Rest of U2 Survivor: Boy - Round 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • Out of Control

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • The Electric Co.

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Twilight met its demise, with 34 votes.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours.
Songs in this round:

- An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
- Out Of Control
- The Electric Co.

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

I honestly don't know if I can say which one I least like at this point...so maybe I shouldn't vote and leave it to everyone else :)

we'll see...:hmm:

:( Poor Twilight. It's the second best song on Boy. I can't fathom why it's gone and the markedly inferior Out Of Control is still here.

This was tough, but An Cat Dubh

btw, by accident i just looked at saw that i have a PM from someone in this thread... :wink: Sorry, but don't think I can open it as I'm not a premium member, right?

here's an old email address that already gets tons of spam, if you want to write me there... :huh:

bluejaybird63 [at] hotmail . com

(you know what to do with the spaces)

Last edited:
Rob33 said:
I honestly don't know if I can say which one I least like at this point...so maybe I shouldn't vote and leave it to everyone else :)

we'll see...:hmm:

Rob , this is what the game is all about .
eliminating songs we love !

Axver said:
:( Poor Twilight. It's the second best song on Boy. I can't fathom why it's gone and the markedly inferior Out Of Control is still here.

Axver, I think some voters may have considered Out of Control's success as a live song in this poll when comparing it to twilight..:hmm:

Rob33 said:
Axver, I think some voters may have considered Out of Control's success as a live song in this poll when comparing it to twilight..:hmm:

Well, firstly, you're not meant to vote based on live versions (yeah, I'd like to know how we're supposed to actually ensure that doesn't happen though!). Secondly, I actually think Twilight was the better live song. It was so intense and atmospheric. OOC is great for getting a crowd on its feet and dancing, but damn, listen to the 5 June 1983 version of Twilight that's the b-side to Sweetest Thing. Right there is the reason why I love this band so much.

It's interesting: if IWF were here, I'm sure the OOC vote would be split and ACD would be out of here. I imagine if you go back to the original Song Survivor, something along those lines happened. So this competition has proven its worth by demonstrating that Interference rather likes ACD after all.

Axver said:

Well, firstly, you're not meant to vote based on live versions (yeah, I'd like to know how we're supposed to actually ensure that doesn't happen though!). Secondly, I actually think Twilight was the better live song. It was so intense and atmospheric. OOC is great for getting a crowd on its feet and dancing, but damn, listen to the 5 June 1983 version of Twilight that's the b-side to Sweetest Thing. Right there is the reason why I love this band so much.

Is that really part of the "ground rules", not considering the live versions? I mean, take War for example...I prefer the album version of NYD to the album version of SBS, but I think SBS is the better song. Am I supposed to penalize SBS because I think the studio version is lacking?

:huh: i still think there's a hole in the "rules" of this whole damn thing with One Tree Hill still being in this competition so anything goes...:wink:

Last edited:
If live versions can't be considered, I'm surprised that Bad did so well in the previous competition. The live versions of that are out of this world, but I find the studio version extremely dull.

gareth brown said:
:huh: i still think there's a hole in the "rules" of this whole damn thing with One Tree Hill still being in this competition so anything goes...:wink:

Uh, why?

If you're talking about it being on the Japanese release ... The Fly is still here too. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom