rose bowl dvd....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I have the same question... The Super Deluxe Edition is going for $112.49 from the Amazon US site. Can anybody explain what's included in the various versions of the release? Thanks!

If you look back a few pages you can find the answers:

Dvd Info:

SuperDeluxe EDITION

Volume 1
32-pages hardcover book with photos, comments, pictures from the tour etc

Volume 2
Digipack DVD with concert.

Volume 3
1. Making Of - 34 minute documentary - "Squaring The Circle - Creating U2360"
2. Clips from the U2360º Tour - A selection of the best moments recorded by the video director of the tour in several cities, including Milan, Barcelona, Dublin, Rose Bowl, Chicago, Toronto, Poland.

3. A bonus track - "Breathe" live
4. Footage from opening night in Europe - Barcelona
5. Footage from opening night of the North American tour - Chicago
6. Get On Your Boots (Video)
7. Magnificent (Video)
8. I'll Go Crazy If I Do not Go Crazy Tonight (Video, O'Reilly Version)
9. I'll Go Crazy If I Do not Go Crazy Tonight (Video, Courtes Version)
10. The making Of "Get On Your Boots" - (Video)
11. The making Of "Magnificent" - (Video)

Volume 4
Blu Ray disc in digipack

Volume 5
Colored 7" vinyl in a bag

Volume 6
3 guitar picks in a small bag

Volume 7
Tour programme

Volume 8
Illustration of "The Claw"

Volume 9
5 painted postcards

And then chocky was kind enough to do a break down for those that are scratching their heads at the price:

Book: $15
Double disk DVD: $25
BluRay disk: $25
7" coloured vinyl: $10
Tour programme: $25
Picks, postcards etc: $10
Total: $110

add $10-30 for "collectability/U2/novelty" factor and we could be looking at $120-140 on release date (reducing to probably $60-80 a by Christmas)

Just saw this pic on amazon.co.uk:

51fRG%2BpUd7L._SS400_.jpg

U2 360� At The Rose Bowl 2DVD Super Deluxe Box Set: Amazon.co.uk: U2: DVD

So pretty! I had pretty much decided not to get the Super Deluxe Edition (and probably still won't), but this photo makes it very tempting!

^^WOW!!!

My life right now:

-Rolling Stones Exile On Main Street Deluxe Edition comes out next week
-U2 360 Deluxe Edition (Was going to wait till I saw those pictures)
-And stupid Property Tax due next month :doh:

Whats on the vinyl????

I'm almost one hundred percent sure, at least this is what I hear:

Life is short but it's the longest thing you'll ever do
the worst, the curse was that your dreams came true
God is a mirror in which each man sees himself
there is a place where you don't need any help
when I first met you your face was like snow
wherever I went you wanted to go
your face, your grace, your lipstick case
your case as you put it down
8:17 on the ground
your faith in a clown (?)
don't leave me now
alone in this song
don't leave me now
alone in this song

Beautiful part, I really love it.

It's A-17 according to the subtitles. What that's a reference to, I have no idea.

That is a lot...but it's so, so pretty :drool: Selling point: the 7" Vinyl, regardless of what is actually on it.

Think I will be waiting till after the shows this summer, though. So much :twocents:

Oh my, so when they 2 disk its actually 3, i am assuming the 3rd is the blu ray version?

but my oh my i shall be buying that :drool:

90 euro is a lot of money :|

I don't know if I'll get the Super Deluxe set. I want the DVD and the bonus DVD, I don't need the BluRay and Vinyl anyway, let alone the tourbook and photos.

Maybe if Amazon dropped the price again, but right now, I'm more tempted to buy the Deluxe set with 2 DVDs.

Was there a description already posted as to what will be on the regular non-super-duper 2-DVD version? Breathe is still on there, right? Are some of the super-duper version extras included on the regular version?

I really have no use for vinyl, guitar picks or Blu-Ray. But I really like the video extras listed.

I'm still assuming that Amazon price will come down closer to the release.

Had a feeling that the vinyl would simply be an audio recording of the concert, but 7" is way too small, especially if it's any good quality....

Their guess is as good as ours.
A-17 makes no sense.

it's a small two seater plane hence..A-17 on the ground, and btw it's totally "faith in a clown" i listened to the HD mix of the SNL performance dozen's of times

"Life is short but it's the longest thing you'll ever do, the worst, the curse, is that your dreams came true, God is a mirror which each man see's himself, hell is a place where you don't need anyone's help, when i first met you your face was like snow, everywhere I went you wanted to go, your face, your grace, your can of mase, in a case as you put your face down, A-17 on the ground, your faith in a clown, don't leave me now"

For most people? I don't think that's ever stopped Bono before.

But a "maybe it's in the Bible" reference does make sense to most people?

I've just never heard of an A-17, and my father is a pilot. I can't think of many references to obscure technical names in Bono's previous lyrics - but the Bible is everywhere. "Time" is too.
I just don't believe that it could be A-17.

I've just never heard of an A-17, and my father is a pilot. I can't think of many references to obscure technical names in Bono's previous lyrics - but the Bible is everywhere. "Time" is too.
I just don't believe that it could be A-17.

Yes, the Bible is everywhere, yet many who go to Church wouldn't catch the ABOY reference, the Vertigo reference, UTEOTW reference, so on and so on unless told to them.

Either one makes sense :shrug:

It's just that 8:17 is a little too random of a time without any double meaning, so I lean towards A-17...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom