Rattled By The Rush - Communist Sun God Worshippers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: I saw that.

I can imagine. Honestly, money amounts in the thousands are almost unimaginable to me. I simply can't wrap my brain around that much. :lol:

Yeah, I don't quite "get" the amounts either, it's a good thing that I don't actually pay most of it, cause then I really would have a heart attack. :lol: It's just so much money! I can't even think about it...:lol:

:lol: I know! The costs of college are so insane. Without financial aid and the like, I'd have a heart attack too.

It's kind of sickening that we allow our youth to pay these astronomical amounts of money for an education, you know? Society should want to invest in us, the future, not want us to enter society in debt. Sometimes America frustrates the hell out of me. :tsk: :lol:

It's kind of sickening that we allow our youth to pay these astronomical amounts of money for an education, you know? Society should want to invest in us, the future, not want us to enter society in debt. Sometimes America frustrates the hell out of me. :tsk: :lol:

It can be very frustrating especially when you think about student debt after you graduate. :yikes:

Don't you remember my journal about the whole bank statement fiasco?

I do. They wanted a parent's signature if I remember correctly. :down:

At least it's not ME per se who pays, it's my family who has to. It's about 45,000 times harder for us international students at universities and colleges. There's just so many rules and regulations and stipulations :blahblah:

At least it's not ME per se who pays, it's my family who has to. It's about 45,000 times harder for us international students at universities and colleges. There's just so many rules and regulations and stipulations :blahblah:

The whole process of education is so complicated when it doesn't have to be. There doesn't have to been so many rules and regulations. Certain things you have to do can be so annoying and I'm not even an international student. I can't imagine how much of a pain it can be. :down:

It can be very frustrating especially when you think about student debt after you graduate. :yikes:

:yes: I'm extremely lucky in regards to the debt I'll be in after graduation, but even mine seems like an awful lot to me. :down:

I can imagine there would be a lot more rules and stuff. I bet it gets frustrating.

I agree Justin! It's silly because it's EDUCATION and it's all this hassle and cost to obtain it. It's not like we're asking for something bad, like trying to obtain illegal drugs! Right now I'm wondering what to do after I graduate - it's pretty much a dead end. The choice is to go back home where there are no oppurtunities to use my 6 years of grad and post grad education, or to stay here and apply for a P.H.D.

I agree Justin! It's silly because it's EDUCATION and it's all this hassle and cost to obtain it. It's not like we're asking for something bad, like trying to obtain illegal drugs! Right now I'm wondering what to do after I graduate - it's pretty much a dead end. The choice is to go back home where there are no oppurtunities to use my 6 years of grad and post grad education, or to stay here and apply for a P.H.D.

Yeah it's ridiculous, pursuing education is always a good thing. :up:

So after you finish with your education are you required to go back home? I'm a little confused.

I could totally see you with a Ph.D. :D What would you get one in? :)

:wave: Guys.

Oh my god I know what you mean Zee - I've had a letter from Manchester University telling me about college fee's... and it's literally £7000/£8000 more per year for international students :huh: And then there's travel costs and stuff aswell. WHY?!

:wave: Hi Emma and bye Cassie.

Oh my god I know what you mean Zee - I've had a letter from Manchester University telling me about college fee's... and it's literally £7000/£8000 more per year for international students :huh: And then there's travel costs and stuff aswell. WHY?!

Free education should be the goal of any society. That's all that really needs to be said when you look at these education costs. :up:

Yeah it's ridiculous, pursuing education is always a good thing. :up:

So after you finish with your education are you required to go back home? I'm a little confused.

I could totally see you with a Ph.D. :D What would you get one in? :)

Yes. The government does not prefer us "forgeiners" stealing American jobs, even though I personally have lived here for almost 5 years now... So as I said, it's go back home where there's no place to use all my years of hard work. My family will prolly push me for a Ph.D, as my dad has one and education is never wasted, etc.

:wave: Guys.

Yep, here in California I have to pay $3000 per term, plus out-of-state fees, plus international students fees. My poor parents are really working overtime to pay my fees.

I completely agree with free education... and healthcare... and high but fair taxes :D It's just how things should be :shrug:

Yes. The government does not prefer us "forgeiners" stealing American jobs, even though I personally have lived here for almost 5 years now... So as I said, it's go back home where there's no place to use all my years of hard work. My family will prolly push me for a Ph.D, as my dad has one and education is never wasted, etc.

Yep, here in California I have to pay $3000 per term, plus out-of-state fees, plus international students fees. My poor parents are really working overtime to pay my fees.

Is there any way to apply for citizenship? You should be able to go where there are opportunities.

My god! That's plain ridiculous. :down: Your poor parents shouldn't have to pay all of that. :hug:

:wave: Hi Emma and bye Cassie.

Free education should be the goal of any society. That's all that really needs to be said when you look at these education costs. :up:

:bow:

Here in oz there's huge debates looming over the state of university education and the sneaky ever so slowly encroaching adoption of the US system of 'user pays' tertiary education . . . casting my mind back to the end of the "80's, an education contribution scheme was introduced in about 1989 (prior to that Uni was FREE, as it should be with only internationals having to pay) whereby once your income reached a certain threshold you contributed about 2 - 3 % of your pre-tax income to help cover discretionary costs . . .didn't take long for the income threshold to be lowered and the pre-tax contribution % to increase . . .:rant:

I'll run away now :giggle:

have a happy friday night / saturday morning doodlebugs :kiss:

Is there any way to apply for citizenship? You should be able to go where there are opportunities.

My god! That's plain ridiculous. :down: Your poor parents shouldn't have to pay all of that. :hug:

Citizenship... well, I have to find a job where I have to sign stuff that says I promise to work there non stop - no trips abroad - for 3 years. It's called employment sponsorship. After that is completed, that's when I can even think of it. The other option is to marry an American citizen, which plenty of people do.

Here in oz there's huge debates looming over the state of university education and the sneaky ever so slowly encroaching adoption of the US system of 'user pays' tertiary education . . . casting my mind back to the end of the "80's, an education contribution scheme was introduced in about 1989 (prior to that Uni was FREE, as it should be with only internationals having to pay) whereby once your income reached a certain threshold you contributed about 2 - 3 % of your pre-tax income to help cover discretionary costs . . .didn't take long for the income threshold to be lowered and the pre-tax contribution % to increase . . .:rant:

:wave:

That 1989 scheme really sucks. :down:

Citizenship... well, I have to find a job where I have to sign stuff that says I promise to work there non stop - no trips abroad - for 3 years. It's called employment sponsorship. After that is completed, that's when I can even think of it. The other option is to marry an American citizen, which plenty of people do.

:tsk: Now THAT is ridiculous. :down: Almost five years living here and a US education isn't enough?! :huh:

:wave: Hi & Bye PR :lol:

I don't actually know much about the Australian education system - it's amazing that you had it completely free beforehand :up: Not so good now though.

That 1989 scheme really sucks. :down:

:wave: Hi & Bye PR :lol:

I don't actually know much about the Australian education system - it's amazing that you had it completely free beforehand :up: Not so good now though.

Hi Guys . . . bit crap at the chat threads . . . sorry :reject: . . . too many kidlet interruptions :shrug:

It drives me crazy that we all pay taxes and that govts can't seem to get that education should be something, as well as healthcare, that is just first on the list of priorities . . . half the social ails that trouble our worlds are a direct result of lack of education and its link to lower incomes . . . I get that perhaps not everyone is interested in education but we should at least have access to it and the opportunity to pursue without having huge debts hanging over our heads :angry:

kidlet feeding time :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom