Rose Bowl Show to be filmed for DVD + Webcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
has anyone heard of someone being able to capture the stream and upload it for download? i can already tell that i'm going to need a copy of this to hold me over until it actually is released. (and i would really prefer to have it on a dvd, rather than having to go to youtube to watch the clips). any info is appreciated...thanks!

from nick,

i thought the show went off very well, i don't think they should have a problem just shooting this one for the dvd, everything sounded very well except i agree ,with or without you, they should just drop this by now, by the way is there any chance the dvd will be released this year before xmas,

I thought the sound was terrible. There was so much echo at times and the sound wasn't equalized very well. I hope it's just a stream thing.

And that right there was the worst WOWY I've ever heard.

Well, its always been pretty bad. IMO if they don't do it like the r&h version, its best not to do it at all. Not a song to be messed with. Loved UC though. All in all, an okay concert, happy to have watched it.

Is there no way of watching the songs individually, or do we have to wait for Youtube to rebroadcast the entire gig before catching it from the start again? Do they have it on some kind of loop?

just back from red zone 1... terrific way to see the show... Bono was a little hoarse tonight, but he sung his heart out anyway... we showed up around 7 then went back upstairs to avoid the black eyed peas... came back down at 8 when they were off and got a spot maybe 3-4 deep from the rail, and stayed there the whole show...

I've been to 11 or 12 shows starting back in '87 and this was about as hoarse as I've heard Bono, but the show was still awesome as always, they never disappoint. Loved the set this time around. Better then Vertigo Tour. Plus ( i guess because of the movie) they played forever, prob about 2:05 - 2:10, wish all their shows were that long....

Highlights for me were ISHFWILF (what an incredible song -- especially live), UF, UTEOTW, NLOTH, MOS, and of course Streets... Crazy Tonight remix kinda fun but would have rather seen the album version...

Great, that Bono always loses his voice when they're shooting a DVD :doh:

I hope they will re-consider this and make another DVD. Bono's voice has been great throughout the tour but not so great last night. I guess that's the downside of filming a DVD at the end of the tour (and after too much partying in Vegas).

The show is not a good example for the man's singing.

Other than that, good show, but not great. I thought the audience was pretty lame.

fantastic energy, bono was bouncing all night. Sound issues are simply because the mix wasnt quite right, mastering and mixing the sound for the DVD will improve it 1000%.

I loved the lingering shots, and the fact that they balanced th perspective shots of the claw well with the necessary close-ups and performance shots.

Once this is edited, and mistakes like the cut to a random camera man and no band members for the 3 seconds when the lights explode on in the intro to streets, and the sound is fixed, this wil be an AMAZING dvd

I hope they'll only release a few songs from yesterday night. something like they did with milan. :der:

i wasn't even watching the crowd.

who the fuck does?

Exactly!

And from what I did see/hear of the crowd on the broadcast, they were jumping up and down, waving arms, applauding, cheering, and singing along. What the hell else were they supposed to do?

It wasn't a perfect show (by any means), but it sure was a fun show. Generally I remember fun shows more favourably than the perfect ones, so for me, fun is good. :yes:

Well, of course -- they aren't Europeans or South Americans. :wink:

Right :)

Seriously, I'm just saying what I saw.

Overall, very good performance by the band and, unlike many here, I really love the setlist.

But I think we have to realise that a live stream or even DVD will always be a letdown because it won't be able to capture the awsomeness of the Claw and how amazing it is when you're there in person.

Well, the crowd sucks. That's my opinion...
And yes I care about the crows, but in my opinion it makes the concert/performance better (at least while watching the dvds or live streams)

Exactly!

And from what I did see/hear of the crowd on the broadcast, they were jumping up and down, waving arms, applauding, cheering, and singing along. What the hell else were they supposed to do?

strip off and run a lap around the catwalk?? :D

Good show, not great. Bono was definately struggling more than on any bootleg (15) I've heard so far.

Crowd was good, no complaining here. I have to say this was the darkest shot I've ever seen of a 360 show. You almost didn't see any individual faces from the stands, like you see in all those audience shot videos on youtube. It was also the most 360 image I've ever seen thanks to the excellent shape of the Rose Bowl.

It will be a cool DVD, though I doubt if the 360 stage is my cup of tea on a TV screen. It really works well in a stadium, but I am not sure if I like it as much on a TV screen. It's very dynamic with all those different angles from a 360 perspective. For example, I didn't think Stuck had the intimacy that I felt in the stadium with Bono and Edge standing so far from each other (i.e. there was too much switching between different camera angles to get an intimate feeling).

OK I'll stop, I'm rambling now, I need to watch it a couple of times more on a big screen before I can judge.

Back
Top Bottom