Random Music Talk XLIII: 11 O'Clock Click Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are Destroyer threads, Cobbler.

destroyr.jpg

People throw theme parties from time to time, but I just got invited to the strangest one: a denim party. The fucking shit is that about?

I don't even have enough denim, though. There's hardly any bridges in this town to look under. And don't even get me started on the shortage of eggs.

With the tour forum being closed, it's a shame the mods can't do the same with EYKIW until any new material is announced. It'll save us more INXS-style embarrassments.

For reasons I can't explain, I've never listened to Live at Leeds. I have it, I've just never listened to it. That needs to be fixed.

Hey gang, so I finally made it to Montreal, and just in time to see Arcade Fire on Wednesday in a small venue and the massive free concert downtown on Thursday that is expected to attain 50,000 people or more.

I absolutely loved Chicago, and will definitely be visiting again. Went to the aquarium, spent some time on the waterfront, and wandered around Wrigleyville.

Also visited the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland a day later and that was a real treat. So many great things to see in there, and I was greeted by several Trabants hanging near the entrance along with a Zoo TV sign. There wasn't much else in terms of U2 artifacts that I could find, but I didn't care. Everything else was really cool.

Cori, make sure to find Wayne's scribblings while you're out there. Draw a picture of BoMac (maple leaf with arms, legs and beachball) next to it with a suspicious expression.

Looks like someone has seen a photo of me.

There wasn't much else in terms of U2 artifacts that I could find, but I didn't care. Everything else was really cool.

There is a Goal is Soul guitar there somewhere. That was when I found out there are like 15 copies of that guitar, so I didn't think Bono was a Damn Liar when he showed up at the very next show after giving that man his guitar with an exact copy of it.

May just have scored myself free tickets to Okkervil River, and there's a minute chance I'll be interviewing one of them.

To elaborate on this, if I had talked to the journo who looks after events yesterday, instead of today, I could have interviewed Okkervil River and then been given free tickets to their show. But they're already interviewing two artists unfortunately. Might still be able to score a free ticket though.

just in time to see Arcade Fire on Wednesday in a small venue and the massive free concert downtown on Thursday that is expected to attain 50,000 people or more.

Sunday was perhaps the best of all the times I've seen them, so you're in for a treat. They really seem to be relishing the end of the touring cycle since we "won't see [them] for a few years" after this run of shows. Enjoy.

The "Big Day Out Spy" now reckons Radiohead will be doing a 1hr45min set. I have to breathe and continue to convince myself it's a troll.

I wouldn't put too much faith in this Big Day Out Spy at this stage, since they claimed Opeth would be doing the BDO and that was completely wrong. It honestly reads to me as if somebody is just listing bands that are popular in Australia and have just released/are about to release a new album, and hoping that some will be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom