in the overhead shots???

could even see the GA bridge...memories

just another :up: to mother nature for putting off the rainy weather a week

-dan

how cool is it to see the pittsburgh/chicago game and be able to know what everything is in the overhead shots???

could even see the GA bridge...memories

just another :up: to mother nature for putting off the rainy weather a week

-dan

I geeked out a little watching the Bears/Steelers game, too.

I kept thinking...If you people only knew what was there a week ago.

Now, I want to catch a Vikes/Bears game there sometime. Every seat in Soldier Field seem good.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom