RED (WIRE) - Video clip of a new Christmas U2 song (11/30/08)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to download the player, but I just get a black screen with a download bar that says Loading 0%. It seems all my system requirements are ok. If it's a firewall problem I don't know how to allow the redwire player. :(

So, uhm, how on earth are we actually meant to download these DRM-free mp3s? I see a video with the song, but that's it...

I found this song on a Rush fan forum. I think it's great! I actually like it better than the orignal Greg Lake version :shh:

Edge's guitar sounds fabulous!

Proud of them for doing something a little different and am very surprised.

So, uhm, how on earth are we actually meant to download these DRM-free mp3s? I see a video with the song, but that's it...

The files are in hidden directories...

Windows:
C:\Documents and Settings\Daniel\Application Data\REDWire.C1598DF48661B2477B3D37A86A1D57CC87AD5372.1\Local Store\

Mac:
/Users/Daniel/Library/Preferences/REDWireC1598DF48661B2477B3D37A86A1D57CC87AD5372.1/Local Store/

I've tried the MP3s and videos out on iTunes, an iPod, and an Apple TV and they work fine. Bring on the U2 content.

Hey Rob33,
sounds to me like you better go check your shorts!!! I think you just shot your load and then some....good for you!!
Serioisly, just having fun with ya...his voice does sound great and seems to only get stronger and better with age...go figure.

How long are you waiting. It takes a little while to get started after it says 0%.

I have waited an hour, but it never changes, never downloads. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

(posted this in the RED thread as well but posting it here too in case anyone else wants to try it)
I did email them about the problem and received an email back from them asking for my phone number and the best time they can call me to help install it... which is nice. Except right now I am seldom home from work because of the holidays and my schedule is awful... only home late at night so I'll have to take them up on the offer a little later, maybe after the holidays... but still I appreciate their offer.

I have waited an hour, but it never changes, never downloads. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

(posted this in the RED thread as well but posting it here too in case anyone else wants to try it)
I did email them about the problem and received an email back from them asking for my phone number and the best time they can call me to help install it... which is nice. Except right now I am seldom home from work because of the holidays and my schedule is awful... only home late at night so I'll have to take them up on the offer a little later, maybe after the holidays... but still I appreciate their offer.

Yeah, same thing again here. It seems to install just fine, I get the initial screen telling what it's all about, the pictures of Jay Z etc, but then eventually it just goes to black and the download bar at the bottom says 0% and never changes.

bonocomet, are you on a macbook?

Yeah, same thing again here. It seems to install just fine, I get the initial screen telling what it's all about, the pictures of Jay Z etc, but then eventually it just goes to black and the download bar at the bottom says 0% and never changes.

nope I'm on a pc. And that is exactly what mine does too, I get the slide show type thing telling me it's downolading etc... but that's it, it eventually goes to black, 0%. I wish I had the time tell redwire when to contact me, but I don't right now, and I had been hoping they would have just emailed me some suggestions. I know the phone call thing is very personal and they are making an effort but it's a bad time of year for me...I don't think they want to call me at 1 am. oh well. :(

(If anyone figures it out or has suggestions please feel free to let us know! :happy: )

nope I'm on a pc. And that is exactly what mine does too, I get the slide show type thing telling me it's downolading etc... but that's it, it eventually goes to black, 0%. I wish I had the time tell redwire when to contact me, but I don't right now, and I had been hoping they would have just emailed me some suggestions. I know the phone call thing is very personal and they are making an effort but it's a bad time of year for me...I don't think they want to call me at 1 am. oh well. :(

(If anyone figures it out or has suggestions please feel free to let us know! :happy: )

I tried using their customer support form and that doesn't even go through. I keep getting an "authentification mismatch" error.

I tried at work, (pc) late in the day when it's not so busy and managed to get to 20%. It stayed there for an hour and 15 minutes. I had to eventually log off and go home.

Could I have the MP3 too please? It's not yet available in Canada, even though I signed up to be notified when it is. However I DID trick it with a US postal code in the mean time until it's available in Canada, and it allowed me to download (RED)WIRE... sadly, I'm having the same problem as a few people here, where the bar freezes at 0%, even though the preview titles are scrolling...

dave_is_grimey@hotmail.com :wave:

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom