Random Music Talk LXXVI: No officer, it's not the ice, I ALWAYS dress like a donkey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Brown is an embarrassment to the music industry. How do they let that guy keep making albums?

I'm a bit late on the whole donkey suit stuff but a friend of mine who I go to festivals with, often wears a Pikachu suit. That's way cooler than a donkey suit and he also does it at "normal" festivals where like 10 of the 80000 people wear a funny suit.

It is a bit irritating walking next to him sometimes though. :lol:

Couple thoughts on Chris Brown: I'd remained blissfully ignorant of any of the prick's actual music until this past weekend. I got into a cab that, unbeknownst to me, had screens which played shitty music videos the entire time. It played this video:

Chris Brown - Gimme That (Remix) ft. Lil Wayne - YouTube

Nevermind that the track itself is insanity inducing (fun fact: the producer likely makes more money than all of us), watch Brown over the course of the entire video. Don't look at Lil Wayne, just look at Brown. Watch his face. Watch his mannerisms. Is there a more punchable fuck on the planet?

I truly love that your longest post in ages is knocking Chris Brown.

I'd argue only Pitbull has a more punchable face.

Anyway I just got back from Django Unchained. Fucking brilliant stuff. Laughed my arse off, the good guy won, and the violence was just perfectly ridiculous.

I really need to go see that one. Will probably do so in the coming week as I'm finally done with my exams.

I just got a boxset with all Tarantino's movies for €30. Good stuff.

I'd argue only Pitbull has a more punchable face..

The thing about Pitbull is his music patently sucks, but he seems like he's probably a good sport. I get the feeling he's in on the joke. How else could you explain his incoherent Bud Light commercial which ends with the most inexplicable (and gif-able) moment of any ad in recent memory?

Also, 4chan stacked the deck in a contest to vote for which Walmart to send Pitbull to for a meet and greet, and they voted for the Walmart with the lowest population density in the country. It won, because that's what 4chan does, and Pitbull went out to the middle of nowhere in Alaska anyway. Chris Brown would've thrown a tantrum. This pretty much indicates to me that Pitbull understands how ridiculous he is.

oElgEiX.gif

It's wonderful that there are so many other legitimate reasons to despise Chris Brown, but you throw the assault in there and it becomes this perfect cocktail of shitty human being.

GirlsAloudFan said:
Shouter's going to be thrilled when he hears the news about the new She & Him album.

I'll never forget the time that somebody posted about the most recent She & Him album coming out and Shouter said something like "A sad day for us all."

:heart:

I'm putting this on the new release calendar just to see if it will provoke a response.

Because he's very popular and sells a lot of them

I don't think it's all that complicated.

If they had any sense of decency, they'd throw him out on his ass. It's not that complicated.

I'm going to beat you after our first record is released and see how the music industry treats me. It's not my fault Gaf. You were asking for it

Thanks a lot, Laz. I just laughed out loud at a coffee shop, sitting at a table by myself.

As for Pitbull, I do find his songs catchy. I'm exposed to them constantly because I do Zumba, and I also have one of his songs on a yoga playlist I use. People don't seem to take him too seriously but enjoy his music, and I get the impression he's the same way--just having a good time. I'll take Pitbull over Chris Brown every single day.

So apparently Four Tet are/is releasing a song next month titled, "The Track I've Been Playing That People Keep Asking About and That Joy Used in His RA Mix and Daphni Played on Boiler Room."

Has anyone here listened to Alex Clare? I'm making my way through his album now...really liking it. Very likely it would have made my best of 2012 list had I known about it before today.

I listened to it last week. There were a couple tracks I dug, but when that "AND IT FEELS LIKE I AM somethingsomething TO LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU!" I laughed, because every time I heard that song in whatever commercial it is, I'd wonder who it was. And here it was!

Not because I liked the song at all, but because I wanted to know who this was being so ubiquitous in commercials.

In the end I decided I didn't like enough songs to buy it. Although in all honesty, I might have been swayed by my dislike of that song.

So, I'm still not sure what's going on, but what I'm taking from all this is that Cobblers a goddamn furry now?

They could make a documentary about Cobbler at festivals and call it...

The Donko Doco.

I like that song, cori! And yeah, when I heard it on the record, I knew I'd heard it before on an advertisement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom