rose bowl dvd....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: VP thanks.

I just think the entire idea that it has anything to do with that is funny. The more I think about it, it wasn't even as much a sexual reference as the official lyrics to UTEOTW contain. So yeah. Silliness. :D

:wave: VP thanks.

I just think the entire idea that it has anything to do with that is funny. The more I think about it, it wasn't even as much a sexual reference as the official lyrics to UTEOTW contain. So yeah. Silliness. :D

Not to mention that...thing he sometimes does live at the end of UTEOTW. Wow. Makes me blush sometimes. :lol: A 10 inch cockatoo doesn't even compare!

Yes. But it was originally intended to be its own DVD release. It was only afterwards that they decided it was unusable.

Where/when did they say that ? The one official DVD for Vertigo tour was from Chicago, Milan wasn't even talked about and only 10 songs were made public.

I hope leaving Breathe out is just an april fools joke. All the build up to the show, David Bowie, Kingdom, Larry entering the stage and starting Breathe all means a lot to me. Sends shivers down my spine and I can't imagine the show without it..

I'll buy the DVD for sure, but am not looking forward to it as much. It just sounds so strange. This is the greatest build up to a show by anyone, anywhere since Zoo TV. It's just really sad, and sounds like bad judgement :down:

I totally agree with you! I went to few shows this past tour and the build up before Breathe is amazing. The first time you see it is unforgettable because you don't know what to expect - but even after you have already seen it, you can get shills in those minutes during which Kingdom is played and Larry walks out on stage. The fact that this might not make the DVD doesn't impress me at all. How is it going to start?? They are just going to cut to 4 of them on stage and opening lines of GOYB? :down:

I was going to order the DVD from u2.com now, but I noticed that there are only 3 versions out now. Namely:

U2 360 At The Rose Bowl [DVD]
U2 360 At The Rose Bowl [Blu-ray]
U2 360 At The Rose Bowl (2 DVD Deluxe Edition)

Was I too late for the Super Deluxe Box set or something? Anyone knows?

Did anyone order the super deluxe? What is the difference between the super deluxe and the 2 DVD deluze edition. Why do they make it so complicated?

The super deluxe at $39.95 is gone.

Amazon has changed it too....

Amazon.co.uk: U2 360� At The Rose Bowl - DVD & Blu-ray

It now says "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available."

So i'm guessing they're changing the super deluxe box set edition? Maybe they're making it available for blu-ray too?

:ohmy:

I was hoping to pre-order this set. I will patiently wait to see if Amazon sends me an e-mail when it is available. Maybe it will be worth the wait! I love surprises!!! :D

Where/when did they say that ? The one official DVD for Vertigo tour was from Chicago, Milan wasn't even talked about and only 10 songs were made public.

They were clearly intending to release a DVD from Milan since Bono gives the project a very specific shout-out. Both nights were filmed with the exact same set-list so they would have the constistency. Once the concert was in the can, I suspect plans changed...

:ohmy:

I was hoping to pre-order this set. I will patiently wait to see if Amazon sends me an e-mail when it is available. Maybe it will be worth the wait! I love surprises!!! :D

Yeah, I'll wait too for the very same reason.

I do not understand the point of excluding Breathe from the main concert, and add it as a bonus. It's no bonus if it was supposed to be there anyway, is it? It's like saying the whole thing is a bonus.

They were clearly intending to release a DVD from Milan since Bono gives the project a very specific shout-out. Both nights were filmed with the exact same set-list so they would have the constistency. Once the concert was in the can, I suspect plans changed...

It was insinuated by Willie in his entries for the Milan shows.

I'm sure it won't be that difficult to rip the BluRay and Breathe and put it where it belongs and "fix" the issue.

Not that we should have to, but that's all I'm saying...

The so called "Rose Bowl Show" will be far from being "untouched". Fans on other forms are already analyzing the audience and have discovered that there was some footage from the London shows added. Apparently the Rose Bowl audience wasn't so great after all.

But even when they had little money to play with and could actually film only one show, e.g. Red Rocks, they still had to butcher the final release. It is in their blood.

The so called "Rose Bowl Show" will be far from being "untouched". Fans on other forms are already analyzing the audience and have discovered that there was some footage from the London shows added. Apparently the Rose Bowl audience wasn't so great after all.

How do they know if they havent yet seen the DVD?.

The Rose Bowl audience was a typical LA audience. Mostly lame.

The plus side of living in this area is that everyone comes here.

The down side is the lame low energy audience.

About 80 % of shows I go to I get into an argument with someone telling me to sit down. That includes U2 audiences.

They saw the Wembley wristbands in some audience shots in the trailers that were posted on U2.com.

However, maybe there were just fans with these wristbands in the audience, I don't want to give a judgement here. But it's not uncommon to add footage from other concerts into a concert DVD and if the audience wasn't so great I can totally see them putting stuff from other shows on the DVD.

The Rose Bowl audience was a typical LA audience. Mostly lame.

The plus side of living in this area is that everyone comes here.

The down side is the lame low energy audience.

About 80 % of shows I go to I get into an argument with someone telling me to sit down. That includes U2 audiences.

Went to the same show. I thought the crowd enthusiasm was great. Especially GA crowd.

Given that they appear incapable (unwilling?) to even give us THIS show in it's entirety without trying to scam a extra few bucks for the opening song, I wouldn't hold out too much hope on BD live giving us anything of note.

Went to the same show. I thought the crowd enthusiasm was great. Especially GA crowd.

I thought the Rose Bowl crowd was great. Where I was in the pit there was ridiculous energy.

:up: Me too. Great, great energy in the pit, but also, several times during the show I looked around the whole stadium, and the entire place had a great energy. So I know it wasn't just the inner circle or outer rail people carrying the whole show.

I agree with toscano that L.A. crowds can be lame, but I completely disagree and I don't think the crowd for this show was lame at all.

:up: Me too. Great, great energy in the pit, but also, several times during the show I looked around the whole stadium, and the entire place had a great energy. So I know it wasn't just the inner circle or outer rail people carrying the whole show.

I agree with toscano that L.A. crowds can be lame, but I completely disagree and I don't think the crowd for this show was lame at all.

Totally agree. I was left of stage, up a bit towards the top. Great energy up there, as well as in the entire place from what I could tell.

I went to the Vancouver show 3 nights later, much more subdued crowd (not lame, just not as into it.).

I was expecting a too cool for school vibe at the Rose Bowl but was happily surprised.

Aussies to see Rose Bowl dvd first !

TV : U2 to the MAX

By Clint Morris | April 22, 2010

MAX announced today that the channel has secured the exclusive Australian Television Premiere of - U2’s spectacular live performance from the Rose Bowl in Los Angeles - ahead of the concert’s global release on DVD!

U2360° At The Rose Bowl was the penultimate gig of last year’s U2360° Tour, in support of the band’s Grammy Award nominated album No Line On The Horizon. The Rose Bowl performance was the band’s biggest show of 2009 and U2’s biggest ever US show, with a record-breaking live audience of 100,000. The concert was also streamed across seven continents via YouTube. The first ever live streaming of a full-length stadium concert, U2360° at the Rose Bowl had over 10 million views on the channel in one week.

A truly awesome and unforgettable music event, U2360° LIVE features an amazing line-up of the band’s biggest hits with some unique behind the scenes footage from the tour. Songs include, Get On Your Boots, Beautiful Day, I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For, Elevation, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Sunday Bloody Sunday, One, Where The Streets Have No Name, With Or Without You, and many, many more.

Don’t miss this history-making performance by one of the world’s biggest bands - Saturday 1 May at 6.30pm.

U2360° LIVE - AUSTRALIAN TV PREMIERE
Saturday 1 May at 6.30pm
Exclusive to MAX

TV : U2 to the MAX - What’s Playing

U2 360 at the Rose Bowl - DVD, Blu-Ray and Broadcast Information / Discussion

Last thread was just about done, so I thought Id include info here.

Dvd Info:

SuperDeluxe EDITION

Volume 1
32-pages hardcover book with photos, comments, pictures from the tour etc

Volume 2
Digipack DVD with concert.

Volume 3
1. Making Of - 34 minute documentary - "Squaring The Circle - Creating U2360"
2. Clips from the U2360º Tour - A selection of the best moments recorded by the video director of the tour in several cities, including Milan, Barcelona, Dublin, Rose Bowl, Chicago, Toronto, Poland.

3. A bonus track - "Breathe" live
4. Footage from opening night in Europe - Barcelona
5. Footage from opening night of the North American tour - Chicago
6. Get On Your Boots (Video)
7. Magnificent (Video)
8. I'll Go Crazy If I Do not Go Crazy Tonight (Video, O'Reilly Version)
9. I'll Go Crazy If I Do not Go Crazy Tonight (Video, Courtes Version)
10. The making Of "Get On Your Boots" - (Video)
11. The making Of "Magnificent" - (Video)

Volume 4
Blu Ray disc in digipack

Volume 5
Colored 7" vinyl in a bag

Volume 6
3 guitar picks in a small bag

Volume 7
Tour programme

Volume 8
Illustration of "The Claw"

Volume 9
5 painted postcards

€ 120

Also comes in standard DVD, Dual DVD which includes Volumes 2 and 3, Blu-Ray that involves 2 and 3 as well. Released June 7/8

Broadcast Info:

1st of May 2010 - Australia, MAX
10th of May 2010 - Brazil, GLOBO Multishow (incl. Behind The Scenes footage, availiable online after broadcast)
29th of May 2010 - France, Canal+ (60 minutes, 11:00 PM - 12:00 PM)

MAX in Australia will be broadcasting:

Kingdom Of Your Love
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Elevation
The Unforgettable Fire
Vertigo/It's Only Rock and Roll
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight/Two Tribes
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Amazing Grace/Where The Streets Have No Name
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Moment of Surrender