Rehearsals at Camp Nou ( Spoiler )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exciting. Would love to see Kite in there at some stage. The way they brought it back at the end of the Vertigo tour was unreal. Would be a pity for it to never come back.

Exciting. Would love to see Kite in there at some stage. The way they brought it back at the end of the Vertigo tour was unreal. Would be a pity for it to never come back.

The Vertigo version was a disaster in comparison to the sheer beauty of the Elevationversion. I absolutely hate that extended "solo" that is going nowhere and the kite flying by Bono is beyond corny and THE most "non rock 'n roll" thing he has ever done..

I just realised how much I detest that version :wink:

4 - Unknown Caller // 6:06 // Finished // Great Just need [something]

Dallas Schoo describes the song as "one of Edge's major solos in his life - you wont hear better than that on any other song".

Oh brother :crack:

The Vertigo version was a disaster in comparison to the sheer beauty of the Elevationversion. I absolutely hate that extended "solo" that is going nowhere and the kite flying by Bono is beyond corny and THE most "non rock 'n roll" thing he has ever done..

you never cease being wrong, do you?

:hmm: Maybe you had to be there (as I was 7 times) and experience it in person. It was an awesome closer. Agreed the kite flying was a little silly. Musically it was pretty epic, especially Edge's blistering guitar solos.

Bugger - Can't download the rar at work.

Can't wait to hear Magnificent again Live! :drool: The one I heared at the BBC in London that day knocked my socks off :hyper:

to those worried about the lack of 90's tracks, i wouldn't stress too much. i'm sure they'll be rehearsing more songs than they did yesterday between now and the tour opener.

:hmm: Maybe you had to be there (as I was 7 times) and experience it in person. It was an awesome closer. Agreed the kite flying was a little silly. Musically it was pretty epic, especially Edge's blistering guitar solos.

maybe you are right. I just wasnt impressed by the bootlegs. In person it can climb to a completely different level . :up:

you never cease being wrong, do you?

If being wrong in the eyes of the blind means being right in the world of people with vision I have no problem admitting that I am indeed wrong all the time. :wink:

Funny that you do not think Dallas his comments are "slightly" over the top
knowing the eventual outcome. The kitething was just stupid and the solo as I wholeheartedly admitted just a few minutes ago didnt feel as great watching and listening to the bootleg and maybe that is because I was there in person at slanecastle which had that "little" bit of extra emotion compared to the lets fly a kitedisaster.

Funny that you do not think Dallas his comments are "slightly" over the top knowing the eventual outcome.

I think the UC solo is worth getting excited about. Anyhow, Dallas seems like a pretty hyperactive sort of guy. And since Edge is his boss, it's kind of his job to say nice things like that.

Are you insane?! Ultraviolet overrated?!?! WTF...if anything it's the complete opposite....

No, I actually don't think I'm "insane", but thank you very much about caring for my mental health. I don't believe I'm insane just because I don't join the love fest for a song I simply don't like much. And yes, I do think it IS overrated by fans here. It's the weakest song on AB, maybe second weakest behind So Cruel.

I quote this post of you as an example of how wrong you constantly are in this thread; you're mostly wrong about most other stuff here, too, but I'm actually too busy and too tired to quote all of it.

KITE on Vertigo was sheer beauty, I'd love to hear and see that again.

And no, the Ultraviolet lyrics aren't that great. They're not bad, but I'll take every song on NLOTH over Ultraviolet any day. Gladly.

I love UV. There's a certain feeling of desperation to it that gives it a 'vitality' that has been missing a lot in the 2000's (ATYCLB and beyond).

Also I think people, myself included, feel sorry for the song since it got ditched after only one tour. It deserves more!

In true U2 fashion, please remember that Bono himself need to be able to remember the words to all of these songs.

CORRECTION.

Bono himself needs to be able to read the teleprompter in order to sing these songs.

I would like to think that they are practicing an entire wack of tunes to add to their repertoire.

The non fans (do they even exist?) are paying to hear the work horses. So I don't think people should get their knickers in a knot about hearing Beautiful Day, Streets, and Elevation etc.

As they noted on the last tour, this isn't a greatest hits tour either. They DO have an album to promote. So an injection of the new songs is necessary.

I am pleased that U2 now has an extensive back catalogue to draw upon. No longer do we have a U2 show where 11 O'Clock Tick Tock opens and closes the set ;)

What I DO like is the fact that a lot of the songs seem high energy. So bring on Mofo and a version of Lemon.

I'm going to remain optimistic that with this stage set up, the boys are gonna pull out all the stops.........especially since this isn't in an arena. Like all the stops. I gotta feeling that there is more to the stage than we know about.

If anyone has the ego and persona to rock a stadium for each and every person in it....

....it's U2.

Guys, guys, please!

This thread is about the Rehearsals, can we please stay ontopic and leave the bickering about songs in EYKIW?

Holy Crap!!!!

Without going thru all these posts - They Rehearsed TUF, Drowning Man and UltraViolet???? I've been away for a couple of days and I'm just seeing this - BRING THE FUCKING TOUR ON!!!

Also to the post above me (Last Unicorn)

I couldn't disagree more with you when it comes to UltraViolet - maybe because when the song/album came out I was in a relationship much like the one Bono wrote about and I've unfortunately lived that song... I look back now and it brings me both sadness and cheer to think I lived that song. But while I've been flamed here for absolutely hating GOYB liking or disliking a song is a personakl choice and I'd never flame anyone or take it personally. :shrug:

I quote this post of you as an example of how wrong you constantly are in this thread; you're mostly wrong about most other stuff here, too, but I'm actually too busy and too tired to quote all of it.

KITE on Vertigo was sheer beauty, I'd love to hear and see that again.

And no, the Ultraviolet lyrics aren't that great. They're not bad, but I'll take every song on NLOTH over Ultraviolet any day. Gladly.

Oh honey :hug:
and who made you the grandmaster of wisedom all of a sudden?

You just made it perfectly clear that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, that you are a "bit" oversensitive and honestly not worth my attention anymore if it werent for the fact that your complete overreacting on everything "negative" about MY favourite band is so adorable and in a strange way compelling that I just need to react.
Word of advice: Get a yourself a nice little life, paint your paintings and try NOT to read other peoples comments as constant attacks on your precious band. It might put a smile on your face, trust me.

:wave:

4 - Unknown Caller // 6:06 // Finished // Great Just need [something]

Dallas Schoo describes the song as "one of Edge's major solos in his life - you wont hear better than that on any other song".

Oh brother :crack:[/QUOTE]

UC is a cracking tune, the best on the album. The solo is perfect and sends shivers down my spine when I hear it, I can't understand what's up with the doubters of this song.

Each to their own I suppose:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom