rose bowl dvd....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
having caved in and watched a few clips on youtube (ultraviolet, streets) I am dumbstruck by how brilliant the editing and filming is...it's just...beautiful. When Bono is standing on the amps in streets, and the camera shows the masses of fans before him...MAJOR goosebumps. near tears in my eyes! Dude, this guy also happens to be the master of cross fade!

I'm wondering if U2 played 'we love you' before beautiful day at the Rose Bowl, I can't find any fan clips on youtube? shame, that was one of my highlights form the shows I saw.

having caved in and watched a few clips on youtube (ultraviolet, streets) I am dumbstruck by how brilliant the editing and filming is...it's just...beautiful. When Bono is standing on the amps in streets, and the camera shows the masses of fans before him...MAJOR goosebumps. near tears in my eyes! Dude, this guy also happens to be the master of cross fade!

I'm wondering if U2 played 'we love you' before beautiful day at the Rose Bowl, I can't find any fan clips on youtube? shame, that was one of my highlights form the shows I saw.

No, they didn't play "We Love U" in almost the entirely second leg.

Anyone in Australia managed to hunt this sucker down? I reckon you SHOULD be able to buy it today. I know JB and Ezy DVD say its due on the 4th. But more often than not you can get it at least a day beforehand.

Hey all
Well I checked my Best Buy and HMV and both were not selling them any earlier :angry: so I will get it tomorrow at my lunch, I also have some money on my iTunes so Im going to Check the iTunes store at midnight and see if they are selling them hehe :wink:
Then I can have it on my iPod forever :hyper:
I'm really excited for this!!! I will get the old DVD version because I'm a noob and don't have a blue Ray player :reject:
:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Has anybody with a Blu-Ray Player and surround sound have an issue with U2 360 Live at the Rose Bowl?

When I play the Blu-Ray on Dolby 5.1 or DTS-HD audio, the base does come through. The only setting I get the base track on is PCM-Stero.

Is anybody else seeing the same thing?

Are you using hdmi or optical input? Check the blu ray player settings you might have it at pcm instead of digital output.

I believe I had a similar issue with avatar. So I went to the blu ray player setup and saw the audio output was pcm. Changed it and the audio has never sounded better.

Anyone in Australia managed to hunt this sucker down? I reckon you SHOULD be able to buy it today. I know JB and Ezy DVD say its due on the 4th. But more often than not you can get it at least a day beforehand.

I went into Sanity this morning and they are expecting it in todays delivery, so hopefully I'll get my hands on it this arvo :)

Thought it was coming out on the 3rd but I bought it at Best Buy today ( in CT). Watched parts of it tonight(blue Ray) and I see what people are saying regarding the "quality" and it being grainy. However, I'm pretty sure the "grainy" look was intentional. I wish they left out the slow motion cuts and the fade in and outs of band members. I like a straight forward concert video like Zoo TV. If I wanted to see live versions of songs edited with effects like they did, I would watch a music video. It also looks like the colors are touched up to look brighter but it makes it look fake. I'll watch more songs and see if it grows on me ....

I like a straight forward concert video like Zoo TV. If I wanted to see live versions of songs edited with effects like they did, I would watch a music video.

Ummm, do you remember The Fly, EBTTRT or UTEOTW from ZOO TV - Sydney? LOTS of effects!

But, I completely agree with you. I like my concert DVDs straight forward and without the special effects, which by this day and age are pretty dated and kind of cheesy. I mean, Slo-Mo. Really? Come on, directors. Catch up with the times.

I wasn't able to get a copy of it today. Oh well. I'll be at Best Buy early tomorrow morning.

:reject: I just saw me and my kids in the crowd during COBL. :dance:

Yay!!!! :applaud: Looking forward to playing where's Waldo but my hopes aren't up due to the heavy contrast.

Ok so I went on YouTube to watch ONE video and that accidentally turned into seven. :reject:

needless to say, it looks AMAZINGLY magical & I can't wait to see it on a tv and not on my phone :lol:

Just got back from the U2.com-sponsored viewing party in Seattle - there were only about 6 of us there! We only half watched the DVD, since we were having fun talking about U2 and stuff, but I liked what I saw.

The TV we were watching it on was grainy and had a lot of fuzz, so I didn't get a real feel for what it looked like.

I liked some of the funky shots they did, like in Vertigo, but really wished they'd have had a long shot of the claw more often, especially when it did something spectacular, like when the lights shoot out the top during COBL. That seemed like a real missed opportunity for me.

And yes, I officially outed myself as being from "That Other Place," since everyone else there was a Zootopia member. :lol:

I was wavering on getting the Super Deluxe in order to have both DVD and Blu-Ray, but it seems like most people don't like the looks of the Blu anyway... so I'll probably save myself some money and pick up the 2 disc DVD in store tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom